PDA

View Full Version : Higher magic and all its fun

SnowDream
01-28-2010, 01:38 AM
Hello:

I am having a little trouble understanding higher magic lv 2. When Amelie has that skill, and she heads into combat, the book icon fist read 4/4 spells. I use one trap spell (1st level, 5 MP) and suddenly it says 1/4 spells. So... am I doing something wrong or is the 4 casting/turn just a typo? Would it be the same for higher magic lv 3?

Thanks.

DGDobrev
01-28-2010, 01:45 AM
This means you can use the spellbook 4 times twice per round provided the first spell is 15 mana or less. When you use it 2 times in a turn, it will start showing 3/4. The second time you do so will result in 2/4, the third time in 1/4. This is the counter that shows how many times you can use the book twice per battle.

There is also a grey line that lets you know how many casts do you have in the current round.

There has been no bug regarding higher magic, and I, for one, never had such a problem and I do play Mage a lot, so you most likely used the spellbook 3 times twice per turn in this battle already.

SnowDream
01-28-2010, 04:47 AM
Thank you for the fast reply! Could you clarify what you meant by "4 times twice per round" though? I understand each round to be when every unit has a turn. So using spellbook means clicking on it without casting?

travelingoz
01-28-2010, 05:59 AM
It means you can cast 2 spells in 1 round up to 4 times in each battle.

Eg: On Higher Magic Level 2
Round 1: 4/4 cast 2 spells
Round 2: 3/4 cast 1 spell only
Round 3: 3/4 cast 2 spells
Round 4: 2/4 cast 2 spells
Round 5: 1/4 cast 1 spell only
Round 6: 1/4 cast 2 spells
Round 7: 0/4 From now until the end of the battle you will only be able to cast 1 spell per round.

Note:
Each time you use 2 spells in the same round, the counter on the spell book reduces by 1.
The spells do not have to be cast consecutively, they may be cast at anytime during the round.
On Higher Magic 2, if you wish to cast 2 spells in the same round the first spell must cost 15 Mana or less.
A round ends each time all of the units on the battlefield have used all of their action points.

SnowDream
01-28-2010, 10:57 PM
Thank you!

Darn, I was hoping to be able to cast 6 trap in one turn too.

Locane
01-07-2011, 04:51 AM
The description for higher magic says that it allows players to cast lower level spells more efficiently - I interpreted this to mean lower mana cost.

Is that the case? Does anyone know?

Elwin
01-07-2011, 10:18 AM
nope, axtually it means you can cast onlly lower mana cost spells, if u wont 2 spells per round u must cast spell lower than 20 mana first. So for exemple u cant cast double lvl3 fire rain 2 times. Only lvl2 + lvl 3

Locane
01-07-2011, 07:37 PM
Aha. Thank you very much.