PDA

View Full Version : I miss you guys... But really. Really? Get to work!!!

PedroTheGoat
03-19-2010, 06:32 PM
Hello my fine friends,

I was just dropping and checking the forums to see if maybe there was any progress as far as the X Box patch... Of course there isn't, But that's okay.

What I am concerned with is...

[B]WHY THE HELL AM I STILL AT THE TOP OF THE LEADERBOARD ON XBOX 360 SIM MODE!?

I boycotted this game about SIX months ago due to a lack of the patch. Yet NO ONE has even moved up an inch on the leaderboards, I should have been passed up an age and a half ago.

Geez guys, it's time to stop playing realistic and step up to the real man's game. If someone actually comes close to taking the #1 spot on sim dogfight then I may actually jump out of retirement and give you a run for your money.

But, I recently built a PC gaming rig so I could play REAL flight sims. (Yay for me) If anyone out there has DCS: Black Shark, hit me up and I would love to be your wingman!

PedroTheGoat
03-19-2010, 06:35 PM
Ergh, I hope I didn't sound too pompus and condescending in my post... That was not my intention.

It was just really dissapointing to throw the game in my machine and see that those leaderboards hadn't moved an inch.

Robotic Pope
03-19-2010, 08:03 PM
Ergh, I hope I didn't sound too pompus and condescending in my post... That was not my intention.

It was just really dissapointing to throw the game in my machine and see that those leaderboards hadn't moved an inch.

Not at all, its really nice to hear from you again. You WERE better than everyone else anyway lol, you were the first Ace in BoP and the best there has been imho. I remember those first days with the original sim players, we had some great games (although I never got any kills lol), Yourself, Sleeptrgt, ChankyChank, King Jareth and myself among others.

In answer to your question, BoP is a different game now there is so few people playing it. Gone are the days when you could search for a ranked game or host a ranked game and expect people to appear. Those of us that are left 99% of the time use the player match because of its ability to invite people and so all these games don't go onto the leaderboards. The group I now play with mostly plays only sim and if you see me online your welcome to join us :)

We did go through a period a couple of months back were we flew in ranked, thats how brickster, EvangelusE and myself got onto the top page. I guess we just figured it wasn't worth the hassle of having to get everyone in a party just to tell them what to search for.

BRIGGBOY
03-19-2010, 10:45 PM
on xbox maybe

PedroTheGoat
03-20-2010, 02:30 AM
Pope >>>>

Thanks man! I miss you guys too! Unfortunately, the thought of jumping back on BoP after having bought a gaming PC specifically to fly the non-watered down version of these wonderful sims just doesn't seem logical. Some time when I hook up the ol' XBox again I will see if I can meet up with you guys. Do me a favor though and make sure that I'm still on your friends list, if not then add me: PedroTheGoat

It's good to see you again Pope, we did have some excellent dog fights, that's for sure. It's a shame to see that this game has all but died due to the lack of a patch and poor sales.

PedroTheGoat
03-20-2010, 02:31 AM
on xbox maybe

I can't vouch for you fine PS3 players. :D I imagine I may could give you a run for your money though.

Robotic Pope
03-20-2010, 03:04 AM
Pope >>>>

Thanks man! I miss you guys too! Unfortunately, the thought of jumping back on BoP after having bought a gaming PC specifically to fly the non-watered down version of these wonderful sims just doesn't seem logical. Some time when I hook up the ol' XBox again I will see if I can meet up with you guys. Do me a favor though and make sure that I'm still on your friends list, if not then add me: PedroTheGoat

It's good to see you again Pope, we did have some excellent dog fights, that's for sure. It's a shame to see that this game has all but died due to the lack of a patch and poor sales.

I don't blame you Pedro, I would switch to PC flight sims too if I didn't have such good friends playing BoP (that and needing a new pc). Just had a look at DCS Black Shark on youtube. :eek:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Q_XNf4elAI

Good god, now thats what I call SIM lol
Looks damn hard but alot of fun to once you know how right? Are you looking forward to Storm of War too? I hope to have saved enough cash for a new pc by the time its released lol

ButcherBird
03-20-2010, 06:42 AM
I don't blame you Pedro, I would switch to PC flight sims too if I didn't have such good friends playing BoP (that and needing a new pc). Just had a look at DCS Black Shark on youtube. :eek:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Q_XNf4elAI

Good god, now thats what I call SIM lol
Looks damn hard but alot of fun to once you know how right? Are you looking forward to Storm of War too? I hope to have saved enough cash for a new pc by the time its released lol

dam that chopper game looks complicated but very cool. How are you supposed to know what to do to start a heli. up?

Desode
03-20-2010, 08:22 AM
Hello my fine friends,

I was just dropping and checking the forums to see if maybe there was any progress as far as the X Box patch... Of course there isn't, But that's okay.

What I am concerned with is...

[B]WHY THE HELL AM I STILL AT THE TOP OF THE LEADERBOARD ON XBOX 360 SIM MODE!?

I boycotted this game about SIX months ago due to a lack of the patch. Yet NO ONE has even moved up an inch on the leaderboards, I should have been passed up an age and a half ago.

Geez guys, it's time to stop playing realistic and step up to the real man's game. If someone actually comes close to taking the #1 spot on sim dogfight then I may actually jump out of retirement and give you a run for your money.

But, I recently built a PC gaming rig so I could play REAL flight sims. (Yay for me) If anyone out there has DCS: Black Shark, hit me up and I would love to be your wingman!

Hey Pedro, whats your flavor ? , I did the same thing and I have just about all of them.

Black Shark, Rise of Flight, Il2 1946, Battle of Britain II, Wings of Prey, and
Over Flanders Field.
I haven't played much Black Shark yet, Rise of flight has been eating my time up. WWI at it freaking best ! Do you have ROF also ? I have been wanting to fly some COOP online.
If you want to hit up some pc sims let me know.
Did you go so far as to get the Greatness which is Track IR 5 ?

DESODE

SEE
03-20-2010, 11:51 AM
I don't blame you Pedro, I would switch to PC flight sims too if I didn't have such good friends playing BoP

.........same here Pope, I have been tempted to get a PC but while I still have the opportunity to play SIM regularly with the BOP friends I have made on Xbox will stay with it. If ever the day comes when getting a regular SIM game comes to an end I will get WOP. Never been in a game with you Pedro so maybe you should come on one evening and make a 'guest appearance' (just one session and you set the time). Yeah, we gave up on the SIM leaderboard rankings as the number of players dwindled. But, if we had set every match on Ranked, you would have dissappeared some time ago purely on the games played........which is pointless! Most of the SIM regulars are pretty damned good these days so you may be interested to see how good compared to the early days.

GT EvangelusE

PedroTheGoat
03-20-2010, 04:18 PM
Pope >>>>> Oh yeah, DCS Blackshark is a kick in the ass. I read the 534 page pdf. flight manual before I even attempted to start that beast up. It is a VERY complicated game, especially for takeoff. Once you get in the air it's be a bit better though, but still tough. I love the technical aspects of sims, so DCS Black Shark is right up my alley. Plus, I always loved Heli sims.

ButcherBird >>>> Lots and lots of practice my man. Memorizing the takeoff procedures is no small task, but once you have it down, it's no big deal. There are training missions, and if you just don't feel like screwing around with it, there's a quick start shortcut.

Desode >>>> Excellent to see you again man! As of right now I JUST got my brand new spanking gaming rig. (I'm going to spout off the specs now because I am proud of it) AMD Phenom II quad core running at 3.4 a piece (Oc'ed to 4.0), ATI Radeon 8530 with 1 gb of DDR5, 8 gigs of DDR3 running at 1600mhz, and a LOT of sexiness on my 42" LCD.

So I'm just trying to master a bit of the singleplayer campaigns before I jump on and embarass myself on Co Op. I'm getting close though. DCS is all I own at the moment, this is all fairly new to me.

Oh, and you KNOW I have Track IR. Only 4 though, I didn't see a huge difference between 4 and 5 so I went with the cheaper.

SEE >>>> Cool man! I understand why you play player match, and am SUPER happy to know that there still is a bit of an active community out there. I'll have to jump on sometime and see how you guys are flying. (Feel free to add my GT: PedroTheGoat)

PedroTheGoat
03-20-2010, 04:24 PM
Pope >>>> Oh, and I forgot, if you guys buy WOP then I sure as hell will to get some real sim co op missions on with you guys, because that would just simply be awesome.

The_Goalie_94
03-20-2010, 04:34 PM
i think most people on xbox play realistic and more for fun not rank. That all my friends do ussually.

ButcherBird
03-20-2010, 06:52 PM
i've enjoyed flying around on BOP sim alot. I'm considering getting a new PC so i can play some WWII flight sims, but i think the heli sims look too dang complicated.

Anyway, PedrotheGoat, i'm impressed with your ability to even start up that chopper. take it easy

Soviet Ace
03-21-2010, 01:57 AM
That's because they didn't rack up the kills using a Yak-1M (Yak-3), (which I hope you're using on your Gaming PC! ;))

Irishmandkg
03-23-2010, 02:09 AM
I might get DCS at some point..have to see if it works on my computer first.

Robotic Pope
03-23-2010, 08:24 PM
That's because they didn't rack up the kills using a Yak-1M (Yak-3), (which I hope you're using on your Gaming PC! ;))

lol One thing that has remained since the begining of this forum when Pedro was a regular poster, Soviet Ace's ability to get the Yak-3 into any and every thread :grin:

PedroTheGoat
03-24-2010, 02:08 PM
lol One thing that has remained since the begining of this forum when Pedro was a regular poster, Soviet Ace's ability to get the Yak-3 into any and every thread :grin:

LOL

So very true. Gotta love Soviet Ace. The Yak-3 is the plane that I was flying when I finally put the game away.