PDA

View Full Version : FM in SOW?

noxnoctum
04-02-2010, 09:40 PM
Just curious what has Oleg said about possibly updating the FM in SOW? I'm not a pilot (flown a cessna a few times but I'm hardly "experienced), but I've heard from some that are that ROF's FM is a good bit better than IL-2. I can't comment myself like I said (and I couldn't care less about WW1 aerial combat TBH, not interesting to me), but, well... I always hope for the most realistic experience.

Soviet Ace
04-02-2010, 10:17 PM
Well I've only played about a whole days worth of ROF, mainly because I was at a friends house who owned it, and got to play around with it. And I can tell you, that ROF is a very detail oriented game. Without a doubt in my mind, it's got to be the best WW1 flight sim I've played. Just getting the engine to start the first time is a challenge if you don't time and compensate at the right moment. But it depends. I really enjoyed ROF, and hope to get it for my PC soon, mainly because the detail to the planes all around (engines, cockpit, dash, EVERYTHING) was just one wild piece. Wings are terribly easy to tear off when going into a steep dive, and pulling out. And when a strut is broken or damaged (even just a little) you have to nurse that plane because it's become so fragile, the wing might tear off.

There's so much I could say about ROF, I'd probably take a whole page just saying. And love WW1 Air Combat just as much as WW2 Air Combat, so it's definitely a game for the best detail to WW1 Dogfighting, or anyone into Air Combat of the First Great War (or flight sims in general.)

BRIGGBOY
04-02-2010, 11:08 PM
i thought this was the BOP forum

Soviet Ace
04-04-2010, 03:48 AM
i thought this was the BOP forum

That's what the sign says, but now most of the time, they're just about aerial warfare that span all different decades. There's some that talk about Vietnam, Korea, and others. Usually they involve WW2 things, but nowadays it doesn't seem to matter all that much. So I'd call it more of a Aerial Warfare forum with BoP on the front sign. :P