PDA

View Full Version : Random heroes?

joasoz
01-07-2010, 08:22 AM
Hi ppl

I am on my third go at the game playing as Mage on Hard (both 1 and 2 ended on Verona due to low money). On my first two tries I was learning the game and not focused enough on details (like getting Grand Strategy for the +Leadership).

This time though I have Grand Strategy, I have two items giving me +30% critical strike and I have ancient phoenix doing wonders. I am now back at Verona and doing fine with 180 000 gold, Royal Griffins, Inquisitors, Royal Snakes, Giants and Palandins.

Then to my question. On my second round playing I avoided the Hero on Verona with an army of excecutioners and went to the area with the two weak bear armies (north towards the bridge crossing to the next continent. This time though this Hero is also there, BUT there are also at least two extra heroes that I just cannot remember from my last game. Are there random Heroes or am I dreaming? One of them is patrolling at the pier/castle in the main area of Verona. He is pale and shiny like a ghost (level 22 or something). Another is further towards the bridge and he looks like giant. I believe I even saw a third that was a firefly.

Is it just Alzheimer on my part?

Elwin
01-07-2010, 08:28 AM
Alzheimer. Heroes like mortro are random .. but they randomity is that they can be in any location, but they do appear in every game. Mortro is one of the most random i saw him in many different locations(montero,elon,verona etc). Some like Halt are only either on verona or in montero.

joasoz
01-07-2010, 08:38 AM
Not quite Alzheimer then. Since I havnt played beyond Verona I havnt seen them before. Halt is one of the ones I am talking about. Would be better for me if he were later in the game cause I will have to use Wanderer spells to beat him now.

I am considering using a couple of wanderer spells to do some difficult fights now. The Heroes are about level 22-25 and I am level 19. If I level up once more I can finally add my third giant :)

Elwin
01-07-2010, 08:48 AM
well verona or montero is almost no diffrence, so halt here or there makes no difference ~~

joasoz
01-07-2010, 08:51 AM
Well, since Verona is first I would expect to be 3-5 levels stronger at Montero. If the enemies are about the same Montero should be easier than Verona for me. Time will tell.

Thanks for the quick answers!

TemjinGold
01-07-2010, 01:25 PM
You shouldn't need to waste Wanderer Scrolls. Enemy hero level means practically nothing.

joasoz
01-08-2010, 06:59 AM
I killed Halt and the ghostlike guy yesterday. Although they were listed as lethal they were both pushovers in the end.
Now I only fear the guy which has only executioners in his army.

joasoz
01-08-2010, 07:00 AM
And yeah, I didnt use wanderer spell

Mandea
01-08-2010, 07:07 AM
that hero is very easy to kill. his only spell seems to be "demon portal". I never had any problems with him.

joasoz
01-08-2010, 07:33 AM
I guess he just looks scary :)

The executioners speed is only 2, but they have running. I usually start my battles by attacking with ancient Phoenix. Then the executioners will possibly use the running towards the Phoenix and not me. It would be very useful. Depends on how long the Phoenix survives.

Mandea
01-08-2010, 08:08 AM
some traps might also help.

joasoz
01-08-2010, 10:43 AM
I just got trap so I have no medals and level 2 trap. Still, it does stop them from moving much. I can put out two a round the first two rounds

Urbz
01-08-2010, 11:45 AM
I just got trap so I have no medals and level 2 trap. Still, it does stop them from moving much. I can put out two a round the first two rounds

you could also use slow if you hacvent yet that is.