PDA

View Full Version : Having fun with orcs?

Metathron
04-01-2010, 06:42 PM
I started a new impossible warrior game, and am considering trying something a little different, recruiting orcs as my main force.

I don't intend to get a full orc line-up - I'll be recruiting paladins due to the need to resurrect, perhaps inquisitors/demonologists as well.

As for the orcs, I'm thinking ogres, shamans and veteran orcs are decent choices, and I've already recruited Moldok as my sidekick so that should help a bit. Perhaps even one of the two goblin varieties if I can get one of those +1 damage items or something.

Anyhow, what's your experience with orcs? Ever found them useful, aside from the shamans? Had fun playing with them, got any tips or tactics to share?

In hindsight, choosing to play on impossible might not have been the best decision, but ah well let's see how it turns out. The reason I chose impossible was because I had Moro + black knights in mind, which still remains a possibility for later.

ckdamascus
04-12-2010, 12:43 PM
Supposedly shaman are the only unit that can heal black dragons. You can go with the "Warcraft II" build that way. Haha.

Actually, goblins are unique in that their damage ratings go up and up as they attack due to zeroing in. They were my auxiller archer in my "pseudo-archer" army and the only unit I've really had experience with.

The ogres look good though. Stoneskin and slam away? :)

Anyway, just be careful about moro dark since you might want to free him early on, in which case, spare most of scarlet wind since it is mostly undead. You almost have to sneak to the higher islands since the loss of xp and medals by avoiding scarlet wind is painful.

Freeing him early to get splinter, then getting moldok will be more flexible. It is possible if you get moro later on, you might not be able to clear nameless as easily?

I hate how the companion thing works. e.g. can't reget an old companion. That is why I tried to develop a strategy that does NOT require black knights + splinter to win to avoid the whole "getting moro early to get splinter because you don't want him, you just want his big black splinter."

BB Shockwave
04-15-2010, 12:04 PM
Well the splinter is only usefull if you want to use black knights, and I wouldn't use them with anything else then an undead army. The always retalite ability is also avaliable to the Royal Griffins (who are just as though and have more usefull abilities for a human/elf army) and two types of demons (both are living powerhouses anyhow).

I used Moro as my armor-bearer only because I went with a Lizard army and he offered the best bonuses for a warrior. There should be an armor-bearer for lizards too, IMHO...