PDA

View Full Version : OK, OK, I owe you an Appology guys

IWILLDES-l-ROYU
03-31-2010, 12:30 PM
I understand why you guys are so heated by what i said yesterday,,

Last night after wookie beat me i played a game of realism with joey, skelator, and mr q and a few of their friends,,,They were very cool people, and tried to help me learn realistic.

Im not really into the Realistic mode, but i see what you guys are saying now that many people dont quit those matches...You have to understand, I took my beating as a noob, and as soon as i started doing well in arcade people avoided me aside from a few pilots that could hold their own, it became very frustrating and tiresome, especially for someone who wants to climb the leaderboards...and i dont really think they are scewed but thats a different argument

I thought by calling people out some of those same people would think twice about wasting my time and others, but those people arent here i guess.
Take it for what it is...

Wookie is still on my friends list,,,and even though he is way better than i am, id like to play against people like this more because it makes the game more interesting for me.

Appology Accepted?

dkwookie
03-31-2010, 12:55 PM
Appologie accepted by me mate.
Take it easy, if you fancy an arcade battle and I am online ping me an invite

Gilly
03-31-2010, 01:18 PM
I'm cool with that. The fact that you have the balls to apologise is respectable in itself but if McQ, Joed and skelatore can play with you then your not all bad!!! Glad you enjoyed as there is really one great community here who love the game for what it is despite it's shortcomings. Your welcome to play with me anytime.... I'm normally around with the guys above anyway!!!

Lexandro
03-31-2010, 01:34 PM
Well done buddy, your seeing its not so bad to be beaten now is it. Kudos for the apology, it takes a big man to do so.

winny
03-31-2010, 01:37 PM
sniff.. I'm filling up

Excitement over then :(

dkwookie
03-31-2010, 01:44 PM
sniff.. I'm filling up

Excitement over then :(

Yeah downer. It was cool to get a new ace in the arcade skies but it seems he is moving to realistic in the space of a day.

That does it I am heading to shops after work to get 360 version and set up an interconsole match with Lexandro

Lexandro I will drop you a note from my sons account when I get online as he has the xbox live gold user

winny
03-31-2010, 01:47 PM
Yeah downer. It was cool to get a new ace in the arcade skies but it seems he is moving to realistic in the space of a day.

That does it I am heading to shops after work to get 360 version and set up an interconsole match with Lexandro

Lexandro I will drop you a note from my sons account when I get online as he has the xbox live gold user

Well you've slaughtered everyone on PS3, it's only fair that the xboxers should suffer.

f1rebrand
03-31-2010, 01:51 PM
Well you've slaughtered everyone on PS3, it's only fair that the xboxers should suffer.

LOL! True.

McQ59
03-31-2010, 02:50 PM
No worries IWILLDES... You came out on top of something last night.

We all loath quiters. Thats a fact. Another fact is that the most of us has been battered, beaten, shot up, humiliated and found ourselves spinning fast to a crash at the deck. And we respawned to crawl back in, just to get the treatment once again. On & on... Until we lived to be the ones that people quit on 'couse they were losing. It's the way the online gameworld is I guess...

You're wellcome to fly on my team anytime mate. At least in arcade ,-)

Look forward to meet u in the skies again.

McQ59
03-31-2010, 02:58 PM

Don't jump any conclusions here Wookie.

Shadowcorp
03-31-2010, 03:03 PM
something tells me wookie iwilldestroyu will continue to play arcade, And we all know arcade has the most players of any mode anyways

IWILLDES-l-ROYU
03-31-2010, 03:36 PM
Truth be told i still prefer arcade, but with some practice i can see myself grasping realistic, Its the spin outs that kills me in realistic, I cant recover from them, and i like to yank the planes around alot...it will take some time.

If wookie still likes to play arcade, Id love to get some bigger matches with him,
and others who are good like him...The arcade championship idea i like a lot if more people are down for it, i would certainly like to do it, but without the ego..lol

But give me a little more time to grasp realistic...it a whole new game from arcade...

Lexandro
03-31-2010, 05:07 PM

Just to let you know bud, Im not really on the 360 much atm. Ive got a few PC games Ive been playing (mass effect 2/OPF-Dragon Rising) so we should setup a day and time (GMT) to play a vs match using the forums here. If you let me know when I can setup the 360 for online play. PC has the interwebs on atm and I dont have a router so it involves some faffing around to get the 360 up and running for Live.

dkwookie
03-31-2010, 05:31 PM
Just to let you know bud, Im not really on the 360 much atm. Ive got a few PC games Ive been playing (mass effect 2/OPF-Dragon Rising) so we should setup a day and time (GMT) to play a vs match using the forums here. If you let me know when I can setup the 360 for online play. PC has the interwebs on atm and I dont have a router so it involves some faffing around to get the 360 up and running for Live.

No problem, I will need a bit of aclimatisation to the xbox pads so it will probably be weekend before I get chance to play properly.
I am off work for a week from tomorrow so looking forward to a bit more play

JOED70
03-31-2010, 05:35 PM
IWill-

Thank you for joining MapleFlag for few rounds . I was impressed with the great head on pass you made at me end of last round. I was never offended by anything you posted I think you have very valid points . And I know 70% of it was simply you stiring the pot which is what is needed to bring some life to here.

I think your an all right guy even if you are American :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Stir Stir hehehehe

Nomad_of_war
03-31-2010, 05:54 PM
Truth be told i still prefer arcade, but with some practice i can see myself grasping realistic, Its the spin outs that kills me in realistic, I cant recover from them, and i like to yank the planes around alot...it will take some time.

If wookie still likes to play arcade, Id love to get some bigger matches with him,
and others who are good like him...The arcade championship idea i like a lot if more people are down for it, i would certainly like to do it, but without the ego..lol

But give me a little more time to grasp realistic...it a whole new game from arcade...

Man the big difference from arcade and the other settings are just your own awareness, perserverence, and a few clicks down on your elevator sensitivity.

depending on the plane you fly in realistic and sim you can tone down your elevator sensitivity and you will be able to jerk the analog stick all you want without (much) spinning at all. try that and move on up to realistic. its much more fun than arcade.

bobbysocks
03-31-2010, 06:03 PM
No problem, I will need a bit of aclimatisation to the xbox pads so it will probably be weekend before I get chance to play properly.
I am off work for a week from tomorrow so looking forward to a bit more play

you play using a game pad? my hats really off to you! after not playing any air combat game ( and not very many games period) i got a xbox a year ago and bought blazing angels. i was totally frustrated using the gamepad and stuffed the game on the shelf. saw BoP but wouldnt buy it until i knew a stick existed and then got one.

P-51
03-31-2010, 06:05 PM
Man the big difference from arcade and the other settings are just your own awareness, perserverence, and a few clicks down on your elevator sensitivity.

depending on the plane you fly in realistic and sim you can tone down your elevator sensitivity and you will be able to jerk the analog stick all you want without (much) spinning at all. try that and move on up to realistic. its much more fun than arcade.

Once you have a grasp on that its not a big step to Sim. If you need a guy to show ya the ropes thin I'm happy to dust off my hurricane! :)

Lexandro
03-31-2010, 08:47 PM
you play using a game pad? my hats really off to you! after not playing any air combat game ( and not very many games period) i got a xbox a year ago and bought blazing angels. i was totally frustrated using the gamepad and stuffed the game on the shelf. saw BoP but wouldnt buy it until i knew a stick existed and then got one.

It will be a fair flight/fight against me then because I also use a pad. The flightsticks are not stocked in the stores around here, and I never got around to ordering one online. Its one of the main reasons I stick to arcade, because the deftness of movement required to do a properly executed manouver in realistic or sim is bloody hard for me without a stick.

bobbysocks
03-31-2010, 09:15 PM
it will be a "while" before i play sim. 1 v 1 would be ok (because i KNOW who the enemy is)....but if it was team play my team would hate me...lol. i need more aircraft recognition skills....only played one mission like that and i tended to shoot more of my guys down than EA. i would have to get in tight before pulling the trigger (which is closer to reality). i bought my stick at amazon....came within a few days and was pretty reasonable. buy most my games that way too....working the shift and schedule i do..i dont get to go shopping that much...at least for the fun things.

Ratman91101
04-01-2010, 02:28 AM
I`m feelin ali fuzzy inside too! I`ll c u in the clouds.Just look behind u!But you wont c me in arcade.Get some practice,and I look for you in a match sometime.I`m not hard to find.Ilook forward to more compitition. RAT OUT!!!!!

dkwookie
04-01-2010, 07:21 PM

I bought the 360 version and had quick arcade dogfight. It was strange playing with the xbox pad. There were not a lot of games on there but it was good match.
Are the corners of the screen darkened or is it my tv? It looks like old screen filter or something. I also noticed the hurricane seemed a bit twitchy but that may have been me with the different pad.
I won't post xbox id cos it's my sons and I won't be on 360 very often but will pm you lexandro to arrange a dogfight at some point

P-51
04-01-2010, 07:45 PM
it will be a "while" before i play sim. 1 v 1 would be ok (because i KNOW who the enemy is)....but if it was team play my team would hate me...lol. i need more aircraft recognition skills....only played one mission like that and i tended to shoot more of my guys down than EA. i would have to get in tight before pulling the trigger (which is closer to reality). i bought my stick at amazon....came within a few days and was pretty reasonable. buy most my games that way too....working the shift and schedule i do..i dont get to go shopping that much...at least for the fun things.

On ps3 mate? id be happy to teach you how to reconise the front end of my plane ;)