PDA

View Full Version : bleh bug with trap medal

jake21
01-19-2010, 06:23 AM
If I trap summoned bears (druid summoned bears by opponent) they don't count towards medal requirement :( Yes I am killing the entire stack.

Petwin
01-19-2010, 09:20 AM
DBDobrev wrote here: http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=11625 in the 2nd post:

The trap medal improves only when a trap kills a unit (both friendly or enemy) with the exception of summoned creatures.

jake21
01-19-2010, 01:40 PM
Yes but is it not still a bug ? btw it seems to be all medal spells (i.e, heal like wise does not seem to count when applied to summonns of royal griffons).

DBDobrev wrote here: http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=11625 in the 2nd post:

Mandea
01-19-2010, 01:55 PM
nope it's not a bug. but the medal isn't documented properly. you were misled. so was I.

azsportsfan
01-20-2010, 03:16 PM
Does the medal count increment if the trap was not placed by the player? Traps set randomly by the Trapper acheivement, or by the Trap artifact?

Urbz
01-20-2010, 04:35 PM
Does the medal count increment if the trap was not placed by the player? Traps set randomly by the Trapper acheivement, or by the Trap artifact?

Not sure, only one way to find out eh ;)

DGDobrev
01-20-2010, 05:03 PM

Yes, it does. Generally, as soon as you get 1-2 traps pre-set on the battlefield, the medal improves on its own :)

azsportsfan
01-20-2010, 06:56 PM
Yes, it does. Generally, as soon as you get 1-2 traps pre-set on the battlefield, the medal improves on its own :)

Thanks, DGD. I am at work and hence couldn't try it out.

DGDobrev
01-20-2010, 07:05 PM
You're welcome - this is why I consider this one of the easiest medals to get, while the general opinion seems to be quite the opposite :) The pain is till you get 10 from your own traps as a warrior or paladin, but as soon as you get 1 pre-set trap (it's worth a lvl 2 trap spell + 25% damage from lvl 1 Trapper medal bonus), it will gradually go up on its own, as long as you kite the enemies on the field of battle to land on it for a last hit :)

Zechnophobe
01-20-2010, 08:21 PM
It is a hard medal because you have to go far out of your way to get it. most other 'cast spells' medals at least are easy to figure out (though take a while to get). This one you have to first learn how it works, then take extra mana to kill units that weren't a threat anyway.