PDA

View Full Version : Are bowmen worth buying?

CyberGuy
01-07-2010, 08:40 PM
Are bowmen worth buying?

I find them somewhat weak, even if I have a crossbow.

Does anyone use them a lot? I did use them a lot at one point when I have all human troops (inquisitors, knights, horseman, paladin, bowmen) which give me good morale.

DGDobrev
01-07-2010, 08:46 PM
Well, they are worth it for the first few levels - I'd say 1 through 7. After that they tend to die way too easily and you won't be able to do no-loss victories if you keep them in your army.

They can also be helpful in getting the battle alchemy medal right from the start.

TemjinGold
01-07-2010, 09:01 PM
They have a good damage to leadership ratio (much better than priests) but they're too flimsy for me.

Metathron
01-07-2010, 09:23 PM
Well, they're much better than in KB:TL, on account of fire doing a lot more damage now.

Zechnophobe
01-07-2010, 10:12 PM
They are a decent troop, and I could imagine using astral bow + Poison Dagger + Whip of Pain to make them a killing force. However, KBAP tends to work more on the side of big beefcakes than little shooters.

I would think them okay if you often surround them with a stone wall.

DGDobrev
01-07-2010, 10:46 PM
Their only problem can be summarized with 1 word - bosses :) You can imagine how many of them can die by a single mass attack from a boss :)

lauvhk
01-08-2010, 12:56 AM
For starter, it worths until you get the Emerald Green Dragon in Rusty Anchor... unless you don't want it.

Ok get it serious. If you prefer an all human army, go for Archmage instead. It adds more value to your existing lineup.

joasoz
01-08-2010, 07:30 AM
I use bowmen in the beginning. Their frost arrow will slow a stack down and that can be very useful. The burning arrow will also give burning damage for a few rounds to a target. Not bad for the first levels.

BMiBudster
01-09-2010, 02:30 PM
Are bowmen worth buying?

I find them somewhat weak, even if I have a crossbow.

Does anyone use them a lot? I did use them a lot at one point when I have all human troops (inquisitors, knights, horseman, paladin, bowmen) which give me good morale.

yes they are very very good ranged units to use... their special arrows are very useful and the only major downside to them is they get targeted alot by the comp ai which is very annoying... i use them and always will because they are just perfectly handy.

and they arnt good until late game they are good for the whole game with the right units to back them up... im at the end of the game with no trouble at all with bowmen in my army.