PDA

View Full Version : Newbie questions

oceanclub
01-15-2010, 11:46 AM
I bought it cheap on Steam this week and am liking it so far, despite the fact I'm still confused about many things.

1. Fights alternate between hard and easy - is this deliberate? Am I somehow meant to be able to tell which enemies are higher level _before_ I engage them in battle?

2. Once I engage a higher level enemy, I can either fight to the inevitable death or run away. But if I run away during the battle, I still lose my entire army. What's the point of it?

3. In the fight screen, there's a number and up/down arrow beside each character - what is that?

4. The health stats/damage stats I see when I right-click on a character seem to bear no relation to the scrolling damage counters I see when attacks are made.

5. As a mage, when exactly can I cast a spell? There seems to be no on-screen indication I can do this, so I end up simply spamming the B (Spellbook) key during battles until my spellbook opens. Can I only ever cast one spell per round, or can this speed be upgraded at any point?

I'll probably have a few more questions at some point... cheers,

P.

Elwin
01-15-2010, 02:52 PM
1. enemies are marked as weak strong overpowering so u can know which are stronger ones ... actualy it only means their leadership is greter much than yours. Still yo can beat some impossible enemies with propoer tactics.

3. numer you are refering to is probably order os moving for current turn. But i am not sure which numer you mean exactly.

4. dont realy get this one

5. LOL. You have speelbok icon .. its grey when u cant cast. And blue when u can. I tought its absolutely obviuos. Mage can have higher magic skill to cast more than once per turn

oceanclub
01-15-2010, 03:28 PM

1. enemies are marked as weak strong overpowering

How is this indicated - a colour, an icon...?

3. numer you are refering to is probably order os moving for current turn. But i am not sure which numer you mean exactly.

I'll put up an explanatory screencap later...

4. dont realy get this one

It's possible I was confusing the health of _each_ soldier in a stack, with the stack itself.

For example say a soldier has a health of 10. A stack of 10 would therefore have a combined health of 100? In which case, see 30 damage done on the stack is actually not odd, but makes sense.

LOL. You have speelbok icon .. its grey when u cant cast. And blue when u can. I tought its absolutely obviuos. Mage can have higher magic skill to cast more than once per turn

OK, didn't notice the icon - I was too busy watching what opponents are doing and thinking of my own tactics.:)

Regards,

P.

Razorflame
01-15-2010, 03:34 PM
when there is a soldier

having 10 attack and the quanty is 100 then it doesn't mean the attack will be 100x

attack is fixed damage however is counted ^^

for example

i have 100 soldiers having 10 attack
i'm attacking other solider that have 5 defense

then i would do 2/3 more damage on them ^^
if the defense is 10 then u do normal damage

the higher your attack the mroe bonus u get with damage
:>

Elwin
01-15-2010, 06:42 PM
1. right click on enemy ~~ it will be written, also if u have scouting skill it can tell more about enemy army

oceanclub
01-17-2010, 11:56 PM
Thanks for the replies. I was wondering - is it possible to increase the difficulty mid-game? I started by game on Easy. I'm a level 8 Mage right now, and finding battles against most foes way too easy.

Cheers,

P.

Elwin
01-18-2010, 12:20 AM
its not possiblle. And yes easy mode is just insanely easy ;p

Erkilmarl
01-18-2010, 05:51 PM
@ Oceanclub: You can rightclick on an enemy troop far away and behind terrain obstacles, you don't have to go near. It's fun to sneak around or to run past powerful enemy to fetch something valuable. You can get caught, though, like a troop combined of priests and pirates and marked as strong did to my hero. Still I won with very few losses. Then again, I have lost against two cyclops maked as slightly weaker!