PDA

View Full Version : quests path??

carlec
03-12-2010, 03:21 AM
Well, I discovered the hard way that the Sorcerer's Tower, where he's being held captive, is WAY TOO HARD for my little level 4 guy.

Is there any suggested path to take for the quests? Or, maybe a better question is, "is there any way to know how to avoid quests that are currently beyond your ability?"

Obviously, battle to battle, the game helps you determine if someone is too tough for you, but on some quests, its hard to tell if you should be wasting your time on that or not.

Vomaxx
03-13-2010, 03:42 AM
Do you have the Scouting skill well-developed? That is essential. For battle against castles, I think you have to make a good guess based on how fiendish the defender seems to be. Oh, don't try upgrading ("suppressing") any items without being ready for an awful fight, either. (Some items are not so bad, others are impossible for low-level characters).

carlec
03-15-2010, 01:51 AM
Thanks Vomaxx--I think you and I are the only ones here and playing. I just got the game, though I know it came out in 2008. Anyway, thanks for your help and ideas.

I have definitly been doing the scouting. :) The hard part, as I tried to say in the original post, is that the game gives you quests for which you aren't ready. I'm used to other games where the quests come as you level. I don't mind the non-linear aspect of this, I just wish there was a hint! Maybe some small scrawl in off-white writing saying "hint, if you aren't level 8, don't try this yet." LOL

I'm starting to think that the higher the experience reward is something of a hint.

Thrasher
03-15-2010, 10:18 PM
Just quicksave regularly, and reload if you get wiped out or it looks bad once battle commences. Classic example: staff of the archmage - gremlin towers with 4000 health! Instant F8 moment. ;)

carlec
03-16-2010, 11:59 PM
LOL :-P I definitely learned that the hard way. I've already had a few reload moments since I started doing that.

I still wish there was some warning; have the NPC say something like "well, you could try that quest, but you really should be a more experienced warrior" or something. :)

Thrasher
03-17-2010, 12:58 AM
I don't mind it so much. It just adds to the exploration aspect. It does feel like a little bit of cheating to reload, but I think it's expected. :)

mousiehamster
08-09-2010, 04:01 PM
Honestly the quest isn't worth doing anyway. I got absolute garbage on offer after I freed the guy. Basically your reward is a handful of coins and some exp. I was actually expecting an unlimited supply of arch-mages or something.Totally not worth the blood, sweat and tears.