PDA

View Full Version : Single Missions (Pointless for some)

Soviet Ace
04-04-2010, 08:53 PM
So I was just playing around, with the Single Missions and I began realizing that some of the missions are just flat out pointless and achieve nothing but a single kill. I mean, all I have to do with some of them is find the single out of place Heinkel or Messerschmitt, and shoot it down with nothing else to do. And some, all I have to do is catch up with the single target, and blow it out of the sky with no reaction from the AI.

So, out of more disappointment from BoP, I ask: Why in the hell, would you waste game space for a mission; such as I have given as examples. It doesn't accomplish anything, and really could have gone to maybe adding Cockpits, accurate noise, accurate this and that. Now I know, that this sounds like another "what's the point of playing BoP" Thread, but it's just an observation to what this waste of game space is, but could have been put forth to.

Ah well, it doesn't really matter now anyways, the Dev's can't do anything anymore anyway. I just wanted to see what others thought about this waste of space with some of the missions.

SEE
04-04-2010, 10:05 PM
those recce missions where you fly to a series of waypoints....and absolutely sweet FA else...............I pack a good novel and have a read along the way.....its either that or land and a have a picnic.........:grin:

Shaderhacker
04-05-2010, 07:41 PM
Buy the PC version! :-P

markyboyacebassist
04-05-2010, 07:48 PM
those recce missions where you fly to a series of waypoints....and absolutely sweet FA else...............I pack a good novel and have a read along the way.....its either that or land and a have a picnic.........:grin:

I say EVA, any chance of an invite? Sitting in a deckchair sipping alcoholic ginger beer whilst looking at my beautiful Spitfire MK9 sounds wonderful!!
Any chance some WAAFs might make a appearance?
:grin::grin::grin:

SEE
04-05-2010, 08:18 PM
Any chance some WAAFs might make a appearance?
:grin::grin::grin:

ha ha......get back to base and the CO asks ....

"encounter any bogeys or problems? "

"Hmm.........sorry Sir, I didn't look up her nose but her Knicks went down a treat!"

Soviet Ace
04-05-2010, 08:44 PM
Buy the PC version! :-P

I've got 1946, so I'm alright for now. WoP looks nice, but I like having tons of planes to choose from in the meantime. ;)

FOZ_1983
04-05-2010, 10:04 PM
Couldn't agree more. Some of the missions are a complete waste of time and pointless.

Most notably the one you have mentioned, where you fly the Hurricane and have to spot any "odd behaviour" in amongst a formation of HE111's.

Spot a lone HE111 thats acts odd then shoot it down.... dont worry, ignore the rest!! Its bloody stupid. Why do that? Seems like they had alot of free time on their hands and needed to add a few more things to the game haha.

Ah well, nevermind.

Shaderhacker
04-05-2010, 11:41 PM
Hahaha! Well, the DLC is coming soon which will add more planes and more missions. I can't wait for coop!

The_Goalie_94
04-06-2010, 08:40 AM
Hahaha! Well, the DLC is coming soon which will add more planes and more missions. I can't wait for coop!

what...?

BRIGGBOY
04-06-2010, 12:54 PM

well fck off and play it then

bobbysocks
04-09-2010, 07:41 AM
all they had to do to devise better missions is ask the players. were a poll taken and scenarios given...i would wager you all could come up with a kick @$$ game and awesome mission/scenarios. the (side) single missions should sharpen skills necessary for the next round of play. as a player reaches higher levels...their degree of skill/competency should rise as well. these "single missions" should tutor the gamer in specific skills they need to accomplish for the oncoming level. to fly way points....pick one bomber out of a group...i grant might be ok for the first 1 to 3/4 missions...after that...is pretty much an insult or "freebee" <<< and i really dont want that...nor do i want a scenario that dang near impossible to accomplish ( which is the other end of the spectrum...as i have seen in other games). i want to be challenged in a real way where combat skill is involved. make us better fliers by the end of the game. that should be the point....to get us ready for the "sequel".

Shadowcorp
04-12-2010, 11:15 AM
I find i agree i would rather they made the campaign longer or more intricate, The single missions seem a little like an after thought so certian aircraft can be unloccked without having to rely on the multiplayer