PDA

View Full Version : Spitfire Mk XVI

truncana
03-09-2010, 06:20 AM
Hi all. Finally I bought this fantastic game. I would like to obtain the Spitfire Mk XVI. Is the only way to do this to kill 100 enemies in an online mode? Or is there another way? If so can anyone of you help me online the get this plane? I am in Italy. Are there any italian pilot among you all?
Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Just to know: is there the possibility to unlock the Spitfire mk xvi during the single player campaign??? reading the faqs on this forum it seems to be possible... Anyone knows?

markyboyacebassist
03-09-2010, 07:40 AM
Hi all. Finally I bought this fantastic game. I would like to obtain the Spitfire Mk XVI. Is the only way to do this to kill 100 enemies in an online mode? Or is there another way? If so can anyone of you help me online the get this plane? I am in Italy. Are there any italian pilot among you all?
Thanks in advance.
There is no fast track to obtain the MK XVI as far as I know, but in my opinion the MK IX is the Spitfire to turn & burn with! :-P:-P

truncana
03-09-2010, 10:01 AM
So any italians xbox360 users on this forum?
Please answer my request!!!

truncana
03-09-2010, 02:28 PM
upppp

The Few
03-09-2010, 06:21 PM
Actually you only need 20 online kills in spit series to unlock the mk xvi

truncana
03-09-2010, 06:34 PM

so if i finish the single player campaign or the single missions group i do not get the spitfire mk xvi?

TRC Subaru
03-09-2010, 07:37 PM

It takes 100 kills per the sticky listed above:

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=13167

...and I'm half Italian (and live in California) been to Italy twice, beautiful country - fast cars - great wine...:)

stealth finger
03-09-2010, 07:48 PM

If you're on ps3 after the patch, on xbox it's still 100

truncana
03-10-2010, 04:17 AM
I can't find anyone to play with online. It is the desert out there... None would like to play with me to let me get the mk xvi? Or is there any trick I can do?

truncana
03-10-2010, 04:26 AM
Alternatively how I can find xbox players via xbox live? Is there a function to search other Il2 players?

truncana
03-10-2010, 06:04 AM
Any way wy it says that the Il2 server is down, try again later? Is it shut down definitely? I think that via server I would find easely players to play with...

McQ59
03-10-2010, 09:38 AM
Then I guess the easiest way to get the Spit mk XVI is to buy a PS3...

We have plenty of fun online, and u are most welcome to play a fantastic game!

truncana
03-10-2010, 12:05 PM
Then I guess the easiest way to get the Spit mk XVI is to buy a PS3...

We have plenty of fun online, and u are most welcome to play a fantastic game!

That's an unrealistic option for me...

McQ59
03-10-2010, 12:34 PM
Sorry about that mate.

Robotic Pope
03-10-2010, 08:00 PM
That's an unrealistic option for me...

lol its totally uneeded too. There are usually a few games going on every evening (GMT) And we have a number of people in our group who arn't english speakers, You just need the right friends on your list and you will get invited because we are always looking for more players. One of the guys that regularly flys with us is Italian too. We fly mostly on sim, though we don't mind realistic now and then. Send me a Friend request. Also you can send Serpao a friend request too, message him saying you are looking for a fellow Italian to play Il-2 with.

truncana
03-11-2010, 03:46 AM
lol its totally uneeded too. There are usually a few games going on every evening (GMT) And we have a number of people in our group who arn't english speakers, You just need the right friends on your list and you will get invited because we are always looking for more players. One of the guys that regularly flys with us is Italian too. We fly mostly on sim, though we don't mind realistic now and then. Send me a Friend request. Also you can send Serpao a friend request too, message him saying you are looking for a fellow Italian to play Il-2 with.

Ok thank you robotic! I will send you request today! Meanwile I started playing online and I killed some enemies. I have a question: where I can read the overall number of my online kills?

markyboyacebassist
03-11-2010, 10:04 AM
Ok thank you robotic! I will send you request today! Meanwile I started playing online and I killed some enemies. I have a question: where I can read the overall number of my online kills?
You can't matey!!

truncana
03-12-2010, 05:45 PM
Thanks to David, a mate found on xbox live, I got my Spitfire MK XVI !!! Thank you David!!!

SEE
03-12-2010, 06:03 PM
As Robotic says, Serpao is Italian (on Xbox though) add his name to your Friends list if your on Xbox......he's a regular flyer!

David198502
03-13-2010, 12:43 PM
youre welcome truncana!!!

truncana
03-13-2010, 02:45 PM
youre welcome truncana!!!

Hei David!!! You are here!!! Nice to see you here. Thank you again in Il2 skies!
We made a great flight last day: you were helping me getting the score and meanwile it was relly funny make formation flight and landings!!!
See ya soon in the wwii skies!!!

David198502
03-14-2010, 09:01 AM
yeah, i hope we`ll see us in a sim game cause arcade isn`t really interesting for me, although it was fun!

truncana
03-15-2010, 03:47 AM
yeah, i hope we`ll see us in a sim game cause arcade isn`t really interesting for me, although it was fun!

Yes I know, but I haven' t any flightstick and with the joypad is really annoyng the continuous stalling of my aircraft... Any solution? I have decreased the elevator sensitivity, but nothing...

KDCart
03-15-2010, 04:07 AM
Decrease your elevator sensitivity until you no longer stall... Then slowly bump it back up until you find the setting that you fly the best. Go into training and play around with it until you find the "sweet spot". Remember though, the setting will be different for every airplane.

David198502
03-15-2010, 09:38 AM
jeah thats true. if you fly the spit i think 5 noches down of the elevates are perfect.at least i have them at that sensitivity. and it doesnt matter if you fly with a joystick or the gamepad for your behaviour of the plane. the only disadvantage with the gamepad is, that is difficult to look around.

truncana
03-15-2010, 11:51 AM
Ok I will try. Thank you all!

BRIGGBOY
03-15-2010, 01:02 PM
if you fly a spit then you want to set them 6 notches from the top in sim

KAV
03-15-2010, 04:19 PM
In realistic I usually fly the Spitfire Mk II with these settings:

Ailerons: 3 notches down
Elevators: 4 notches down

Remember, the more you lower the sensitivity, the less the aircraft perform.

Its better to start a mental thumb regulator scheme saying:
"Gentle, gentle gentle......"
then to lower it to much.

Robotic Pope
03-15-2010, 07:50 PM
In realistic I usually fly the Spitfire Mk II with these settings:

Ailerons: 3 notches down
Elevators: 4 notches down

Remember, the more you lower the sensitivity, the less the aircraft perform.

Its better to start a mental thumb regulator scheme saying:
"Gentle, gentle gentle......"
then to lower it to much.

eek the spitfire rolls bad enough to start with, why do you want to slow it down by lowering the aileron sensitivity?

Always have ailerons at max. Ailerons do not effect stall in any way.

truncana
03-16-2010, 06:31 AM
eek the spitfire rolls bad enough to start with, why do you want to slow it down by lowering the aileron sensitivity?

Always have ailerons at max. Ailerons do not effect stall in any way.

Yes! I tried and whit the spit xvi I left airellons to the max and elevators 6 notches down. Now I can fly easely in realistic mode. I have some minor problems in simulator mode learning to manage flaps and trim...

bobbysocks
03-16-2010, 05:27 PM
i keep reading about trim and flap issues so i will put in my 2 cents.
trim on real aircraft is set mostly at straight and level flight at cruise speed or when you are going to maintain a consistant speed for a long duration ( a climb up to 15k or .. ft)...and that is not 100% or WEP. it was usually 60 - 85 % power. the more you throttle up the more torque the engine generates and depending on the aircraft will cause drift to either the right or left. when you power up to take off you need to give some rudder to keep you straight down the runway and you trim up as you climb to altitude but will adjust when you reach your level cruising speed and altitude. and this is the way i set up my trim during the game. in a dogfight sitution or when i kick it in the ass i dont even worry about it. i will be all over the place anyways.... WEP was not used very often .... let me rephrase that ... not used as consistantly as it is in games. on the P 51 there was a wire on the throttle. 100% was firewalled against the wire. if you got you ass in a bind, needed that little extra get me the hell out of Dodge speed, or to gain advantage in a DF you slammed hard and broke the wire...they had a term for that but i cant remember at the moment. but it was an injection system ( only familiar with 51s ) with a limited amount of water and ...nitromethane??? so it didnt last long and was only used sparingly.

as for flaps...combat flaps were common use. at the link below at the bottom is a bunch of reports of how 51 jocks used this and the results...when playing arcade i do the same by dropping gear momentarily ( with good success )

http://www.wwiiaircraftperformance.org/mustang/combat-reports.html

i am not trying to pee and in anyone's wheaties....and i have been playing this game a very short time comparitively... and a game is not reality...but some of this stuff does translate into gaming use if used. so read the reports and experiment a little...might give you an edge.