PDA

View Full Version : Item moral: When does it upgrade?

eXeel
02-14-2010, 06:50 PM
I have an item, Magician's Cape, that I want upgraded.
I can pay 6 Magic Crystals to boost the morale. About 3-4 investments brings it to moral 100.

Still it is the lowest version of the item! Hm... Oh wait, I guess it is a set, it seems. I miss the cloak and cape.

But what does the item moral do then? It is 23% before I boost it. Dont want to waste crystals on it, if I can wait till it hits 0. Then what happens?

DGDobrev
02-14-2010, 07:00 PM
You can check the KBAP info thread, I tried to put there as many items with morale as possible and when do they increase/decrease their morale.

Here's the info you need:
12. Wizard's Mantle.
Basic morale: 50 After suppression: 50 Increases: +30 for 6 magic crystals Decreases: according to the formula -ClassK*IntK, where:
ClassK - factor based on the hero class: 1 Mage/2 Paladin/3 Warrior
IntK - factor based on the current intellect: 3 (Int<10), 2 (Int between 10 and 20), 1 (Int 20 or more).

If it hits 0, you will have to suppress the item (fight its keepers).

eXeel
02-14-2010, 07:04 PM
And fighting the keepers will bring it back to what morale? Wondering if I should speculate in saving the crystals.

loreangelicus
02-14-2010, 07:18 PM
I believe it goes back to 50 when you suppress it.

Just save the crystals and fight the keepers; it has the added bonus of giving you more XP and gold.

WhYdOyOuThInKtHaThApPeNeD
02-15-2010, 10:55 AM
I second Loreangelicus's recommendation. Never waste precious crystals on suppression. I've used that cape a lot, one of my favorite items to find. Get the Diploma in Anti-Magic from the middle building when you first arrive at Elon (sorry I forget proper names), do the defense test to get that item. When you wear the Magician's Cape with the Diploma in Anti-Magic your army becomes nearly invulnerable to magic attacks, especially those units with already high magic resistance. Even more so if you have the 3rd level Guardian Angel Medal. Makes for super easy item guardian suppression and upgrade battles since they are largely magic battles.

Magician's Cape: +30% magic resistance
Diploma in Anti-Magic: +25% magic resistance
Mirror Defender Shield: +20% magic resistance
Crystal Sphere (gift bag): +5% resistance to all types
Guardian Angel Medal level 3: +7% resistance to all types

For a total of 87% magic resistance + whatever your monsters have endogenously.

Just wait till it reaches 0 morale and fight the keepers for a bit of extra experience which is finite per game anyway. I think the crystal spend is just to add dimension to the game items and perhaps for those who aren't strong enough to suppress it.

When the item reaches 0 morale it will just stop giving you any special bonus until you suppress it by fighting the keepers or giving it crystals. You can keep wearing it when the morale is 0 but it but it's no different than wearing nothing.

The item isn't part of a set. It starts off as Magician's Cowl, after upgrading the 1st time it becomes Magician's Cloak, then after the 2nd and final upgrade it becomes the much prized Magician's Cape

Zechnophobe
02-15-2010, 05:56 PM
Thing is, I have yet to NOT find the Chaos Helm in a game using the gift bag. And that gives an amazing 50% magic resistance. It plus Diploma is 75% right off, which is a mind boggling amount. Makes Zilgadis a heck of a lot easier.