PDA

View Full Version : Wings of Luftwaffe Expansion (4 player co-op)

edal86
03-29-2010, 03:31 AM
Hi guys,

In case you guys dont know about Wings of Prey, it is the PC version of Birds of Prey (same thing only with all plane cockpits and extra features and options). Well, this PC version will have an expansion "Wings of Luftwaffe" which will feature a 4 player co-op campaign.

My point:
It would be great to know who, from this forum's community, has the PS3 or Xbox version as well as the PC version so that we can get together on this 4 player, 10 mission, German Campaing Expansion.

* Hopefully, in a near future, some "one" company will release something similar on the consoles :)

This expansion is $10.50 (console version owners should get discount!) :)

**** Wings of Luftwaffe Features ****
- Take to the skies as a German pilot;
- Embark on 10 new missions;
- Cooperative mode for up to four players;
- New planes: the Ju 88 A-4 and the P-39N-0;
- 44 new skins for the various planes.

http://yuplay.com/story.php?title=Wings-Prey--Wings-Luftwaffe--pre-order-1

ButcherBird
03-29-2010, 07:45 AM
was wings of prey a big improvement over IL-2 1946 and its expansions?

SEE
03-29-2010, 11:47 AM
Are there many on-line players on WOP or is it a small community of regulars?

Zatoichi_Sanjuro
03-29-2010, 03:05 PM
I really don't understand how you can create such an incredible game engine and then pair it with a completely inferior multiplayer backend. I can only assume WoP is a port from the console version otherwise dedicated servers files would have been in there from the beginning.

Both games would be far more popular if you could see on-line servers and have the ability to drop-in at any time.

P-51
03-29-2010, 05:38 PM
Nice! They should so put that on consoles..

edal86
03-29-2010, 09:13 PM
was wings of prey a big improvement over IL-2 1946 and its expansions?

I think that many would agree when I say that IL-2 1946 and Wings of Prey are two different games. I would not consider Wings of Prey a true simulator, but I can say that it is better to have the PC version then the Console version (Birds of Prey). It has many more options and it is constantly updated (about 10 updates so far).

* If you want a big improvement over the IL-2 1946, which I think is an outstanding simulator with hundreds of players still active, then wait for IL2 "Battle of Britain: Storm of War (it should be coming out this 2010.

edal86
03-29-2010, 09:20 PM
Are there many on-line players on WOP or is it a small community of regulars?

I think the PC version has a relatively larger community than Birds of Prey, but there are still times of the day when you cant find a multiplayer game room. What attracts more and more players to the PC version, as well as maintaining those who already purchased it coming back for more, is the constant updates and add-ons (like this expansion).

Zatoichi_Sanjuro
03-29-2010, 09:30 PM
I think the PC version has a relatively larger community than Birds of Prey, but there are still times of the day when you cant find a multiplayer game room. What attracts more and more players to the PC version, as well as maintaining those who already purchased it coming back for more, is the constant updates and add-ons (like this expansion).

It also looks and sounds far better than BoP. I'm waiting for the retail DVD before I pick it up. I don't want Steam and I'm too wary of websites and credit card details.

Hans-Ulrich Rudel
03-29-2010, 09:48 PM
Oh my god, I would absolutely LOVE a German campaign mode in this game. Sure hope it comes to the PS3 soon.

ButcherBird
03-29-2010, 10:14 PM
I think that many would agree when I say that IL-2 1946 and Wings of Prey are two different games. I would not consider Wings of Prey a true simulator, but I can say that it is better to have the PC version then the Console version (Birds of Prey). It has many more options and it is constantly updated (about 10 updates so far).

* If you want a big improvement over the IL-2 1946, which I think is an outstanding simulator with hundreds of players still active, then wait for IL2 "Battle of Britain: Storm of War (it should be coming out this 2010.

yeah, i've been reading about storms of war. I've never played comp. simulators but i may get into it with that game's release...it looks dam sexy

ButcherBird
03-29-2010, 10:15 PM
Oh my god, I would absolutely LOVE a German campaign mode in this game. Sure hope it comes to the PS3 soon.

dont hold your breath

Soviet Ace
03-30-2010, 04:30 AM

I wouldn't expect anymore kinda updates/DLCs/ or anything like that for PS3 or 360.

Like ButcherBird said: Don't hold your breath.

Lexandro
03-30-2010, 11:31 AM

Thats never going to happen. WoP has always been slated for a PC only release, as has any add-ons or expansions for it. So if you want to play WoP or the German campaign you will need to buy it for the PC.

DocGonzo101
04-11-2010, 02:31 AM
Hey Edal, whats your name WoP? Just wondering if your one of the guys kickin my butt over there!

I didn't get the expansion yet, not sure if i wanna be a German... not that there's anything wrong with being a German! just not sure about being a nazi...

Soviet Ace
04-11-2010, 04:10 AM
Hey Edal, whats your name WoP? Just wondering if your one of the guys kickin my butt over there!

I didn't get the expansion yet, not sure if i wanna be a German... not that there's anything wrong with being a German! just not sure about being a nazi...

I'm quite sure that Erich Hartmann's "Nazism" was only skin deep, and others German pilots as well; not all, but some. But it's probably best to be a fellow Communist, and fight for the Motherland against it's Fascist invaders that DARE claim her as their own. ;)

DocGonzo101
04-11-2010, 04:38 AM
Haha good point Soviet Ace, you just swayed me more in the direction of getting the addon, or to wait until I can be a Communist in the game! Now I really dont know what to do...

edal86
04-11-2010, 06:24 AM

it is edal86 same as here

bobbysocks
04-11-2010, 06:30 AM
from all i have seen and read its going to be PC only ( and I have a fricken MAC!). if a console version comes out it will have to be watered down...sad to say...BUT i still would get it. i have the xbox..... and am looking at getting some sort of PC...just so i can play the newer games.

dang you guys in europe are fast to jump on stuff....haha

those boys in the planes ( and on the ground)...might not have been nazis....they were doing what they had to do for the country...despite who was in charge at the time. God bless them all....both sides

Lexandro
04-11-2010, 06:37 AM
from all i have seen and read its going to be PC only ( and I have a fricken MAC!).

Try bootcamp. Bootcamp alows you to run windows on a mac, so that you can run apps that require a windows OS.

bobbysocks
04-11-2010, 06:40 AM
Try bootcamp. Bootcamp alows you to run windows on a mac, so that you can run apps that require a windows OS.

never heard of this, Lex. i will search that and IF that works...I will be one happy boy....THANKS a million ( but i am sure my wife wouldnt share the same sentiment...lol)

kozzm0
04-12-2010, 04:48 AM
hey long time no see edal

It takes a decent pc to run the good stuff. The vs multiplayer for WOP sounded like the same exact thing just more players, which would be even less like real combat. 4-player co-op is a far different thing, it actually is a realistic situation - I guess it's like the tactical # of attempts thing, except each player is in the flight. Maybe when I find a new brain for my pc then WOP will work.

But Storm of War being released in 2010 would make me reconsider. It doesn't matter much if a publisher releases plenty of patches and add-ons if they're just gonna release a whole new title in less than a year. I hate the way they make their stuff obsolete on purpose just to make more money.

Motor Storm on ps3 was like that. They could have kept adding courses and vehicles, instead they remade the whole thing and then remade it again, and made it for psp too.

David603
04-12-2010, 07:59 AM
hey long time no see edal

It takes a decent pc to run the good stuff. The vs multiplayer for WOP sounded like the same exact thing just more players, which would be even less like real combat. 4-player co-op is a far different thing, it actually is a realistic situation - I guess it's like the tactical # of attempts thing, except each player is in the flight. Maybe when I find a new brain for my pc then WOP will work.

But Storm of War being released in 2010 would make me reconsider. It doesn't matter much if a publisher releases plenty of patches and add-ons if they're just gonna release a whole new title in less than a year. I hate the way they make their stuff obsolete on purpose just to make more money.

Motor Storm on ps3 was like that. They could have kept adding courses and vehicles, instead they remade the whole thing and then remade it again, and made it for psp too.
Storm of War is being developed by Oleg Maddox, the creator of the PC Il2 series.

BoP and WoP were both developed by Gaijin and have no connection to SoW.

kozzm0
04-13-2010, 09:42 AM
Storm of War is being developed by Oleg Maddox, the creator of the PC Il2 series.

BoP and WoP were both developed by Gaijin and have no connection to SoW.

Well, the effect is the same, new titles kill older games. Unless they're crap. If SOW is much better than WOP, I would just want to wait until SOW instead of buying WOP too.

But I can't do either until I give my pc a new brain.

Luftwaffe_Rommel
04-13-2010, 12:04 PM

I agree my friend. A German Mode campaing will go absolutely great. Plust I would like to see some new bombers in action: Ju 88 Ju360 Just like in an old, fearly old version of WW II aircraft video games for computers: I saying "Secret Weapons Over Normandy" a great game but berry realistic compare to IL 2. Though it jad more planes: Ju88, Zeke, F4F wildcat, Torpedo bombers Kate, Dountless, Japanese Val, some rare German planes, an array of weapons: bombs [smart], rockets [ U can guide them], Wasserfalls, V1s, V2. Plus U won upgrades through the campaing and decided which plane u wanted to upgrade: Engine, airframe, fire power, ammo. Though You can only played in campaing mode as James C Chase from the Battlehawks against Kriger's pilots from Nemesis Squadron.

dkwookie
04-29-2010, 10:54 AM
I took the plunge and bought Wings Of Prey from steam yesterday. Was expecting great things from some of the comments.
I grabbed a wireless third party ps3 pad and that's where the problems started. The control options are so confusing it took me over an hour trial and error before I got a ps3 style setup. Entered a multiplayer match and got disconnect midway then when I went into another match my target lock button had reset. Also it was a bit disapointing that all the arcade matches were stacked with i-153s! So much for pc players being more serious!!

When it was working ok it was pretty good gaming. Lots of disconnects and menu systems for selecting aircraft in lobby is terrible.
Some new graphical touches added to maps. I spotted and army camp near dover and Dover harbour has a load of submerged sunken freighters.
Some odd choices though. In team battle gunfire appears to be team coloured. Bit off putting seeing blue tracers!
In short it's good but I prefer ps3. Aside from the actual game it's the players on ps3 that make the game.

Gilly
04-29-2010, 12:34 PM
I took the plunge and bought Wings Of Prey from steam yesterday. Was expecting great things from some of the comments.
I grabbed a wireless third party ps3 pad and that's where the problems started. The control options are so confusing it took me over an hour trial and error before I got a ps3 style setup. Entered a multiplayer match and got disconnect midway then when I went into another match my target lock button had reset. Also it was a bit disapointing that all the arcade matches were stacked with i-153s! So much for pc players being more serious!!

When it was working ok it was pretty good gaming. Lots of disconnects and menu systems for selecting aircraft in lobby is terrible.
Some new graphical touches added to maps. I spotted and army camp near dover and Dover harbour has a load of submerged sunken freighters.
Some odd choices though. In team battle gunfire appears to be team coloured. Bit off putting seeing blue tracers!
In short it's good but I prefer ps3. Aside from the actual game it's the players
on ps3 that make the game.

cheers for that mate, I've just come back from lunch and was seriously considering buying it whilst in the metro centre but think I'll keep my pennies based on your feedback.... Looks like I'll get Red Dead Redemption instead now.

BRIGGBOY
04-29-2010, 01:16 PM
yeah i got it a few weeks ago and pretty much agree with all of what dk said for sure the graphics are cleaner and some of the maps are stunning in places it is definatly more of a simulation than bop and takes quite along time to get use as their are more things you have to control while flying ie supercharger settings, fuel mixture and multiple trim settings which can seem quite anal at first but just takes time to get used to. the things i like about it are you have more options when setting up a room like only having cockpit view for example and another thing i like is what ever map you choose people can only fly planesthat are associated with that map. the things dont like are: gameplay seems a bit to slow compared to real life and configuring the controlls is a bitch. but all in all it is a good game that is worth buying and taking time with

edal86
04-29-2010, 09:47 PM
Did you install all the patches? Maybe that is the reason for disconnects. About the pad, I never had problems with it.