PDA

View Full Version : Which way to go?

Xiled
02-01-2010, 05:50 PM
So I am playing Paladin-Hard, going for a no loss campaign.

Bolo, Scarlett are unlocked.

I just got a wanderer scroll for summoning undead.

I went through the usual process of opening a spider egg, then snake egg

So I can get:

10 Necromancers
10 Black Knights(also available in the undead tower on scarlet)
1 Bone Dragon

Which way to go..I took the Dragon to use as a tank...

but I do like the Necromancers for building stacks our of dead dudes...

Thoughts?

rest of my army.

Royal Snakes
Royal Thornes
ArchMages
Inquisitors

Zechnophobe
02-01-2010, 07:29 PM
Bone dragon, leave most of the rest of your troops at a castle. You'll do fine with it until a fair bit into the game, just make sure you stone skin it. Maybe use archmages (Hide them behind a Stone Wall) to cast shield on the dragon.

Add the green Dragon from Rusty Anchor Island as soon as you can, and those two will get you to Verona, most likely. Just be careful with them!

loreangelicus
02-01-2010, 08:18 PM
As tempting as it is to get the black knights, go for the single bone dragon. This is because you are still early in the game, and with the right spells and rage abilities, you could even just use the solo bone dragon to take on enemies.

Do take the black knights if you already have the Eviln spell though. With the Eviln spell support, they are a better tank than the bone dragons. Unless you want to go the solo bone dragon route, which is harder to pull off.

Necromancers are, in my opinion, not worth getting at that stage of the game since a highly mobile tank would serve you better.

Xiled
02-01-2010, 08:26 PM
So i do have the eviln spell..but you can't grow stacks with that can you..just regen them?

DGDobrev
02-01-2010, 09:43 PM
Just regen. If you could grow with it, that would have been waaaay too uber. That spell is wickedly powerful as it is...

rollems
02-02-2010, 01:17 AM
where did u get bone dragon on scarlet ? i have cleared every thing on the island. just few boats left

KongMysen
02-02-2010, 06:05 AM
I went through the usual process of opening a spider egg, then snake egg

Whats the tactic? Am I missing something?

lauvhk
02-02-2010, 07:31 AM
@rollems

There is NO free Bone Dragon around in Scarlet. He is talking about the Call of Death scroll which yields ANY undead unit as long as your leadership permits.

@KongMysen

If you use any creature container each time, it will change the units you can get from Call of Death, Song of the Wind and Call Colossus, without the hassles of hoping from one island to another.

KongMysen
02-02-2010, 08:30 AM
Does that mean that you can quickload after getting Cursed Ghosts from a Call of Death Scroll, use an egg, recast Call of Death and get another unit?

Sorry if I'm slow.. I never really used the wanderers scrolls because of the randomness

Petwin
02-02-2010, 09:58 AM
Yes.

Quicksave -> use scroll -> unsatisfying result -> quickload -> use egg or sprout -> Quicksave and repeat.

I used 12 eggs/sprouts to finally get a Bone Dragon.