PDA

View Full Version : Ogre rage working properly?

Metathron
04-03-2010, 09:24 PM
I know that ogres are not a frequently used unit, so those of you who have used it, have you noticed anything wrong with their ogre's rage ability?

Example: My stack of 7 ogres attempts to attack a stack of 283 thorn hunters. Before activating ogre's rage, the damage "forecast" is 1260-1512 damage (212-252 kills) and after activating the ability there's absolutely no change. I thought an Attack increase of 37 would amount to a rather significant damage output. What the frell?

Zechnophobe
04-03-2010, 09:36 PM
Damage caps out once you have 60 greater attack then the targets defense. It is quite possibly that your attack stat was pushing your ogres to the point where the rage wasn't going to give any more additional effect.

I have used Ogres, and am pretty certain there ability works as expected.

Note that you will get the most out of them when using the rage ability against higher level units. Against dragons you will often get the most damage differential (Potentially many times more damage than otherwise).

Metathron
04-03-2010, 09:44 PM
I haven't considered the cap, that'll be it, thanks!

N3MES1S
04-03-2010, 10:50 PM
Yup, the ogre rage works fine. I used ogres, and i remember that with 14 ogres (if i remember well) i killed 4 black dragons using rage in 1 single hit. So yes, i think it works lol.