PDA

View Full Version : repair droids -effectiveness

witcher85
03-05-2010, 01:32 PM
On what does the effectiveness of the droids' repair ability depend? they are supposed to fix "dead" units, but i used them in a fight and I tried repairing another droid stack and the game would say "effectiveness 10%" !, meaning only one droid would be healed (100 points) and none would be resurrected.

pavned
03-05-2010, 01:46 PM
Have you tested it? Cause I was under the impression that effectiveness was related to the number being resurrected on the total you could resurrect.

Meaning with effectiveness of 10% you could wait a bit cause you waste a potential 90% of resurrecting more units.

Metathron
03-05-2010, 03:08 PM
On what does the effectiveness of the droids' repair ability depend? they are supposed to fix "dead" units, but i used them in a fight and I tried repairing another droid stack and the game would say "effectiveness 10%" !, meaning only one droid would be healed (100 points) and none would be resurrected.

Well, it would appear that none died in the stack you repaired!

Zechnophobe
03-06-2010, 06:18 AM

Each droid in a stack can heal a certain amount of health (I don't recall the number exactly, but lets say 20 for right now).

If you have 10 droids, they can heal 200 health, and will resurrect dead units.

But what if the stack they are trying to heal has only lost 50 hit points? Then you aren't taking advantage of that full 200 you could possibly be healing. The game labels this as meaning you are being 25% effective. You are healing 50 out of the total of 200 health you could possibly heal.

If you see 'effectiveness 10%' it means you are healing far less than the amount you could (And yes, it also means you are healing the stack to FULL total health).

Any 'effectiveness' under 100% means the stack is fully healed and rezzed.

BB Shockwave
04-15-2010, 03:19 PM
The repair droids actually heal so much HP per droid that it's almost overpowered. I often used Phantom on them to heal the repair droids themselves, and the phantoms that were only 50% of the old stack could often resurrect insane amounts of them... Plus, the ability is rechargeable. You cannot get any better than that! ;)

DarkWolf2
06-13-2010, 03:33 PM
I've got problems with refilling my repair droids stack, seeing as I've exausted the one at the catacombs. Enemies are now a bit too strong with 2 stacks of repair droids at only half strength (30/62). Anywhere else I can refill them?

I'm aiming to kill that shaman Zag-Zag Orc.

N3MES1S
06-13-2010, 07:28 PM
Im afraid that until u reach montero , u cant refill repair droids. I only saw repair droids on bolo and rusty anchor (sometimes on scarlett).

kcwong
06-14-2010, 04:29 AM
I've got problems with refilling my repair droids stack, seeing as I've exausted the one at the catacombs. Enemies are now a bit too strong with 2 stacks of repair droids at only half strength (30/62). Anywhere else I can refill them?

I'm aiming to kill that shaman Zag-Zag Orc.

That seems impossible - his geyser spam will kill you faster than you can repair, not to mention his army.

BB Shockwave
06-15-2010, 10:01 AM
If you can get to the second dwarven island to the north (forgot the name) where the caves are, there is a good chance the stores next to the tavern sell them.

I'd wait with Zag-Zag, though. He's a quite hard enemy hero. I left him alone until I had a large enough army to crush him in 2-3 rounds, otherwise he will decimate you.