PDA

View Full Version : Best random Item in the Game

Zechnophobe
02-04-2010, 06:14 PM
Whaddya think? And I am taking into account the gift pack. When considering this, I think a few jump out right away:

Shield of Rekrosse. (Dragons!)
Chaos Helm (50% magic resistance, 50% astral resistance, 5 rage, 5 mana)
Heart of the Dragon (-10% leadership on dragons, +1 morale on dragons... effects dragon flies).
Rage Eater (+5 mana per turn)

My opinion is no one item can swing a run through like the shield. You not only develop, quickly, a large dragon army, but you also have a significantly easier time fighting dragons.

DGDobrev
02-04-2010, 06:49 PM
I also vote for the Rekross' shield. It is a wickedly useful find if you happen to get one around lvl 15-25. Once (quite some time ago, before the english version was launched) I had it spawn on Rusty and I couldn't even begin to imagine how easy the game suddenly became. Another time I had it for free in Montero shafts, but I didn't know of its existence :)

Other Items I think that are great are:
Black Helmet for the BK tactic
Student Belt - free class runes every now and again, even if you haven't equipped it. The game can spawn up to 2 of them!
Martyr's Boots - +4 Intellect, +1000 Leadership, -1 Speed - great for a mage who plays with lvl 5 units (especially dragons), because for them the -1 speed is a mere pittacks.

Zechnophobe
02-04-2010, 09:34 PM
Yeah the student's belt is bugged I'm sure. It couldn't have been intentional that it gives runes without being equipped... right? I also have gotten the sandals at least once, and they are amazing. 1000 leadership on a single item is sexy enough as it is, also giving 4 int is a nice bit of cream.

DGDobrev
02-04-2010, 11:14 PM
I also assume that granting a rune without wielding it is kinda improper. However, there is a workaround - make it living! For example, every time the belt gives a rune, his morale drops by 10-20% or so. This way, even if it isn't equipped, it will go out of control and will not give runes until suppressed. This way it can be both a boon and a curse. Right now it's simply something to buy as soon as possible and cherish :)

travelingoz
02-05-2010, 01:56 AM
The sandals only take -1 speed from pedestrian units, so there's no penalty for all fliers, including griffins and dryads, etc!

DGDobrev
02-05-2010, 02:38 AM
Really? My bad. Alrighty then, Martyr Boots are the best item ever :) Free +4 Int/+1000 Leadership FTW!

joasoz
02-05-2010, 08:45 AM
A little off topic, but I would like to ask.

When you have a set of items, do you "use" them to create a new item (like the dragon teeth) or do you equip them all to get bonus?

DGDobrev
02-05-2010, 12:04 PM
You equip them all and voila. However, for the compound items in the Gift vag, you must use any of them to create the big one.

jake21
02-05-2010, 01:28 PM
I remember this shield from KB-TL but haven't seen it in KB-AP. Is it still in KB-AP? I guess it must be since you mentioned seeing it on Rusty Anchor... yea a free dragon at level 15 would be wicked.

I also vote for the Rekross' shield. It is a wickedly useful find if you happen to get one around lvl 15-25. Once (quite some time ago, before the english version was launched) I had it spawn on Rusty and I couldn't even begin to imagine how easy the game suddenly became. Another time I had it for free in Montero shafts, but I didn't know of its existence :)

Other Items I think that are great are:
Black Helmet for the BK tactic
Student Belt - free class runes every now and again, even if you haven't equipped it. The game can spawn up to 2 of them!
Martyr's Boots - +4 Intellect, +1000 Leadership, -1 Speed - great for a mage who plays with lvl 5 units (especially dragons), because for them the -1 speed is a mere pittacks.

DGDobrev
02-05-2010, 02:16 PM
Well, it is and it can spawn from verona onward (verona and tougher maps afterwards) and in Cuttlefish's cave. However, beating up Skip is quite some challenge... However, the shield costs only 60k, so if you keep you money in check, you should be able to afford it on Verona even on impossible.

Qbert
02-05-2010, 04:11 PM
I'm just a newbie and only just kicked off AP (bought the package wanted to get through TL first) ... but I was pretty surprised to see that the very first vendor in my game had a 150k artifact reducing red dragon leadership req by 20%.

Naturally I haven't come across a single red dragon yet.

Also picked up last night what i've dubbed the "Psycho-spidey" shield.... +9 attack, +9 defense, +1 speed to all Spiders and all their attacks crit if I remember right.

Zechnophobe
02-05-2010, 07:52 PM
Oh yeah, that spider item is insane... for spiders. Sadly only the fire spiders are at all good (though I have gotten some decent use out of them, one of my favorite early game Mystic Eggs).

DGDobrev
02-05-2010, 08:02 PM
I beg to differ :) Back in my russian KBAP days I used poisonous spiders with a warrior against dragons just for the fun of it (along with Royal snakes and Lake Dragonflies) and they simply beat the crap out of the dragons, because of their lack of poison resistance. It took some resurrecting with paladins and phantom afterwards, but it was fun seeing a bunch of dragons losing to such simple troops :)

loreangelicus
02-05-2010, 11:14 PM
Oh yeah, that spider item is insane... for spiders. Sadly only the fire spiders are at all good (though I have gotten some decent use out of them, one of my favorite early game Mystic Eggs).

With Eviln, undead spiders are a lot better. :grin:

jake21
02-06-2010, 03:33 PM
Yea I found this item late in the game . The problem I have is finding spiders :) I could only find 2000 undead spiders and not very many of the other sort. But crise they kick ass (I'm playing warrior on impossible). Even worse I have black knights (just picked them up after finishing reha (only thing left is serrata and the final fight). Just wanted to see how this shield worked and like well whatever :)

The thing is that even before I found the shield warrior on impossible had already become incredibly easy just using normal critters like paladin and royal snakes. I have to admit that it was a bit rough from level 10 to 25. Hum... trying to decide if I should continue with the mage on impossible; it stalled out around level 12 so I started this game.

Oh well. Warriors are definitly >>> easier than mages; at least on impossible.

With Eviln, undead spiders are a lot better. :grin:

tetleytea
02-07-2010, 07:21 PM
Are spiders considered "animals"? For purposes of Voice of the Dragon and the (I think blue) Pet dragon?

WhYdOyOuThInKtHaThApPeNeD
02-08-2010, 04:00 AM
The Fishing Net is my all time fav. :rolleyes: