PDA

View Full Version : O/T Rise of Flight

Houndstone Hawk
01-16-2010, 05:23 PM
Removed

Soviet Ace
01-16-2010, 05:47 PM
I heard that RoF, was very well accurate. And that you really have to keep an eye on engine temp., fuel mixture, and other major things to make sure your plane didn't over heat or fall out of the sky during those days. Great videos, and good salesmanship at the end, Hawk. :P

hypertek
01-16-2010, 05:58 PM
how does it compare to over flanders field?

phlux
01-16-2010, 06:35 PM
Freakin’ brilliant Hawk! I wish I was closer to that new rig than I actually am, but I can live vicariously through these vids. You can make as many of these as you want, I’ll watch them all!

Yakoff
01-16-2010, 06:51 PM
Looks VERY cool. I just don't want to upgrade my computer to make it run smoothly. I wish they made it for Xbox.

Houndstone Hawk
01-16-2010, 08:14 PM
Looks VERY cool. I just don't want to upgrade my computer to make it run smoothly. I wish they made it for Xbox.

That's the sad thing about it. X360 & PS3 are well capable of hosting flightsims of this calibur now that there are console flightsticks on the market & just a moment away from motion tracking. It just needs one brave dev or publisher to put a RoF-esque title to console to see what happens. Let's not have this half-assed attempt at flight games on consoles. I want a combat flight game to be very involving aswell as fun. I wanna start & finish on the ground & I want realistic physics & a decent track replay function to wash it all down. Not much to ask. Theatrical musical scores & soft black screen edging is cake icing; it's ok if all the important fundamentals are in place. (Apologies to the regulars as I go over trodden ground once more).

RoF, like all other PC-based flight sims, has dumbed down controls if needed, aids everywhere, so there is no excuse for anyone not to be able to have some form of enjoyment but the real meat is slowly delving beneath the surface to find a truly mammoth & immersive experience.

the_somme
01-17-2010, 07:32 AM
very nice vids! and that landing wasn't all that bad was it? my look like that every time.

i haven't had a decent computer in 10 years, i simply cannot afford it as i'm at university. so it seems that i will miss out on games like OFF, ROF and SOW. i just wish they came to consoles also. as someone stated earlier, it is possible. there are no longer any excuses for not making a real sim game for the consoles. the technology and gadgets are there.

i remember some years ago i was having this discussion and people would say things like there isn't enought buttons on a controller and there aren't any flightsticks that are good. that has changed now. there are good flightsticks for both consoles and if you could also use the controller with the little keyboard thing that you can attach to it (at least on xbox) there will be more than enough buttons to fiddle with. motiontracking will also be standard within console gaming in the near future so thats another step in the right direction.

here's to hoping:)

stealth finger
01-23-2010, 01:14 PM
mate, thats the best one youve done yet