PDA

View Full Version : Controlling bomber gunner with Thrustmaster HOTAS?

AIR OPS 2010
03-29-2010, 01:54 PM
Hi,

I recently purchased a Thrustmaster HOTAS and love it with Birds Of Prey. However, I can't seem to figure out which buttons to use to aim the guns on bombers when using the flight stick? Any of you have any tips?

Gilly
03-29-2010, 01:57 PM
Hi,

I recently purchased a Thrustmaster HOTAS and love it with Birds Of Prey. However, I can't seem to figure out which buttons to use to aim the guns on bombers when using the flight stick? Any of you have any tips?

Hi Air Ops, the little thumb joystick on top of the stick work mine. It's does seem to be rather sensitive intially but a quick burst of guns seem to sort it though.

BRIGGBOY
03-29-2010, 01:58 PM
it is the one you use to turn your head if you are in cockpit view and it takes allot of getting used to

AIR OPS 2010
03-29-2010, 02:29 PM
Thanks for the tips. I will try the hat switch and see if that works. Which layout are you using? I believe when I am flying, the hat switch if for giving wing man commands.

BRIGGBOY
03-29-2010, 02:38 PM
i am using the custom layout

Gilly
03-29-2010, 03:23 PM
Thanks for the tips. I will try the hat switch and see if that works. Which layout are you using? I believe when I am flying, the hat switch if for giving wing man commands.

I'm using a custom layout, accessed from the controls menu