PDA

View Full Version : My proposal for a human level 5 unit.

Lord Ludwig
02-25-2010, 08:30 AM
I saw various threads were there was talk about how a level 5 human unit should be. I remember proposals such as an upgraded horseman, an archangel, a griffon rider... Here is my take on it (obviously just an idea, I wouldn't know where to start to actually make a mod with it). Say hello to...

The Supreme Archmage!

AT 40
DE 48
IN 7
Sp 2
CR 14%
Dm 50-80 (50%Ph, 50% Ma)
He 400
Co 9000
Le 800

Skills:
Lightning (as per archmage)
Magic protection (as per archmage)
Persistence of mind (as per archmage)
Death avoidance: you don't become head of an arcane school if you're not uncannily good at avoiding lethal damage. Whenever a hit does enough damage to kill the SA stack there's a 50% chance no damage is taken
Magic mastery: if someone is foolish enough to attack the SA with magic there's a 75% chance the spell is reflected towards the caster
Permanent magic shield: the first thing an apprentice mage learns is to protect himself. The SA has perfected this skill to the point he doesn't need to cast it, his magic shield just is perpetually active. Always takes only 50% damage.

Talents:
Sheep: turns any enemy stack of lower leadership in harmless sheep for two rounds. Works also on level 5 units, except the Black Dragon. Works partially on the Archdemon (shrugs it of at the start of his round). One charge.
Phoenix: The SA calls forth an army of phoenixes to fight at his side. Y, M or A phoenix at random. Total health of the summoned troop is 50% of the health of the summoner. One charge.
Book of evil: the SA calls his personal grimoire on the battlefield to cast through it. Level of book is random. Recharge 3 rounds.

TemjinGold
02-25-2010, 01:43 PM
Leadership way too low. For those abilities, 1200 is more like it.

KongMysen
02-25-2010, 03:11 PM
i agree...

But best Lvl 5 human suggestion so far...

Metathron
02-25-2010, 03:14 PM
Quite interesting, but I would prefer something different than a mere recolouring of an existing unit.

pavned
02-25-2010, 03:29 PM
Quite interesting, but I would prefer something different than a mere recolouring of an existing unit.

The famous ArchAngel! Can see it having the Storm of heaven ability, like fiery rain but inflicting magic damages. The Judgement day ability could halve any undead ennemy stack (like the Archdemon ability but with 100% of success targeting only undead units). Finally Mass resurection should be one of his ability too, like the Paladin but without the need to have the units adjacent to the AA.

Maybe he'll be to powerfull!

One thing I'd like to see is that the level 5 units add something to the Hero on the world map. As I see it, having a level 5 unit of a specific race in your army should trigger a diplomacy skill for that particular race.

An even stronger effect is simply lowering the leadership requirements for that particular race, like equipment does.

Zechnophobe
02-25-2010, 10:39 PM
I rather liked my idea for a Griffon Rider. I didn't give it stats, but something like:

55 Attack
45 Defense
7 Initiative
6 Move
15% Crit
730 hit points
80-90 Damage
Leadership 1500

(I'm a little unsure of leadership to damage ratio here)

Has two abilities, one active, one passive.

Active: Griffon Dive. Similar to dragon dive, targets a square within 5. The Griffon Rider flies high into the air and comes crashing down at the point of contact, dealing 40-45 damage to adjacent units and pushing them back one square.
Passive: Whenever Griffon Rider gets a kill with a melee attack, it gives all other human units 1 Action point (As if a level 1 Fit of Energy were cast on them).

Oh, and I guess it flies, that was obvious right?

Should like like an oversized Royal Griffon being rode by a silver Armored Knight style unit, with a massive lance.

N3MES1S
02-26-2010, 12:14 AM
Humans doesnt have level 5 units because they have more level 3-4 units than the other sides. Instead of a new unit, i will re-make the archmage, right now, 5-9 dmg is ridiculous. Or maybe , an "Armored War Archmage" xD, a regular archmage with a battle armour and mounting a royal griffin. -.- About 500 hit points and almost 12-14 damage. That should be great. I think the dmg done by archmage is too low.

TemjinGold
02-26-2010, 01:47 AM
I rather liked my idea for a Griffon Rider. I didn't give it stats, but something like:

55 Attack
45 Defense
7 Initiative
6 Move
15% Crit
730 hit points
80-90 Damage
Leadership 1500

(I'm a little unsure of leadership to damage ratio here)

Has two abilities, one active, one passive.

Active: Griffon Dive. Similar to dragon dive, targets a square within 5. The Griffon Rider flies high into the air and comes crashing down at the point of contact, dealing 40-45 damage to adjacent units and pushing them back one square.
Passive: Whenever Griffon Rider gets a kill with a melee attack, it gives all other human units 1 Action point (As if a level 1 Fit of Energy were cast on them).

Oh, and I guess it flies, that was obvious right?

Should like like an oversized Royal Griffon being rode by a silver Armored Knight style unit, with a massive lance.

The main benefit to fit of energy is a 2nd turn. This won't really happen due to the unit's high Initiative unless you have them wait every time they would get a kill.

mcgriffin
02-26-2010, 02:10 AM
Humans doesnt have level 5 units because they have more level 3-4 units than the other sides. Instead of a new unit, i will re-make the archmage, right now, 5-9 dmg is ridiculous. Or maybe , an "Armored War Archmage" xD, a regular archmage with a battle armour and mounting a royal griffin. -.- About 500 hit points and almost 12-14 damage. That should be great. I think the dmg done by archmage is too low.

It's actually 5-8.

BUT, archmage has the battle trance ability increasing his dmg to 10-16, which reloads every 3 turns and lasts for 2 turns. This makes it on par with other lvl 4 units.

Zechnophobe
02-26-2010, 02:25 AM
The main benefit to fit of energy is a 2nd turn. This won't really happen due to the unit's high Initiative unless you have them wait every time they would get a kill.

This is meant to be a balancing factor. If you wait until end of turn, and then use them, you could be giving your entire team another turn, which is insanely good, but it requires you to do nothing else for a turn.

Even just getting a first action kill, and 'hasting' your army for a turn isn't too bad.