PDA

View Full Version : HORI EX Flight Stick, xbox 360 review.

markyboyacebassist
01-10-2010, 10:20 AM
I received the package from Hong Kong within 10 working days, which is amazing considering it was ordered just before Xmas.
Well packaged & protected, my first impression was the solid construction & excellent build quality. (after using the AV8R which I think is excellent value!)
So I guess you get what you pay for!
There are two controls,the left being the throttle(which you can adjust for tension.) also on the throttle control you have the LB button,a D pad, rudder control & back button(lowers under carriage on IL2)
Microphone settings are also here.
The right control is the flight stick, standard set up,the top houses a D pad, a coolie hat control which has a twin control feature, view cam when moved & camera setting when depressed (3rd person,gunner, cockpit view.)
A start button is located on the top leading edge of the stick.
Y,B & X buttons complete the top controls.
There are two trigger controls, the top one being the A button & the lower acts as your camera target lock.
On the base the microphone socket & Xbox button are located.
This flight stick is perfect for IL2 BOP!
All the settings function & work perfectly, once you get used to the two handed set up, you will not want to stop flying!
I highly recommend this flight stick & I know they are getting scarce as they were produced as a limited edition.
It also looks very cool in black as opposed to the green & cream Ace Combat 6 model!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdvTGTZMj8Q

Hope you all understand Japanese! (no Zeros on IL2!!)

Yakoff
01-10-2010, 01:57 PM
Thanks for the review. That DEFINITELY looks like something I'd be interested in. Is there some kind of attachment provision (suction cups) on the bottom of the two controllers that allow you to keep it stationary? Do the brakes work?
What website did you order your flight stick from? Thanks

markyboyacebassist
01-10-2010, 02:08 PM
Thanks for the review. That DEFINITELY looks like something I'd be interested in. Is there some kind of attachment provision (suction cups) on the bottom of the two controllers that allow you to keep it stationary? Do the brakes work?
What website did you order your flight stick from? Thanks

Hello matey,
Here is a link to the shop I bought my flight stick from.
Yes it does come with 4 suction cups to secure to a level surface.
No unfortunately there are no brakes, I hope when the patch comes out there is a fix (as promised) for flight sticks.
You will not regret your purchase, especially as there is meant to be a sequel to IL2 BOP!:grin:
The price varies according to the rate of the $ against the £.

http://www.gamebaz.com/?a=i&i=21039

imnotgeoff
01-11-2010, 04:36 PM
can someone post the control setup for over g fighters if anyone plays that,iv just ordered my hori stick an wana kno what its like thanx

The M00ps
01-12-2010, 01:54 AM
can someone post the control setup for over g fighters if anyone plays that,iv just ordered my hori stick an wana kno what its like thanx

Sorry, not gonna work. The throttle and rudder are swapped in Over G, and can't be remapped regardless of what flight stick you use AFAIK.