PDA

View Full Version : Hosts who quit

siteseeker
01-05-2010, 05:55 PM
this is really getting on my nerves... not so much players who quit in the middle of a game... but someone who hosts and is doing well and all of a sudden quits... screwing everyone playing that game. do the kills you make during such a game count??

really got to me last night in a 30 minute CTA game with 5 per team... 3 quit and left me and another NOOB as food for the lions :rolleyes:

InfiniteStates
01-05-2010, 06:07 PM
not so much players who quit in the middle of a game... but someone who hosts and is doing well and all of a sudden quits...
If the host is doing well and then quits, it's more than likely that they lost connection, or the game locked up on them.

It's happened to me a few times, and it's pretty embarassing - it's even worse if you're actually getting owned because then it just looks like a childish tantrum.

I have a feeling (PS3) that kills do count, because I'm pretty sure I've seen the unlock screen after a disconnection.

markyboyacebassist
01-05-2010, 06:07 PM
Very annoying I agree! The only consolation being that the host gains nothing (points wise!) from being such an arsehole!!:evil:

f1rebrand
01-05-2010, 06:28 PM
Agreed, this is infuriating. This often happens to me in one to one DOGFIGHT. If I've scored a few kills I let them into the game so they don't pull the plug - out of sheer frustration. Best policy is to host your own games I guess. If someone else is hosting avoid dogfights with UNLIMITED time.

siteseeker
01-05-2010, 06:35 PM
i quickly look at their profile to see what i'm up against... not all big guns are good sports.

lost cause
01-06-2010, 03:14 AM
When the host leaves the game is NOT saved. Watch the upper right corner after every match and, at the summary screen, SAVE is flashing up there. Not so when the host quits. You go to the summary screen, but there is no save. You can't keep kills or points if the game is not saved, right?

haitch40
01-06-2010, 08:56 AM
thats another thing that should be fixed if the host quits another person should host

InfiniteStates
01-06-2010, 10:25 AM
If you're hosting a 1v1 and the other guy quits, the game still ends. It will however leave 2 people flying around on the same team...?!

McQ59
01-07-2010, 01:50 PM
Yepp... Quitters are annoying!

Of cours it happends once in a while u loose connection or the entire game falls over, but that seldom happends if the game is "up and flying". The big problem (or annoyance) is when the host quits deliberately on some reason. Mostly because he/she is loosing a game.

"Host-ethics" says u fly the game through. At the end of it you where the one to invite in the first place. (And by all gods and devils... We all have been shot down, messed up, humiliated and grinded to pieces up there! It's the only way to learn how to play any given game).

Personally I "ban" hosts that don't stand to loose a game and quits when I have hurt theire feelings a bit. The ones who playes it to the end despite the result, I almost allways send a friend-request. They show The Attitude!

But then again... It's just a game!

f1rebrand
01-07-2010, 02:03 PM
Well said, McQ59.

KAV
01-07-2010, 02:22 PM
I understand hosts who quit, depending on the reasons, but bad sportsmanship does make me feel pitty for the bastards quitting.
I have even experienced that the host quit the game due to "WRONG" team building ! This really sucked as you hang out in the lobby for some time just to make a missed game.

When this is sad I must admit that I myself have been the reason for lost games for some. Being a parent for some 3 and 5 years old, not all evenings are quiet and they need attention during a dogfight :evil:
In flying mode I practice to just keep my plane flying by itself, being an easy prey and leave the game running. If in lobby, as creator, I choose to quit instead of leaving fellow flyers hanging in the lobby for whenever I return.

This just to say sorry, and to make you guys see more reasons for why things may happen.

crashhappy1980
01-09-2010, 10:30 PM
hey im new to this site and i play all the time and host alot of games most of the time i get beat pretty bad and never quit but sometimes my ps3 sucks and disconnects the game so if i've ever had a game with any of you and that happened im sorry im not being a bad sport

Zeroptimus
01-11-2010, 12:21 AM
Ugh. I'm getting tired of this as well. Especially if I'm in a really heated match (Like 3 on 1, and still barely managing to win), and the host quits at the first sign of trouble. Just got out of a huge match (5 on 5 team battle?! I haven't had one of those in like, two weeks!) and the host quits three kills in to the match. Disgusting. I try to host my own games to avoid this, I really do, but almost no one wants to join me. It's ever so lonely...

Rotor Trash
01-11-2010, 01:18 AM
i dislike hosts that try to run 8/8 rooms...

condorz38
02-03-2010, 01:53 AM
If the host is doing well and then quits, it's more than likely that they lost connection, or the game locked up on them.

It's happened to me a few times, and it's pretty embarassing - it's even worse if you're actually getting owned because then it just looks like a childish tantrum.

I have a feeling (PS3) that kills do count, because I'm pretty sure I've seen the unlock screen after a disconnection.

It depends on what you mean by count. Your score and the game are not saved so you lose all that. But kills for unlocks, landings for achievements and such are a simple count mechanism. If you kill 10 planes and the host quits, the kills count toward an unlock.

Gilly
02-03-2010, 06:48 AM
In a similar vain there's an increasing number starting 2 player games for 3 minutes just to try and unlock planes/ weapons. Always amuses me in strike when I enter and they immediately start the countdown clock. I just wait until there's 5 seconds remaining and select the B17. Chances are they quit immediately or as soon as the first bomb drop goes down. I had one guy start a 1941 20 minute game in Stalingrad only to then quit less than a minute from the end with only a handful of points remaining!
I appeciate that games go down and there's nothing any of us can do but I always make a point, if I'm hosting, of sending an apology to those affected even if it's out of my control. the same goes if I accidently kamikazee someone as I don't consider that to be 'cricket'.
Maybe we need a name and shame thread for the worst 'host quits' offenders????

f1rebrand
02-03-2010, 07:51 AM
In a similar vain there's an increasing number starting 2 player games for 3 minutes just to try and unlock planes/ weapons. Always amuses me in strike when I enter and they immediately start the countdown clock. I just wait until there's 5 seconds remaining and select the B17. Chances are they quit immediately or as soon as the first bomb drop goes down. I had one guy start a 1941 20 minute game in Stalingrad only to then quit less than a minute from the end with only a handful of points remaining!
I appeciate that games go down and there's nothing any of us can do but I always make a point, if I'm hosting, of sending an apology to those affected even if it's out of my control. the same goes if I accidently kamikazee someone as I don't consider that to be 'cricket'.
Maybe we need a name and shame thread for the worst offenders????

I always feel bad when I've rammed a bomber. It's not intentional, I just get a bit over zealous sometimes leaving it too late to veer away. One might argue that ramming and rocketing is cricket if there are a couple or more B17s on the opposing team. ;)

Gilly
02-03-2010, 08:21 AM
I always feel bad when I've rammed a bomber. It's not intentional, I just get a bit over zealous sometimes leaving it too late to veer away. One might argue that ramming and rocketing is cricket if there are a couple or more B17s on the opposing team. ;)

Rockets I have no issue with as if the planes got them then feel free to use them. As they aren't particularly accurate (unless at point blank) then it's in the lap of the gods as to whether they make contact. It's more the persistant 'ram the bombers' that get me. I'm no ace when it comes to hitting targets but I'd rather back off and try again if I'm going to collide rather than just smashing into them. And yes it does happen as you say accidentally which I do accept but persistant offenders really annoy me. Sadly as with life your always going to get the dummy spitters who get off on it but then they'll never progress in the game.

BRIGGBOY
02-03-2010, 01:41 PM
yeah people that ram bombers annoy me so much. I live in bomber county and have 4 old ww2 bomber airfields within a 15 mile radius of my house and one of them RAF Hemswell was home to squadron 1 LFS (Lancaster Finishing School) so needless to say i like to fly a bomber so if i get some fag who cant shoot me down i have one peice of advice for them: stick that finger up you arse instead of on the trigger and dont bother.

f1rebrand
02-03-2010, 01:51 PM
Yeah numb nuts RoNubz kept doing that to a H-111 last night.

siteseeker
02-03-2010, 02:53 PM
had a guy in an Arado ram me repeatedly the other night in Strike while flying a B17... can't remember who it was though....

The_Goalie_94
02-03-2010, 07:53 PM
I was in a capture the airfield match, it was 3 on 2 in favour of the other team in a 20 minute match. three minutes into the match my "wingman" (who kept getting shot down because he was in a heinkel he-111). It ended up being 3 on 1 and i was in a spitfire MK II. I lost the airfield (to be honest i never did get it) but i made it my mission (after an attempt to lure the three planes awa from the airfield and make a break for the field because they were in much slower planes) that i would just fight till' the end. I ende up getting shot down 3 times and getting 20 something kills. I crashed a few times (accedent :'( ) but other then that flew well. It was under realistic and the other planes were an IL-2M a I-153 (little bugger) and a P-51B (who kept landing at the airfield. I ended up getting the MK-XIV out of it and used it for the first time in the next match which was the same thing in arcade though...even the whole 3 on 1 thing.

Anyway the quitters were: the gamertag had Apple Jacks in it. And he's like a 5 year old, hard to miss. The other was Venom something. (Sorry i'm bad with GT's.)

nuklhed808
02-03-2010, 11:30 PM
this is really getting on my nerves... not so much players who quit in the middle of a game... but someone who hosts and is doing well and all of a sudden quits... screwing everyone playing that game. do the kills you make during such a game count??

really got to me last night in a 30 minute CTA game with 5 per team... 3 quit and left me and another NOOB as food for the lions :rolleyes:

yup, this is definitely annoying. just this morning i was handing 2 bomber pilots their rear ends, flying a 109 k-4 in a strike match, when the host (one of those bombers) ended the game. i think of myself as a fairly new player, so it felt good to finally be on the delivering end of the spanking, because i have been on the receiving end many times to the likes of RATTMAN, olife, Cranny, etc. but stayed through the entire battle... hey, chalk it up to a flight lesson from the best in the game!

Robotic Pope
02-04-2010, 12:54 AM
I was in a capture the airfield match, it was 3 on 2 in favour of the other team in a 20 minute match. three minutes into the match my "wingman" (who kept getting shot down because he was in a heinkel he-111). It ended up being 3 on 1 and i was in a spitfire MK II. I lost the airfield (to be honest i never did get it) but i made it my mission (after an attempt to lure the three planes awa from the airfield and make a break for the field because they were in much slower planes) that i would just fight till' the end. I ende up getting shot down 3 times and getting 20 something kills. I crashed a few times (accedent :'( ) but other then that flew well. It was under realistic and the other planes were an IL-2M a I-153 (little bugger) and a P-51B (who kept landing at the airfield. I ended up getting the MK-XIV out of it and used it for the first time in the next match which was the same thing in arcade though...even the whole 3 on 1 thing.

Anyway the quitters were: the gamertag had Apple Jacks in it. And he's like a 5 year old, hard to miss. The other was Venom something. (Sorry i'm bad with GT's.)

You shouldn't really name names anyway. You also can't know exactly why they quit, could easily have got disconnected.

And about that I-153. Could possibly have been flown by the same person (that I wont name) that I flew against in CTA a couple of days ago. I got to tell you I was THAT CLOSE to quitting the game thanks to him. Kamakizing and cheap unlimited bombing nonstop and only 5 sec re spawn. In realistic mode that plane,flown like that, with those game selections, just breaks CTA games and is absolutely no fun for the players on the other side.

I-153 + CTA = CHEAP

siteseeker
02-04-2010, 06:03 PM
yup, this is definitely annoying. just this morning i was handing 2 bomber pilots their rear ends, flying a 109 k-4 in a strike match, when the host (one of those bombers) ended the game. i think of myself as a fairly new player, so it felt good to finally be on the delivering end of the spanking, because i have been on the receiving end many times to the likes of RATTMAN, olife, Cranny, etc. but stayed through the entire battle... hey, chalk it up to a flight lesson from the best in the game!

i know the feeling :grin:

Rosemeyer78
02-05-2010, 01:10 PM
Definitely annoying.
Thanking the desaparecidos i happened to end up an attack missions alone with a H111 against 3 or 4 Spitfires .. But winning! Great satisfaction ... If i lose, i learn the lesson, i'm not leaving..

siteseeker
02-05-2010, 01:22 PM
Definitely annoying.
Thanking the desaparecidos i happened to end up an attack missions alone with a H111 against 3 or 4 Spitfires .. But winning! Great satisfaction ... If i lose, i learn the lesson, i'm not leaving..

know what you mean... i've lost countless times... but i don't quit.

Gilly
02-05-2010, 01:33 PM
Definitely annoying.

In situations like that I find stealth a great help. Hide in the skies, way above then drop in directly over targets! You can get high enough to not even be on their radar and go over the top. About 20,000ft difference is needed so if they're at 5 you have to be at 25. Admittedly the target site wont come in till about 14,000ft but it'll give you enough time for two full drops. Pre-patch I would do it especially in the sciliy coast as you could clear 1200 points in a single run from above!!

kozzm0
02-05-2010, 02:14 PM
I'm annoyed by anyone who quits for no good reason, host or not. If there's many players, you can't tell if they quit on purpose or not. But usually when I start a 1-on-1 fight against a new opponent, it turns out they have all the bad habits they learned in free-for-all: flying too slow, flat on the ground, and without a good sense of maneuvering in 3-d. And they quit when they get destroyed. I used to cut people slack, but now all I do is fly to high altitude so they can see me immediately when they respawn.

The way I see it, if you can't stand being schooled, you'll never learn anything.

But there are good reasons for quitting, on rare occasions I've pulled the plug for:

) blatant or repeated kamikaze in strike and airfields
) ramming bombers deliberately (as opposed to misjudging distance in a weave or bnz strafing pass, which is more effective when close)
) player disconnects that leave the sides too unbalanced

olife
02-05-2010, 07:19 PM

hello
u are a very good meaning,and with the practice u will win a lot of games i m sure.
good hunting