PDA

View Full Version : They Should Add the Japanese "Zeroes"

Oh DeaR iTz GaZ
01-07-2010, 07:51 PM
It would add to the great experience of CTA

FOZ_1983
01-07-2010, 08:06 PM

Wouldnt look to good in the european theatre to be honest :( so i'll suggest giving this one a miss.

Perhaps though add one of the following two -

De Havilland Mosquito
P38 Lightning

They would add a new dimension to the game. Both Twin engined allied planes and fast to. Both widely used and simple enough, without gettingall wierd and throwing in experimental planes etc in their. I personally wouldnt use the P38 as it just doesnt do it for me (though it would for many others) but i would without a shadow of a doubt use the Mossie!

Wishful thinking though TBH about getting ANY planes in this game on top of what their already is. I think what you see is what you get now. Nothing new until a sequel (if it happens)

stealth finger
01-07-2010, 08:41 PM
I personally wouldnt use the P38 as it just doesnt do it for me (though it would for many others) but i would without a shadow of a doubt use the Mossie!

Hell yeah!

Oh DeaR iTz GaZ
01-07-2010, 09:14 PM
Hey Foz I hear you play simulator? if thats the case could you give some kind of "tutorial" for online I want to play as I Hear its fantastic! but nobody i know plays it so im knida looking for help...

FOZ_1983
01-07-2010, 09:32 PM
Hey Foz I hear you play simulator? if thats the case could you give some kind of "tutorial" for online I want to play as I Hear its fantastic! but nobody i know plays it so im knida looking for help...

Hi mate.

I took a break from "combat flying" due to so many issues, so dont really fly online anymore unless its either to help someone out or unless ite "free flight" which i love. Though your right i do only tend to fly simulator.

Firsty what you want to do is change your elevator sensitivity because on sim mode if you keep it at the top hen you'll stall and spin every 10 seconds. Your best having it anywhere between halfway and the top depending on what plane your flying.

Know what your flying to and also what your enemy is flying. Use your skills to your advantage and play on his weak spots.

Most of the fights in sim happen down low to the floor to so try to always keep your target in sight and watch out for the floor. To get used to sim try a training mission with sim mode on against say.... 4 or 5 enemy 109's just to give you the basics of getting used to the views, stalls, spins etc.

Its not something you will pick up overnight, and chances are in your first few games you will get slaughtered. Dont let this put you off, it happened to us all :D but as you play more you'll soon pick it up. Its a case of trial and error.

If you get stuck or need help then just start a thread on the forum and you'll have help from all the sim players in no time :)

The_Goalie_94
01-07-2010, 10:13 PM
NO ZERO'S...I LIKE MY PLANES NOT TO BE MADE OF TINFOIL! I absolutl hate Japanese planes. Most are just copies of American and Russian planes...actually thats the same for everything...cars...trucks...trains...bikes...boat s...? Would like a lancaster though. I think another HEAVY BOMBER for a night mission in MP would be sweet!...and a grand slam...whooo!

Soviet Ace
01-07-2010, 11:11 PM
Unless for some reason, they added a Pacific theater map, with an American Wildcat or something, then no the Zero shouldn't be in BoP. It would look out of place with the European setting. Though they could add an American Wildcat, and have you flying off the USS Ranger in North Africa or something like that. :D

Also@: Goalie- Japanese planes aren't so bad, it's just that most of the Zeros, Oscars, and other Japanese planes had their fuel takes close to the fuselage in the wings; and with the lack of self sealing tanks (which added some weight) and lack of armor (which would have made the Japanese planes TERRIBLE to fly) they easy burst into flames. But if you haven't read SAMURAI by Saburo Sakai (read it like 5 times, great account too.) then you'll see that Japanese planes aren't so bad when handled and known well by their pilot etc.

In 1946, I used to fly the Zero from time to time on the Chinese and Pacific Maps, and did well against those flying Wildcats, Hellcats, and other planes that outgunned me. And if Japanese planes are copies of American planes, then I'd say the Japanese got it right because they are some of the best well known handling, maneuverable, fast, and all around agile planes in WW2.

Oh DeaR iTz GaZ
01-07-2010, 11:21 PM
lol im surprised no one understood my joke

FOZ_1983
01-07-2010, 11:26 PM
lol im surprised no one understood my joke

Erm....

nope. Enlighten us?

Houndstone Hawk
01-07-2010, 11:29 PM

How is that a joke??? :confused:

SgtPappy
01-08-2010, 12:55 AM
Hopefully, the next game won't be broken, and we'll have it in the Pacific with our favourite planes, including your A6M Reisen, Ki-84 Hayate, Spitfire VIII :) , F4U Corsair and the USAAF's best scoring plane in the early part of the PTO war, the P-38 Lightning.

Just a suggestion heh.

kozzm0
01-08-2010, 02:54 AM
Though they could add an American Wildcat, and have you flying off the USS Ranger in North Africa or something like that. :D

Also@: Goalie- Japanese planes aren't so bad, it's just that most of the Zeros, Oscars, and other Japanese planes had their fuel takes close to the fuselage in the wings; and with the lack of self sealing tanks (which added some weight) and lack of armor (which would have made the Japanese planes TERRIBLE to fly) they easy burst into flames. But if you haven't read SAMURAI by Saburo Sakai (read it like 5 times, great account too.) then you'll see that Japanese planes aren't so bad when handled and known well by their pilot etc.

not bad is an understatement, zeros usually outmaneuvered the f4f easily, at one point losses were so heavy they had to be forbidden to engage zeros

it would be better to have the f6 hellcat which was more of an even match

but putting Pacific theater planes in IL-2 would be stupid. Unless they invent a "what if the USSR helped attack Japan instead of the US dropping the bomb" scenario. Then you'd have zeros attacking il-2's. Not that the Soviets had any real navy to launch them from.

My favorite pacific theater plane that I know from another game is the p40 warhawk, it has a light engine but it's a great little plane. And it was used in Europe some too. They should add the p-40.

Spitfire23
01-08-2010, 05:35 AM
I agree kozzm0, The P-40 Was a great plane, excellent at low altitude dogfighting. I personally think the F/L variant would be a great addition to the game especiallly with its Merlin engine. The climb rate with the P-40 wasn't Brilliant but the turn rate was decent enough.

Maybe add the "Shark Mouth" scheme to it ;)

InfiniteStates
01-08-2010, 09:43 AM
How is that a joke??? :confused:
Because CTA is full of kamikaze noobs? lol

I didn't get it until he pointed it out...

SEE
01-08-2010, 10:05 AM
CTA....the joke is an observation of the Kamikaze tactics used by some players to win the CTA matches and maybe they should be flying a ...............I got it.....now!

:grin: Damn! Infinite replied before me

FOZ_1983
01-08-2010, 11:34 AM
The point of being a kamikaze pilot was to destroy your target ;) or any target for that matter.

The only players that really try to kamikaze online are the rookies..... and they still miss hahaha! :D

I feel safe on the ground when i know they are flying around above me.

F14 TOMCAT 204
01-08-2010, 11:34 AM
easiest way to counter that is play on sim, they cant ram you if they cant see you ;)

Spitfire23
01-08-2010, 11:39 AM
easiest way to counter that is play on sim, they cant ram you if they cant see you ;)

Yeah true, but you gotta get into a CTA sim game first :grin:

FOZ_1983
01-08-2010, 11:41 AM
Yeah true, but you gotta get into a CTA sim game first :grin:

Then your just not looking in the right places.... or playing the wrong console ;) lol.

Spitfire23
01-08-2010, 11:51 AM
Then your just not looking in the right places.... or playing the wrong console ;) lol.

Haha Touche, i knew something like that would crop up with you being on the forums. To be honest i would buy a 360 to play the game with you guys but moneys a tad tight at the minute to fork out on another console just for one game, plus there is the online fee to consider

FOZ_1983
01-08-2010, 12:14 PM
Haha Touche, i knew something like that would crop up with you being on the forums. To be honest i would buy a 360 to play the game with you guys but moneys a tad tight at the minute to fork out on another console just for one game, plus there is the online fee to consider

Works both ways mate. I'd only buy a PS3 for blu ray (the online play with 360 im led to believe is far superior??) but then again i'e got over 200DVD's so they would become useless.

Its a case of each to their own mate. :D

Houndstone Hawk
01-08-2010, 12:14 PM
Because CTA is full of kamikaze noobs? lol

I didn't get it until he pointed it out...

Ahhh!! Thanks man. I'd never have got that as I BoP is one title I don't play online. :rolleyes:

FOZ_1983
01-08-2010, 12:15 PM
Hakw your location thing is driving me mad :( lol.

What are you? a star??

Houndstone Hawk
01-08-2010, 12:19 PM

What are you? a star??

Oh sorry man I forgot that was still up there. Hey bloody good answer btw, it's the moon!!! Inspired by the song "man in the moon" by 90's rock band 'Imperial Drag' Could only find a dubious live recording on youtube though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNVM1oPESc0

Steyr_amr
01-08-2010, 12:25 PM

What are you? a star??

Was pondering about that too, but the "satellite" reference means he could maybe be the moon? I dunno it's stumped me

Steyr_amr
01-08-2010, 12:26 PM
Oh sorry man I forgot that was still up there. Hey bloody good answer btw, it's the moon!!! Inspired by the song "man in the moon" by 90's rock band 'Imperial Drag' Could only find a dubious live recording on youtube though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNVM1oPESc0

Ah goddamnit! That's what I get for going to make a cup of tea in the middle of a post! *kicks self*

EDIT: Sorry about the double post

FOZ_1983
01-08-2010, 12:26 PM
Haha, was worth a guess. It always caught my eye everytime i saw you post anything. Glad i know the answer now :D

Houndstone Hawk
01-08-2010, 01:03 PM
Ah goddamnit! That's what I get for going to make a cup of tea in the middle of a post! *kicks self*

EDIT: Sorry about the double post

LOL!!!!! Just great when that happens. Hey well done for guessing it!!! :grin:

InfiniteStates
01-08-2010, 01:28 PM
I'd only buy a PS3 for blu ray (the online play with 360 im led to believe is far superior??) but then again i'e got over 200DVD's so they would become useless.

Its a case of each to their own mate. :D
PS3 Upscales DVDs really well, so you buying stuff again on BluRay is pretty pointless IMO (I have a serious DVD collection too). And the online works well for the most part, although voice-comms are dicey at best. But then it's free :)

But yep - each to their own...

Panzergranate
01-11-2010, 07:23 PM
Actually the Westland Whirlwind would be more interesting than the Mosquito.

Zeroes...... Bacofoil and Balsawood death traps. They are the true one hit wonders, though the rest of the Japanses WW2 aircraft wasn't any better.

Having flown them in Battle Stations Midway and Pacific, all I can say is that they're OK until hit and then they fall apart quicker than a Chinese motorcycle.

They were also only able to out perform the US P-40 and F4-F fighters.

Though the Zero could out turn the P-40 Warhawk, F4-F Wildcat, F3-A Corsair and F4-U Corsair, they could not out turn the F2-A Buffalo or F6-F Hellcat.

Remember that the Zero has no self sealing fuel tanks, no armour and a weak magnesium airframe as the costs for nimbleness and agility. The engine isn't that powerful when compared to Allied aircraft in 1941 either.

Nope, I'd rather the Westland Whirlwind and P-38 be added into BOP.

FOZ_1983
01-11-2010, 09:05 PM
Actually the Westland Whirlwind would be more interesting than the Mosquito.

Zeroes...... Bacofoil and Balsawood death traps. They are the true one hit wonders, though the rest of the Japanses WW2 aircraft wasn't any better.

Having flown them in Battle Stations Midway and Pacific, all I can say is that they're OK until hit and then they fall apart quicker than a Chinese motorcycle.

They were also only able to out perform the US P-40 and F4-F fighters.

Though the Zero could out turn the P-40 Warhawk, F4-F Wildcat, F3-A Corsair and F4-U Corsair, they could not out turn the F2-A Buffalo or F6-F Hellcat.

Remember that the Zero has no self sealing fuel tanks, no armour and a weak magnesium airframe as the costs for nimbleness and agility. The engine isn't that powerful when compared to Allied aircraft in 1941 either.

Nope, I'd rather the Westland Whirlwind and P-38 be added into BOP.

Why would the whirlwind be better? It wasn't really an iconic aircraft such as the wooden wonder.

BUT - its what we want as individuals mate :D so i respect what your saying about wanting it. We all have our own choices.

Soviet Ace
01-11-2010, 09:39 PM
I WANT TO FLY A DAMN SOVIET YAK-3!!!..... oh wait..... I mean a Soviet Pe-2!! That would be fun to fly; and are in 1946. Maybe even add in a TB-3!? :P

PantherAttack2
01-11-2010, 10:07 PM
Maybe even add in a TB-3!? :P

Hahaha :-P

I love that plane because I think it's so funny.

GabeFan
01-11-2010, 10:58 PM
Oh sorry man I forgot that was still up there. Hey bloody good answer btw, it's the moon!!! Inspired by the song "man in the moon" by 90's rock band 'Imperial Drag'

Cool! I have that album. Good Stuff. I'm also a HUGE Jellyfish fan. Saw them 3 times in concert before they broke-up... :(