PDA

View Full Version : another new player question Paladin

carlec
03-08-2010, 09:55 PM
Really, this is pretty funny if you knew me. I'm the person who reads the manual before even starting, but since there wasn't one easily available (downloaded version from Gamersgate), I just dove in. And, thus, this is why I like to read and re-read the manual. LOL

Anyway, I read somewhere that the Paladin has a resurrection skill.

Where is that? Do I have to earn it? How is it used? Does it work when any troop is killed or only when an entire group is killed? How is it different than the spell (I guess that the spell is only used during battle itself)?

Thanks for the help so far. :)

Vomaxx
03-09-2010, 03:21 AM
Oh, dear--I hope you did not make the same error I did. I just this evening finished the game, as a Paladin (normal level) without having the resurrection skill until so late in the game I didn't have the crystals to upgrade it.

The skill is given to you as a scroll, which should be in your inventory at the start. You then inscribe the scroll in your spell book, and have it forever. But if you just use the scroll, it disappears, and, as I say, you won't see another one for a long, long time...

carlec
03-09-2010, 09:52 PM
Oh--hmm, I'll have to check. I think I did put it in. Reading other people here, though, they made it sound like something else, that it just happened. I wonder if there is anyone who's played longer than we have? Anyway, thanks for the thoughts on it. When I start playing later, I'll check!!

carlec
03-10-2010, 05:18 PM
I did inscribe the Res spell, but is that the same thing I read from other threads around here? I could have sworn that what I read implied that only the Paladin got this, but if its a scroll, couldn't anyone get this? And I thought other threads implied that your troops just came back to life after a battle, but that certainly hadn't happened.
:confused:

Vomaxx
03-11-2010, 02:39 AM
You have to cast the spell during battle for it to do anything, and it will usually revive just a portion of one stack. There is no way I know of to resurrect all your casualties.

The Paladin gets the scroll at the start. Anyone can buy it if it's offered for sale, but I don't think it is until fairly late in the game.

The Necro Call skill does revive some troops after a battle--randomly chosen for you. You can eventually get that skill after you work through the items above it on the skill tree.

carlec
03-11-2010, 06:26 PM
Cool. Well, back off to war then! :)