PDA

View Full Version : Very peculiar discovery - future new troops/companions?

RYTEDR
01-08-2010, 07:56 PM
So I was just perusing through the game files of the new giftbag mod and I found unitpaths for troops that are not currently in the game. I'm thinking these are placeholders for units that may be included later in future mods, perhaps even from the bonus disk included with the gold edition. It's all quite interesting, take a look:

TWO NEW COMPANIONS:

The dragon Aliskar, last of the dragon-werewolves.<br>[s]- Fights on the battlefield alongside your regular troops<br>- Deals one-third damage to all dragons<br>- The power of Aliskar depends on the power of the hero<br>[sys]Hobby: [d][use] fighting

Interesting, a sort of avatar-esque companion. I assume Aliskar must become pretty kickass, as there can only be one of him.

The sly and rather greedy leader of the goblin tribe of Uzal. He agreed to travel with you after his defeat.<br>[s]- Completely heals allied goblins<br>- Little goblins inflict 150% damage on level 5 creatures<br>- Catapults inflict 125% of their base damage<br>[sys]Uses: [d]teaches troops; sells Happy Water<br>[sys]Charge: [d][use] battle.

Awesome. I'm all for everything that buffs anything other than humans and elves. :D I wonder what Happy Water does, and what does "Heal" mean? As in heals them every round on the battlefield...? Doesn't seem very useful unless he resurrects...

NEW TROOPS:

races=
units=archmage,runemage
level=
perc=10:40
kolvo=0
prob=100
ext=-1
fillt=2
}

Runemage? Sounds like a possible level 5 human troop to me. I happened to notice that the archmage and runemage are almost always paired together in embryos, so they have to be related it has to be human, most likely. I'm picturing that the runemage will look like those red archmages that are in Greenwort at the start of the game and that they will either be damagers or buffers.

races=
units=priest,druid,alchemist,ingeneer
level=
kolvo=0
prob=100
ext=-1
fillt=2

Engineers appear to be a new dwarven unit, but I'm having a hard time thinking of their use. Summon droids? Build turrets or something similar? Barricades? I could see them giving buffs to droids as well.

races=
units=shaman,shaman_blood,goblin_shaman
level=
kolvo=0
prob=100
ext=-1
fillt=2

Two new shaman units? Goblin shaman and blood shaman. Hmm, lots of possibilities here, with maybe the goblin shaman being some sort of ranged unit that buffs goblins up. The new companion works well here. Who knows what kinda talents they both could have, although the blood shaman sounds very...violent...naturally. :grin: I'm thinking of a sort of blood-bond type of ability would be interesting, where he and a stack of your choice share 50% of any damage inflicted on them. ;) Makes me drool in geeky possibilities...

price=60000
maxcount=1
level=4
race=neutral
setref=set_madman
use {}
fight {
{
filter {
belligerent=enemy
unit=bonedragon,blackdragon,greendragon,reddragon, infernodragon,infernodragon,infernodragon_young,in fernodragon_old

Infernodragon is PROBABLY Aliskar, if I had to guess. :P EDIT: Actually, seeing as this is an item that affects ENEMY troops, it might not be Aliskar...but that's kinda weird. I wonder...

filter {
unit=pirat_ghost,ghost,ghost2
}
pbonus=defense,-3,0,0,-100,0,0
dbonus=
rbonus=
attack_on=
attack_off=

Ghost pirates, oohhhh. New undead unit finally?! 2+ morale in naval battles + 50%+ attack at night = omg uber? If only there were cemeteries on boats or beaches...

races=
units=orc,orc2,orc_hunter
level=
kolvo=0
prob=10
ext=-1
fillt=2

Orc ranged unit (maybe with a bow like in the original KB) that has mediocre range and a stronger melee attack? It'd give the orcs a ranged unit that could benefit from dragon arrows and various items and etc.

races=
units=ogre,ogre_chieftain
level=
perc=20:40
kolvo=0
prob=10
ext=-1
fillt=1

Ogre chieftain? Ogres are already level 5 creatures! My guess is that since ogres are technically the (statwise) weakest level 5 creature, and also the cheapest...I guess that the ogre chieftains will be the "proper" level 5 unit.

filter {
belligerent=ally
unit=archmage,bowman,druid,elf,elf2,footman,footma n2,horseman,knight,paladin,peasant,priest,priest2, robber,robber2,werewolf,runemage,witch_hunter

Witch hunters. Awesome. What sorts of things do you think these guys could be capable of?

filter {
belligerent=ally
unit=thorn,thorn_warrior,kingthorn,ent,ent2,dryad, satyr

The last one I found (I might've missed some). This one is quite exciting, as I've always liked goatmen for some reason. I wonder if they're going to go for the more monstrous satyrs or the more attractive ones. I'm guessing the latter, as I'm sure it'll be an elf unit, maybe with strike & return and a few flute-related talents.

Anywho, I just thought I'd share this with my fellow KBers. :D Discuss if you'd like. Swap ideas, etc. I'd love to see the creative juices flood in.

Zechnophobe
01-08-2010, 08:34 PM
Good stuff! Either this is derelict and old code, or new and awesome sneak peeks at future content. I'm thinking perhaps the latter given that they are planning a content pack with new units and stuff.

Love the idea of a Companion who can fight alongside you. I am guessing probably like Agvares in that he is not under your control, and has to 'rest' in between fights, but still very cool concept.

RYTEDR
01-08-2010, 08:55 PM
I don't believe it is old code, as I don't recall finding any of that in the older files. I've seen a couple of the new units added to old items as well, so they are definitely new. Very exciting stuff.

If he does control himself, let's hope he is incredibly powerful, or else I see a lot of weredragons dying off very quickly due to the AI's dumb mistakes.

Elwin
01-08-2010, 09:11 PM
very nice find, what is the file which in it is written?

RYTEDR
01-08-2010, 09:49 PM
very nice find, what is the file which in it is written?

You can find the info on the companions at sessions/items_pack/localization/eng/eng_items

Scroll to the very bottom and you'll find it.

For the units it's in sessions/items_pack/new_items/items. You'll have to scroll around in it to find, I'm afraid. They're all over the place.

EDIT: Oh, and I encourage people to go and search themselves if they'd like to. :D I didn't start noticing these until I was a good ways into the documents, so I could've missed a bit of goodies. Lovin' the support KB is getting! I was praying new content would continue rolling in.

RYTEDR
01-08-2010, 10:32 PM
Sorry for the double post, but I think I found some more info on some new content:

chat_system_841965711_switch_0_header_13=^?^Take care of your mages around these grim fellows! During the times of the War of the Mages, battle mages were sent to other lands to hunt witches of great power.<br>These hunters are well protected from spells, and it is difficult indeed for any mage to stand against them. But on the other hand, they are hardly threatening when confronted by ordinary warriors.

Witch Hunters, no doubt. So THAT'S what they are. Anti-caster units...awesome!

chat_system_841965711_switch_0_header_14=^?^My goodness, I can scarcely believe it – fauns! The most evil and unpleasant creatures in all the forest. Do not let them lull your soldiers to sleep, and if by chance one suddenly drops off, then by all means awaken him immediately! Otherwise the fauns will work their nightmares on them, and poof! -- your troop is lost. But there is one good thing about them – they die quickly.

Annnd the satyrs. Weak, sleep-inducing nightmare-causing troops. They sound fun.

Sammich
01-10-2010, 11:49 AM
Sorry for the double post, but I think I found some more info on some new content:

chat_system_841965711_switch_0_header_13=^?^Take care of your mages around these grim fellows! During the times of the War of the Mages, battle mages were sent to other lands to hunt witches of great power.<br>These hunters are well protected from spells, and it is difficult indeed for any mage to stand against them. But on the other hand, they are hardly threatening when confronted by ordinary warriors.

Witch Hunters, no doubt. So THAT'S what they are. Anti-caster units...awesome!

chat_system_841965711_switch_0_header_14=^?^My goodness, I can scarcely believe it – fauns! The most evil and unpleasant creatures in all the forest. Do not let them lull your soldiers to sleep, and if by chance one suddenly drops off, then by all means awaken him immediately! Otherwise the fauns will work their nightmares on them, and poof! -- your troop is lost. But there is one good thing about them – they die quickly.

Annnd the satyrs. Weak, sleep-inducing nightmare-causing troops. They sound fun.

Oh wow Ranny, this is a great discovery, I love it all! NOW we can speculate this over a warm cup of coffee together, bahaha... By the way, I JOINED. WOO. You bugger! <3 Why couldn't you just tell me instead of showing off your awesomness on some forum?! XDD

RYTEDR
01-10-2010, 12:33 PM
Oh wow Ranny, this is a great discovery, I love it all! NOW we can speculate this over a warm cup of coffee together, bahaha... By the way, I JOINED. WOO. You bugger! <3 Why couldn't you just tell me instead of showing off your awesomness on some forum?! XDD

Sounds good, babe. Thanks for the shameless bumpage as well. :D <3 And I wanted you to join because it's oh so lonely without you, so I needed SOMETHING to lure you here. ;)

Direwolf
01-11-2010, 04:13 PM
Alright you two....get a room already :grin:

Seriously, good job m8...very interesting info...if only we could get someone from 1c to comment.

cheers,
DW

RYTEDR
01-13-2010, 01:23 AM
Oh c'mon Direwolf, let me have some fun in my own thread, will ya'? ;)

Anyhow, although this is slightly different, I found THIS while examining some of the old unit files. Just some talents that never appeared in the game that might in the future, I suppose:

Hidden elf talent(?), this was also not located in the hunter's file. Only elf:

aiming {
class=spell
picture=BA1_Aiming_
picture_small=BA1_Aiming_small.png
hinthead=special_aiming_head
hint=special_aiming_hint
spell=special_aiming
moves=1

No idea what this could be...

Ancient Ent talent:

}
}
rooted {
class=scripted
moves=1
script_attack=special_rooted
script_calccells=
attack_cursor=magicstick
picture=BA1_Change_
picture_small=BA1_Change_small.png
hinthead=special_change_head
hint=special_change_hint
custom_params {
HP=100
duration=10
}
}
digout {
class=scripted
moves=1
script_attack=special_digout
script_calccells=
attack_cursor=magicstick
picture=BA1_Change_
picture_small=BA1_Change_small.png
hinthead=special_change_head
hint=

If I had to guess, this roots the ancient ent in place for the maximum of 10 turns and doubles the ent's health while rooted. Fits well with it's uber-tank qualities.

Dunno. Just a bunch of interesting things hidden in these source files. :D