PDA

View Full Version : Quitters

dkwookie
02-08-2010, 09:28 AM
I put BoP on last night and ended up in a CTA hosted by DangerDave. Our side lost the field and a couple of people quit on both teams. I spotted an invite from a good freind and figured I would drop out and join that game instead. I then received a note from Dave saying how myself and other players regularly quit when the going gets tough.

I had a bit of an exchange with him on this saying I dont believe i am a quitter and usually if the field is taken I will stick around for a dogfight. I will quit if the lag is so bad you cant shoot someone though.
He mentioned he was thinking of signing up to the forum to complain about this so I figured I would post it instead.

I told him I am fine with name and shame but I didnt agree with what he was saying. I can name a few players who do quit all the time when the game is up and also some players who keep going under pretty severe beating. Special shout for this to Luftwaffe40 who kept going in a long CTA the other night after all his fighter team mates quit

Gilly
02-08-2010, 09:36 AM
It's been especially bad this weekend for hosts and players quitting. The bad lag has been rearing it's head again too. Point in question was Saturday night teambattle. I have no issue in being ripped to pieces when there's equal teams but for it to be 2 vs 6 was harsh and basic sucide. That said you guys did recognise that and backed off till the timer ran out. I'll also second the respect to Luftwaffe for the other night as he did stick it out in the worst possible conditions.
Perhaps we have a name and shame for hosts quitting as several who do subsequently start up new games and I'd rather know who to avoid that to waste 29 minutes and 59 seconds for them to then quit.

f1rebrand
02-08-2010, 09:52 AM
I've noticed lots of 3 minute (1v1) Strike matches on recently with people trying to unlock the B17. If they don't win, they sulk and quit. If they don't want an opponent to fly a fighter why do they proceed with the game?

Shadowcorp
02-08-2010, 10:16 AM
Lag was bad this weekend i must admit that i quit a few matches because of it (four deaths from the lag master "jig7709").
I think large matches: say between 12 and 16 players are the cause of excessive lagg, with more Players being online the servers cannot support such large games. The only games i played without lagg were games with less than 8 players.

winny
02-08-2010, 10:28 AM
I can vouch for wookie, he's not the 'quit because it's getting tough' kind, at all.

If it's laggy you've got to quit. If it suddenly gets very one sided I'll fly off somewhere or have a go shorthanded. I would never quit a game I was hosting because it's the equivalent of taking your ball home, ie. spoilt brat.

The flip side is that it's really frustrating hosting a game only to see people leave, but I wouldn't message them over it... Life's too short.

It's nowhere near as bad as FIFA.. I 'won' 5 staight games where the other guy quit just before the final whistle.. 5 different people, in a row.... c**ts

winny
02-08-2010, 10:30 AM
Lag was bad this weekend i must admit that i quit a few matches because of it (four deaths from the lag master "jig7709").
I think large matches: say between 12 and 16 players are the cause of excessive lagg, with more Players being online the servers cannot support such large games. The only games i played without lagg were games with less than 8 players.

I think the UK's broadband network basically breaks at the weekend... Sunday evening is outrageous! (When is somebody going to wire this place up properly?)

Gilly
02-08-2010, 10:35 AM
I think the UK's broadband network basically breaks at the weekend... Sunday evening is outrageous! (When is somebody going to wire this place up properly?)

That's what happens when you win wars! You don't have a need to rebuild and rewire and sadly that's why we're still on copper, our roads are crap and don't get me started on public transport infrastructure.....

f1rebrand
02-08-2010, 10:44 AM

We have a better network than Greece.

Robotic Pope
02-08-2010, 11:00 AM
We have a better network than Greece.

Where the hell is Finland on that list. They have probably the best broadband outside Japan and korea

InfiniteStates
02-08-2010, 11:03 AM
LOL I blame kids and FaceBook :rolleyes:

That image is depressing...if only some of the money went back into the network rather than fat middle-aged guys pockets.

f1rebrand
02-08-2010, 11:11 AM
Where the hell is Finland on that list. They have probably the best broadband outside Japan and korea

You are right.

f1rebrand
02-08-2010, 11:15 AM
That's what happens when you win wars! You don't have a need to rebuild and rewire and sadly that's why we're still on copper, our roads are crap and don't get me started on public transport infrastructure.....

Things are so different on the other side of Le Manche.

dkwookie
02-08-2010, 11:23 AM
LOL I blame kids and FaceBook :rolleyes:

That image is depressing...if only some of the money went back into the network rather than fat middle-aged guys pockets.

I blame xbox live, it should be rationed :)

Gilly
02-08-2010, 03:33 PM

Prime example was the historic we were both in. Was shaping up to be a good game just the fact it was a full 16 made me nervous. Low and behold as expected! Immediate deaths from the word go, invisible bullets hitting the plane and in the end it falls over. I agree it's with the larger games and will stay away if there's more than 10 in a game when I check the lobby.

Zatoichi_Sanjuro
02-08-2010, 03:58 PM

It's not the servers. The game is p2p. It's the upspeed of the host. Most people don't have the upstream bandwith to host a full room.

Panzergranate
02-08-2010, 04:23 PM
Yorkshire is still using damp string for their internet connections, judging by the poor connections folks in the rest of the UK have with the area.

Yorkshire folks are historically to adopt new technology. Luditism was invented there and still practiced by some.

My grandfather was from Yorkshire and never owned a computer, car and stuck with 405 line TV right up until the day they shut down the transmitters back in the late 1970's.

He also managed to never buy a round or drink for anyone in his whole life, a typical trait of all Yorkshiremen.... generosity and spending money are both seen as weaknesses.

So no wonder Yorkshire has such poor internet connections..... everybody there is too tight to fork out enough money to bring it into the 21st century, or at least the 20th century.

Thank God that I live in the fibre opitcally infested South of England and am on Virgin and not BT.

Our local BT phone exchange can only handle 1.5 Mb. with 0.4 Mb. at peak times, despite what folks told they're paying for.

It doesn't matter what speed broadband anyone pays for on BT or any other copper wire phone line service, it will be converted down to the most practical speed that the local phone exchange can cope with..... and that will be very slow, especially in the evenings.

O2 and Virgin are the fastest providers at present, according to Watchdog, with BT ranking at number 17 in the league tables. All the top providers are fibre optic services, whilst BT is copper phone wire only based.

Until the UK government and service providers cough up to install a decent fibre optic based internet system all over the UK, instead of the patchy layout we have at present, we're all going to have to endure poor local connections with other players in the UK.

Shadowcorp
02-09-2010, 10:22 AM
It's not the servers. The game is p2p. It's the upspeed of the host. Most people don't have the upstream bandwith to host a full room.

Your right i should have said hosts but sunday in particular is poor for host no matter where they are from and what time they are playing.
For Example Ratman91101 has never really had any probelms hosting full 16 player matches apart from sunday around 5 gmt i guess that puts it 12pm his time and 7pm in russia. He's not in peak internet hours, I was approaching peak times and in russia (where the scorekeeping server is) it was peak internet hours which at a guess was what causes glitch kills. I digress......
My friends from japan also have troubles on sunday dispite their fibre optic connection.
All i know is weekends particulary sunday i'll find something else to play

Yakoff
02-09-2010, 02:11 PM
Wow. I thought the US would be up near the top of that broadband speed chart. Sure slapped me down when I looked at it.

Gilly
02-12-2010, 07:34 AM
I'm getting totally sick of deliberate sucide jockeys when flying bombers. Case in point was last night when just one player was deliberately ramming our bombers. I think it's about time we had a name and shame thread so at least you know when someone joins your game what's likely to happen. That said I did tell him what I thought of him so maybe I lowered myself to his level. Anyway just my p'd off thoughts.

juz1
02-12-2010, 08:21 AM
They actually did a test in Australia..200mb by three methods...adsl, car and carrier pidgeon.

Pidgeon won...

and unfortunately I am not joking.:(

winny
02-12-2010, 09:07 AM
I'm getting totally sick of deliberate sucide jockeys when flying bombers. Case in point was last night when just one player was deliberately ramming our bombers. I think it's about time we had a name and shame thread so at least you know when someone joins your game what's likely to happen. That said I did tell him what I thought of him so maybe I lowered myself to his level. Anyway just my p'd off thoughts.

I very nearly rammed you last night! (by accident). I totally misjudged how fast a 109-K is. It turned out to be the sweetest B-17 kill I've managed.. One long burst from wing tip to wing tip from about 150m to about 10m. I was playing in cockpit view at the time and it looked great! Thanks and sorry at the same time :)

Gilly
02-12-2010, 09:21 AM
I very nearly rammed you last night! (by accident). I totally misjudged how fast a 109-K is. It turned out to be the sweetest B-17 kill I've managed.. One long burst from wing tip to wing tip from about 150m to about 10m. I was playing in cockpit view at the time and it looked great! Thanks and sorry at the same time :)

Was an absolute beauty winny, that I can live with as it shows skill! Your right about the speed of that K4, I was watching scotty, saw the radar blip, thought I've got time to try and hit him before you arrived, next thing I'm swimming home!! I've changed my tatics with that K4, i normally go for the engine but on that I'm aiming at the wings as it can take punishment head on and time is something you don't have against that and the G6!

BRIGGBOY
02-13-2010, 01:23 AM

yeah that is the problem in this copuntry to many fatcats at the top so we end up designing everything for the rest of the world and dont see any of it in this country because them fat bastards have sold it on

McQ59
02-19-2010, 10:44 AM
I've had a couple of games this afternoon. First CA and then a TB. Both host quit after I gave them a little beating with the G-6. Well... I had to tell them in a way that I dislike that kind of attitude, and decided I send them a message.

"Recomendation... Don't host games if u can't take loosing. It will only give u a bad reputation. And it sticks..."

In that way I hope they get the meaning, and still keep on playing the game. As I see it, we don't have any pilots to loose in BoP.

kozzm0
02-19-2010, 11:40 AM
last quitter I met was a 1 on 1 deathmatch, flying a he-111. In free-for-alls and strikes they probably got plenty of kills with that thing, but not in a 20 minute duel with a 109k4. Unlike strike mode, they didn't spawn 5 miles from their target, so I could attack realistically, the way real bomber-killers did: climb high race in front of the target, attack in a fast dive from around 2 oclock or 10-oclock high, roll and extend away low, climb and fly ahead again, and repeat. They quit after about 8 minutes without hitting me once and dying 3 times.

It's getting old beating up on bombers in training, anyone who does a 1 on 1 match with me is welcome to use a bomber, as long as you fly it realistically instead of dogfighting with it like the AI tries to do.

winny
02-19-2010, 12:02 PM
For the first time yesterday i had more quited games than finished properly.

Most annoying was some guy who let us play till 14 mins only to quit because he'd had an 'invite' (the fact that he was losing had nothing to do with it....;))

scottyvt4
02-19-2010, 07:30 PM
I put BoP on last night and ended up in a CTA hosted by DangerDave. Our side lost the field and a couple of people quit on both teams. I spotted an invite from a good freind and figured I would drop out and join that game instead. I then received a note from Dave saying how myself and other players regularly quit when the going gets tough.

I had a bit of an exchange with him on this saying I dont believe i am a quitter and usually if the field is taken I will stick around for a dogfight. I will quit if the lag is so bad you cant shoot someone though.
He mentioned he was thinking of signing up to the forum to complain about this so I figured I would post it instead.

I told him I am fine with name and shame but I didnt agree with what he was saying. I can name a few players who do quit all the time when the game is up and also some players who keep going under pretty severe beating. Special shout for this to Luftwaffe40 who kept going in a long CTA the other night after all his fighter team mates quit

actually lol'ed when i read that, it was just the other night you were saying some dude was up in arms about you giving him a hard time lol

it takes some going to stay in esp if you're team mates are dropping out! first game i played online in a C/A i took an absolute beating but stuck with it think ratman was the host

only time i quit is as said already, is when its too laggy!!!

I've noticed lots of 3 minute (1v1) Strike matches on recently with people trying to unlock the B17. If they don't win, they sulk and quit. If they don't want an opponent to fly a fighter why do they proceed with the game?

ive noticed this too, normally switch to a G6 as the timer gets to zero ........ few kills later "the host has quite the game" :)

Nycro
02-24-2010, 06:59 PM
sigh...BOP is really wearing my patience thin now, getting the b-17 is taking the biscuit and i'm fed up of useless teammates, they may as well quit cause they're not even worth a distraction they just fly off. matches now are mostly one-sided. and to finish that off my accuracy counter is bugged and is constanly dropping after every single match. i just feel like quitting all the time. Luftwaffe40 sounds like the kind of guy anybody would want on their team, good going.

Gilly
02-24-2010, 07:09 PM
[QUOTE=Nycro;146049]sigh...BOP is really wearing my patience thin now, getting the b-17 is taking the biscuit and i'm fed up of useless teammates, they may as well quit cause they're not even worth a distraction they just fly off. matches now are mostly one-sided. and to finish that off my accuracy counter is bugged and is constanly dropping after every single match. i just feel like quitting all the time. Luftwaffe40 sounds like the kind of guy anybody would want on their team, good going.[/

Forget the scoreboards as you'll see elsewhere on the forum that they're not worth the bother. See Shadowcorps thread about volunteers as he's doing a more accurate and refective performance related database that you can rely on.
You'll also find the best of the best BoP addicts here who are all experts in their particular fields and are worth getting to know. In strike teammates make a big difference. Fly with guys you know and trust and the game becomes instantly more entertaining!
Anyway, welcome to the forum or asylum for flyers, one or t'other!!

Nycro
02-24-2010, 08:04 PM
it'll come eventually, but Anton and his team really need to add an unlock table to the game where it shows you what you need to do to get a particular plane/weapon preset and tracking how far you are to getting the unlock, that would be awesome.

McQ59
02-24-2010, 10:49 PM
it'll come eventually, but Anton and his team really need to add an unlock table to the game where it shows you what you need to do to get a particular plane/weapon preset and tracking how far you are to getting the unlock, that would be awesome.

Someone did; http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthr...?t=9665&page=4

It's a very nice game mate.

siteseeker
02-25-2010, 01:21 PM
is there a way to "de-friend" someone on PS3 or jsut add them to the block list?? i accepted this guy a week or so ago after a game we played together... i would say he is as good as i am in the game so it was good. we played together several times winning and loosing like normal... but last night he rubbed me the wrong way by quiting a lopsided TB of 3 on 2 and then sending me an invite to join another game while i was fending off 3 attackers. i sent a message saying "why did you quit on me" to which he replied "what's wrong with u"... then he joined a game lobby that i was in and asked me over his mic "what the f*ck is your problem"... i didn't answer him and left to find another game, which he followed me to. a 6 person single airfield CTA and i made sure i teamed up with 2 other top notch players in which he got spanked and yes, he quit that game too leaving a single player to take a severe beating for the last 4 minutes of the game.

sorry for the ramble but i hope i can remove this guy.

BRIGGBOY
02-25-2010, 01:48 PM
the only thing you can do is delete him from your psn friends list and add him to your block list but all that will do is stop him sending you messages. it is a shame because it is wankers like him that are ruining the game for everyone and will eventually drive people away.

f1rebrand
02-25-2010, 01:54 PM
is there a way to "de-friend" someone on PS3 or jsut add them to the block list?? i accepted this guy a week or so ago after a game we played together... i would say he is as good as i am in the game so it was good. we played together several times winning and loosing like normal... but last night he rubbed me the wrong way by quiting a lopsided TB of 3 on 2 and then sending me an invite to join another game while i was fending off 3 attackers. i sent a message saying "why did you quit on me" to which he replied "what's wrong with u"... then he joined a game lobby that i was in and asked me over his mic "what the f*ck is your problem"... i didn't answer him and left to find another game, which he followed me to. a 6 person single airfield CTA and i made sure i teamed up with 2 other top notch players in which he got spanked and yes, he quit that game too leaving a single player to take a severe beating for the last 4 minutes of the game.

I hear you bro. Thankfully there's only a few of these a**holes on BoP.
All you can do is block him I guess.

I noticed your teammates deserted you in a recent CTA match but you stuck around for the benefit of the game. Some people genuinely lose connection and drop out of the game though. I always let my team mates know when this happens to me.

winny
02-25-2010, 03:15 PM

Just press triangle on the friend you want to delete and then select delete.

Some of the chivalry associated with aerial combat is sadly lacking online.

siteseeker
02-26-2010, 01:20 PM
I hear you bro. Thankfully there's only a few of these a**holes on BoP.
All you can do is block him I guess.

I noticed your teammates deserted you in a recent CTA match but you stuck around for the benefit of the game. Some people genuinely lose connection and drop out of the game though. I always let my team mates know when this happens to me.

my favorite games are with forum members... if i win, great... if i get slaughtered then i've helped a forum member out by increasing their kill number... i look at it as honing my lacking skills :)

BRIGGBOY
02-26-2010, 01:31 PM
that is a great of looking at it i wish all players thought like you.