PDA

View Full Version : Mission Completed?

condorz38
02-01-2010, 05:16 AM
Just finished a dogfight 1 on 1 and got mission completed. The score was 1 to 1, but I still got a mission completed. I was killed first then I shot down the other player. Mission completed came up; scoreboard read kills 1 crashes 2 stars 1 for both players. I cannot understand this, as other games have been the same and I get the mission failed message. So my question is, does this mean in an even match does the player with the last kill get the win or is this just a one off mistake?

Spitfire23
02-01-2010, 11:31 AM
strange, i can't offer you any advice but i have however been in afew matches from which both players scored equally, yet both of us lost.

the only thing i can say is that maybe it chose the winner from highest accuracy?

kozzm0
02-02-2010, 08:14 AM
This is one of the many mysteries of BOP. Just wait till you try to figure out the leaderboards.

My theory is that the developers are watching the match for entertainment, and if they liked your kill better, they break the tie in your favor.

f1rebrand
02-02-2010, 08:38 AM
This is one of the many mysteries of BOP. Just wait till you try to figure out the leaderboards.

My theory is that the developers are watching the match for entertainment, and if they liked your kill better, they break the tie in your favor.

I'm beginning to believe your theory about the developers. One a dogfight 5-0 last night and plummeted 200 places down the leaderboard! I think I'll get an X-Box.

Robotic Pope
02-02-2010, 11:17 PM
I'm beginning to believe your theory about the developers. One a dogfight 5-0 last night and plummeted 200 places down the leaderboard! I think I'll get an X-Box.

The tie game mission failed/completed thing happens on xbox too though.

I don't think the game ever chooses who wins out of the tie. All people tied with the same score at the end of the game get the same message. So everybody wins, OR, everybody looses.

Iv'e been in games were 3 people have tied and ive asked them what did it say, completed or failed, and they always have the same as each other.

Obviously ties happen more often on 360 than PS3 because crashes do not effect final score whatsoever.

I haven't been able to work out how the game decides between win or lose it feels completly random.

I really hate it when i'm trying to unlock weapons and Im winning up until the final few seconds when someone with a lot more deaths than me draws equall in kills, and I get a mission failed message.:-x:-x

kozzm0
02-03-2010, 04:39 AM
I think if everyone gets more deaths than kills, everyone should lose, tie or not.

Lately I've been working on BnZ and concentrating on getting more kills than deaths. For some reason, I've moved up the dogfight and tdm boards again.