PDA

View Full Version : Saitek Cyborg FLY 9 flightstick for Xbox360

Steiner
03-28-2010, 06:15 PM
F.L.Y. 9 Wireless Flight Stick

Rule the skies with the all-new F.L.Y. 9 Wireless Flight Stick. Appearing for the first time for Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3, the F.L.Y. 9 follows in the footsteps of the Cyborg line of PC flight sticks and offers gamers a stunningly realistic control method for flight sim or flight combat software.

* Customize your flight experience and tweak until you get the perfect fit. The F.L.Y. 9 ships with an integrated adjustment tool allowing you to alter the following:

- Handle Length

- Handle Rake Angle

- Head Angle

When your stick fits your hand perfectly, the adjustment tool locks in the base for future use!
* Throttle and twist rudder controls for complete maneuverability.
* Unique base design with integrated lap mount features removable feet, allowing you to fly from the comfort of your desk or in front of the TV.
* Wireless connection syncs quickly and easily with your console, providing a rock solid connection during flight. Play from the comfort of your sofa without worrying about being disconnected during a critical combat maneuver.

F.L.Y 9 features

* Superior control for your flight games - Nothing beats a stick when engaging in aerial combat! Grab the F.L.Y. and harness the accuracy that your gamepad-using competitors can only dream of!

Fully compatible with the latest Xbox 360 flight games:

IL-2 Sturmovik™: Birds of Prey
Heroes Over Europe™
Tom Clancy®: H.A.W.X.
Ace Combat™ 6
Blazing Angels™ 1&2
Future flight sim or flight action games

System Requirements: Connectivity: Xbox 360

http://www.cyborggaming.com/imgs/fly9main.png

http://www.cyborggaming.com/prod/v9stick.htm

SEE
03-28-2010, 10:42 PM
I wonder how much those will cost and how well built? My Aviator has fell to pieces after 6 months use ........I will certainly get one if they are constructed well. Nice ergonomic layout and wireless too.......will check on availability and price......then get!

EDIT. Avaiable from around £55-00 so will order one......

bobbysocks
03-28-2010, 11:43 PM
I wonder how much those will cost and how well built? My Aviator has fell to pieces after 6 months use ........I will certainly get one if they are constructed well. Nice ergonomic layout and wireless too.......will check on availability and price......then get!

EDIT. Avaiable from around £55-00 so will order one......

report how well you like it. my AV8R couldnt take my abuse...but with a little JB weld and mechanical moding i got it back together...we'll see how it flys and holds up.... but this one does look good.

SEE
03-29-2010, 12:25 AM
I sent an email to Saitek asking for a clear description regarding it's durabilty and construction and wether it was suitable for the serious Flight Simmer (the Cyborg FLY is guaranteed for two years and I will hold Saitek to that so I won't be modding this one thats for sure!) I pointed out the problems that people have experienced with the AV8R-02. Any way, the Cyborg FLY is due to arrive on Tuesday so will give it a thorough review (difficult to get as most places have none in stock so had to pay £71-00 from Amazon). I will keep the AV8R as a back up (when I have replaced the elevator pot which went open circuit last night).

in six months from new had to replace.....

3 micro switches
Trigger micro lever switch
Trigger mounting pin (snapped)

add the following....

Elavator problem
Socket for headset falling apart
The area under the spring is now fracturing and sections of plastic have fell off!

Other than that its been fine.......:grin:

hurricane
03-30-2010, 12:26 AM
i broke my second av8r sunday.the connection from the stick post to the handle is very weak for rudder control.

hurricane
03-30-2010, 12:31 AM
i hope i'm wrong evangelus but that post coming from the base looks similar to the av8r

bobbysocks
03-30-2010, 01:05 AM
hurricane...i can tell you how to fix that! that is where mine broke. its an easy fix and will be stronger than new if you have some savvy and a few tools.

hurricane
03-30-2010, 08:58 PM
i would like to hear your idea although i am going to shorten the post and glue it to the rudder pot in a few minutes . i hope it works.

alberto1960
12-31-2010, 08:29 PM
Hi guys
Some of you already has the new Cyborg FLY 9 for xbox?
I wander if it is possible manage the wiew control... I am accustomed to PC Sturmovik and on xbox I lack the possibility to look around me and fly... I mean if the poin of wiew is fixed as you want or is as with the microsoft controller where you must push on the hat switch ... and it is quite unconfortable so that I put Bird of pray in a corner.... very frustating...
Thanks for replay

SEE
12-31-2010, 08:55 PM
All Xbox joysticks have look-around 'Point of View' that you operate with your thumb. You can look anywhere while flying and when you release your thumb the view returns to centre. The POV is mounted on the top of all XBox flightsticks for easy access.

themeistor1
01-03-2011, 11:20 AM
All Xbox joysticks have look-around 'Point of View' that you operate with your thumb. You can look anywhere while flying and when you release your thumb the view returns to centre. The POV is mounted on the top of all XBox flightsticks for easy access.

is this stick compatible with ps3