PDA

View Full Version : Song of the Wind: for Sea Dogs?!

loreangelicus
01-17-2010, 10:09 PM
I pulled up the wanderer scroll Song of the Wind from a chest while fighting at Bolo, and got ecstatic and looking forward to pulling out DRAGONS it.

So after the battle, made a base save, then used it; and out came a bunch of SEA DOGS. :confused: I reloaded, and re-read the spell description, and it should be pulling out flyers or "wind-lovers". But Sea Dogs? Maybe they like sailing a lot, and greatly enjoy the sea wind blowing on their face? :grin: This is a bit of a stretch, yes?

Anyways, after using up all types of eggs in my inventory, totaling to around 21 combinations, the best I could get was royal griffins. Given that I was this early in my no-loss impossible warrior game, the dryads and other types of fairies were out of the question. The royal griffins are undeniably useful, but my droids with archmage magic shield support are doing just fine right now; the two repair droid stacks sometimes even do some light tanking/blocking as necessary, and their movement of 5 make them excellent chest-fetchers.

So does anyone know of the complete list of creatures that can be pulled from Song of the Wind? Maybe there are some other "wind-loving" creatures like the Sea Dogs that I do not know of? :grin: Else, I'll chalk this up as another useless wanderer scroll to sell. The only 3 so far that I know of that are keepers are: Call Colossus (at early levels, or for bone dragons), Ancient Knowledge (for level 60 push), and Call of Death (for black knights/bone dragons). Some others are useful, but not really "keepers".

DGDobrev
01-17-2010, 10:17 PM
Well, this is what Song of the Wind can summon:

Pirates, Sea Dogs, Lake Fairies, Tree Fairies, Highterrants (!), Dryads, Griffins, Royal Griffins, Fire Dragonfly, Lake Dragonfly.

loreangelicus
01-17-2010, 10:36 PM
Well, this is what Song of the Wind can summon:

Pirates, Sea Dogs, Lake Fairies, Tree Fairies, Highterrants (!), Dryads, Griffins, Royal Griffins, Fire Dragonfly, Lake Dragonfly.

I see that the Pirates enjoy the sea breeze as well. :grin:

On my 21 something tries I pulled all of those (including the Hayterants) except for the Pirates. So nothing really useful except maybe royal griffins and dryads, and that depends on your level/spells/other units.

Oh well, off to sell yet another useless wanderer scroll... at least you get good money from them.

Zechnophobe
01-18-2010, 04:25 AM
I'm curious to try out early hetterants. They have a pretty cool summon ability (If I recall, the egg is 'hostile' and prevents ranged attacks). So fly over, drop big egg, etc etc.