PDA

View Full Version : Psp version less than half price

dkwookie
04-01-2010, 06:10 PM
just checked ps store and BoP on PSP is down to £13.99. That's less than half price it was. Worth a pop at that price for some mobile action.
Not sure how it stacks up to the ps3 and 360 version.
Some other good games cheap there too. I bought a psp go last year and not played it for a bit so may stack it with some cheap games.
I can play that stealthily while the mrs watches House

draux
04-04-2010, 02:33 PM
It's still full price ($29.99) on the US PS Store :(. I'd totally pick it up for half price. Maybe it'll drop here soon.

dkwookie
04-13-2010, 11:48 AM
I got IL2 on the PSP, and to save other forum members £13.99 here are the highlights on why not to get it:

Only exterior view. I only use exterior in PS3 version but on PSP the target cam has the worst flaw in any flying game I have played. You hold X button to lock camera on current target. This is fine if the enemy is in front of you but if its behind the camera pivots round the tale of your plane and you cant actually see your plane on screen. Many nose dives into the ground later I decided to not use the target cam. Without it you follow a huge onscreen red arrow to find target.

No rudder control. Ok I could live with this I guess but the analogue stick actually appears to be digital control. Smoothly move stick left or right and the aircraft flips left or right with no real gradual roll. So you spend the whole game doing snap turns in your ww2 aircraft.

No option to change controls other than invert the elevator controls

Southern England in summer 1940 appears to have been enveloped in some serious fog. Draw distance is not too bad but it looks naff compared to the bigger console versions.

On hurricane armed with rockets and mgs the left trigger fires mgs, the right trigger fires mgs. To fire rockets you press up or down on dpad to select them then press left or right trigger to fire. I know it would have been logical to put rockets or bombs on left trigger and mgs on right but this game appears to have been knocked up in a couple of afternoons.

Finally, hold both shoulder buttons for Autopilot. Yeah Autopilot! Engaging autopilot levels the plane off...very slowly. Pointless in the extreme.

I love BoP on PS3 but was seriously disappointed here

draux
04-13-2010, 02:14 PM
I havent heard anything good about the PSP and DS versions. If the price drops here in the states I might pick it up just to have it. Figure if im not expecting much I wont be too disappointed.

dkwookie
04-13-2010, 03:06 PM
I havent heard anything good about the PSP and DS versions. If the price drops here in the states I might pick it up just to have it. Figure if im not expecting much I wont be too disappointed.

Draux I would recommend seeing if you can get hold of Aces Of War instead. For a PSP game its quite a deep flying game. Everything about it is better. Its an old game but it it still looks better than IL2 on PSP. Heres a video (check out the "are you ready to sally forth"):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UpnztVnvy8s

kozzm0
04-15-2010, 08:08 PM
Until Sony puts real dual thumbsticks on the psp, it's for 2d platformers and third-person action games.

I wouldn't buy the psp version if it was marked down 90 percent. That's if I even owned a psp...