PDA

View Full Version : Something about the map

WhYdOyOuThInKtHaThApPeNeD
02-10-2010, 04:28 AM
Just a totally minor observation but curious if anyone knows something about it.
When bringing up the map of a continent, every now and again one of those little icons of a house with an orange roof that designates a 'building' glistens over with a bluish sheen. It's just a tiny little effect. It happens consistently every few seconds apparently randomly. Does anyone know if that means anything?

It seems odd that the programmers would be like, "lets make one of those little houses glisten over with a bluish sheen just for fun". There must be some meaning behind it. Or maybe it's just an effect to give the map some subtle life.

Zechnophobe
02-12-2010, 01:41 AM
Yeah, you will actually notice that not ALL house icons have a chance to glisten, only some.

If you pay a lot of attention, and note downs which ones DO NOT, that is the first part of the riddle. Visiting them in order is the second part of the riddle.

The final part becomes obvious once the first part are done, I'll let you figure that out.

DON'T READ FURTHER UNLESS YOU WANT THIS RIDDLE SPOILED FOR YOU!

Highlight this: Riddle Answer: Zechnophobe is a mean person who sends others on wild goose chases.

02-12-2010, 07:09 AM
Excellent! That's one of the #1 things I recommend for future editions and mods, more puzzles and secrets. Thanks for the tip.

Hmm. I would think there should be some clue to even discovering this thing whatever it is perhaps spoken of by people you meet in game. If it's a matter of visiting the buildings in a certain order that's gonna be hard since the permutations seem endless.

KongMysen
02-12-2010, 04:32 PM
Yeah, you will actually notice that not ALL house icons have a chance to glisten, only some.

If you pay a lot of attention, and note downs which ones DO NOT, that is the first part of the riddle. Visiting them in order is the second part of the riddle.

The final part becomes obvious once the first part are done, I'll let you figure that out.

DON'T READ FURTHER UNLESS YOU WANT THIS RIDDLE SPOILED FOR YOU!

Highlight this: Riddle Answer: Zechnophobe is a mean person who sends others on wild goose chases.

Stupid me.... Went on a goose chase..:eek:

02-13-2010, 10:02 AM
Actually I had an intuitive feeling that was the case. With no in game hints of such a thing and no way to reason the order of progression it makes no sense. Good try though. Would be a nice touch, I really would like to see more secrets and puzzles incorporated. This game has Massive untapped potential.