PDA

View Full Version : Joystick PS3 help needed.

Vampyre
01-15-2010, 04:32 AM
Hey
All

This is my first game on PS3. I am finally coming over from PC. But I cannot get the game to configure for anything. I am trying to use a old Microsoft Sidewinder Joystick I have and it works fine except NO THROTTLE control!? Pushing the throttle (which is on the joystick) up or down does nothing.

Any suggestions on how to fix? Or a good replacement joystick for the game?

Thanks

Vampyre

InfiniteStates
01-15-2010, 09:39 AM
There's a sticky at the top of the forum with reviews of various joysticks for PS3...try there ;)

EDIT: here - http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=11825

fangface666
01-15-2010, 06:31 PM
I had the same stick sitting around upstairs so thought I'd look into it for you, basically it wont work.

I used the same process that got my saitek x52 working, but it would seem the PS3 wont recognise the throttle on the sidewinder (as you stated) and on top of this there are not enough buttons to make it feasable, unless you were intending on using a keyboard as well!

Sorry bud, but its either learn to use the pad or get a newer stick I'm afraid. ;)

siteseeker
01-15-2010, 08:14 PM
thrustmaster t.flight is a cheap joystick ... shipped to my door for $30... works pretty good for me... i couldn't use the controller for playing for anything.