PDA

View Full Version : New Player Help please

rollems
01-17-2010, 06:15 PM
i got this game 2 days back and struggling at Lvl3. i am looking for basic game guides like. (playing as Paladin)
what kind of army to build?
how and when to use spells?
how to fight in the 1 on 1 battle field? strategies
how to know which unit to engage with what unit in battlefield ?
is there a way to find gold ? or just keep pressing D while moving ?
any other gameplay guides for Noob :(

please help... or point me to guides.

thnx a lot

Hento
01-17-2010, 07:07 PM
http://www.celestialheavens.com/kingsbounty/hs-en.htm

You have everything there, including units of all races, so study them, see what kind of talents and defences and resistances each unit has.

rollems
01-17-2010, 09:44 PM
thnx for that link its really helpful.

but i am also facing problem in strategies etc during battle.
and what kind of army to make.

i am a complete noob

DGDobrev
01-17-2010, 10:24 PM
Well, my favorite army consists of one tank, 2 damage dealers (preferably 1 of those is a backup tank), and 2 support units.

A tank is someone with 20% or more physical resistance (because most of the enemy troops inflict physical damage). Damage dealers can be both close combat or ranged units, and support units are the ones that can resurrect your troops or boost your tank's defenses (Like the Archmage).

It will be very hard to give you a strategy, as everything in the game is random and there's no telling what you can expect.

This is why I offer you to try a game on easy difficulty and learn the game through. Experiment with various lineups and you will be fine.

Hento
01-17-2010, 10:43 PM
From previous thread(this is not random and is the best strategy)-

Here is what you do, avoid all battles, explore all that you can gathering money and flags until you get to Bolo Island, then buy Guard and Repair Droids(avoiding a lot of enemies of course) and buy some in reserve for later leadership.

If you want zero losses aka win fights without loss to increase your leadership(check medals), use only droids and separate Repair Droids into 2 groups so they can repair each other(later if you get phantom spell you can stack repair droids in 1 stack and then phantom droids would repair them).

Then go back to original island and start playing like you would...you can kill everything with no losses, occasional stone skin and careful positioning.

I always get droids before I start my first battle, mostly because I like them.

P.S..
You can kite enemies, provoking them to follow you, then you make a U turn in area with enough space(you can actually get to level 4 just by exploring and visiting experience shrines)
And don't forget that you have quick save/load.

loreangelicus
01-17-2010, 11:54 PM
Well, if you have never played a turn-based strategy game like this, I suggest playing on Easy mode first. Play it only for a couple of fights (around 10 battles) since Easy would become really easy (and boring) once you get the hang of the game, then play on Normal. Don't even try Hard or Impossible unless you have either finished a game on Normal or have read thoroughly a lot of the posts in this forum.

While most of the units and items to be found in the game are random, the developers have been kind enough to make some units fixed and always there in the game, especially at the starting islands when the game is at its hardest.

For the first island (Debir) you could use the following: Inquisitors, Priests, Royal Thorns, Griffins (from griffin eggs), Royal Snakes.

For the second island (Scarlet) get the archmages and drop the Griffins from your lineup since you most likely cannot recruit any more of them at this stage of the game.

For the third island (Bolo) go straight to the shop that sells droids. Get a stack of Guard Droids, and get Repair Droids split into two stacks since they can't repair themselves, but can repair other droid stacks. Complement these three droid stacks with archmages and royal thorns; you can drop all other unit types, this lineup will take out all enemies out there with no casualties at all.

All the units I mentioned above are always there in a game.

Note that you don't have to kill all enemies in one island; simply skip them for later when you are stronger, but do try to go into all battles and just see if you can kill them anyways (and just reload if you are unsuccessful).

That's it for now, I'm sure by the third island you would have gotten the hang of the game.

Oh, and the easiest character to play is the paladin. Make sure you prioritize increasing the Glory skill in the mind tree (top right in the tree). This skill increases your leadership, which means you get to use larger number of troops.

rollems
01-18-2010, 03:56 AM
thanx loreangelicus i will play with easy now. and will use the units you advised

DGDobrev and Hento. i hear you but i am very very new also this my first turn based game, also i dont understand when you say Tanks, droids what are they ? are all units categorized?
is there a list where i can read about which units categories are available and how they perform against what ?

also when i enter a battle is there a way to know how a unit will perform against enemy type and what type. so i engage accordingly.

thnx guys for helping really appreciate it.

Hento
01-18-2010, 04:19 AM
1.tanks are units that have high health, high defense and high physical resistance, for example knights, paladins and guard droids are tanks

2.units are categorized by races like in the link I gave you(you can see droids there under dwarves) and lots of equipment adds bonuses to specific races so one race army is preferable for greater synergy

3.in the battle, by holding shift and clicking on any unit you can see all info about that unit, what type of attack it has, speed, resistance, initiative(very important because units with highest initiative will act first in a round).

For example spiders and snakes have poison damage so guard droids and repair droids, which have 80% resistance to poison, will receive very little damage.

Basically, you just have to read the unit infos, everything is logical.