PDA

View Full Version : Definitive CD release date?

rickah88
01-05-2010, 03:28 PM
Just wondering if anything has been worked out on this front? I know making mods is fun, and appeals to the 50, or so diehards on here...but don't you REALLY want to get this game out to the masses?? This has to be one of the worst release strategies I've ever seen(forget Diablo3). Why the big waiting game on getting the game pressed, boxed, and shipped out?? Amazon already has Torchlight due in a few weeks and that just streamed last month as well!!

Metroplex
01-05-2010, 04:48 PM
Game is already out on DVD, search the boards...
Diablo 3 is a joke, it's the modern version of Duke Nukem Forever...
Torchlight is basically Diablo 3 since some of the developers of the original Diablo and the composer were involved in it and if you compare the screenshots they look alike.:)

jake21
01-05-2010, 06:06 PM
Torchlight is NOT diablo 3; it is a repeat of FATE. I'm not a huge fan of diablo or fate or torchlight but for the records the games are not the same (i did like titan quest).

Torchlight is basically Diablo 3 since some of the developers of the original Diablo and the composer were involved in it and if you compare the screenshots they look alike.:)

rickah88
01-05-2010, 06:58 PM

I don't see it available at any of the big retailers in the US(Amazon, BB, Wal*Mart, etc), or on ebay for that matter. Care to provide a clearer reference other than "search the boards"?

jake21
01-05-2010, 07:09 PM
It is avaialble in the internal market; don't think it is available yet in usa (though the download version works just fine (I went with steam but others use gamergate and impulse).

I'm kind of curious how sales via digital download compare to dvd. I know that torchlight has done fairly well without a dvd version (of course there has been $5 specials the last couple of weeks; as well as $10 dollar special for KB-AP).

Btw I much rather have a DVD version of this game but to be honest the digital version has been fine.

I don't see it available at any of the big retailers in the US(Amazon, BB, Wal*Mart, etc), or on ebay for that matter. Care to provide a clearer reference other than "search the boards"?

rickah88
01-05-2010, 07:30 PM
@Jake,

Thanks for the info! I did the whole DL thing with the original Fate from "Wild Orb Tangent" I think it was called back then...anyway it did not run very smoothly. I eventually got the DVD-ROM and it played flawlessly. Call me "old fashioned" (and I'm only in my 30's!!!!) but I like to have: the media, booklet, and all the pretty pictures!

Urbz
01-05-2010, 08:12 PM
@Jake,

Thanks for the info! I did the whole DL thing with the original Fate from "Wild Orb Tangent" I think it was called back then...anyway it did not run very smoothly. I eventually got the DVD-ROM and it played flawlessly. Call me "old fashioned" (and I'm only in my 30's!!!!) but I like to have: the media, booklet, and all the pretty pictures!

Everyone is free to have their own opinion to be honest, so dont worry.
Personally I was skeptic towards steam and paypal at first too but now i'm loving it ( a bit too much actually, bought a few too many games because there were so many cheap offers :rolleyes: )
Shame you missed out on the 10 euro offer for KB:AP onsteam awhile back, mightve been worth buying it cheap online first while wiating for the dvd release.

Anyhow I can assure you this game is well worth the wait!
Goodluck getting a dvd copy hopefully soon. :)

rickah88
01-05-2010, 08:25 PM
@Urbz,

Thanks for the vote of confidence! I guess I was hoping Mr. "Nike-it" would appear and say: "The DVD-ROM will be release on ........". I suppose they are too busy churning out dorky mods, as opposed to getting the US edition on the shelves.

Metroplex
01-06-2010, 06:54 AM

Ships to America, land of the free and the star spangled banner:
http://www.yesasia.com/us/kings-bounty-armored-princess-english-version-dvd-version/1021656822-0-0-0-en/info.html

Hope that helps!:grin:
P.S. Torchlight is an action RPG just like Diablo and Titan Quest, Fate and all the others, see the screens and you'll see the similarities, just because you don't have as many classes as Diablo doesn't take away the fact all you do is button mash the mouse button quite a lot, hunt treasure, slay baddies and do quests.

Ryder
01-07-2010, 03:29 AM
I bought it off Ebay (Australia) yesterday and it arrive today. Installing now.

Breadfan
01-08-2010, 02:19 AM

Only in Asia!
We were told a European release was due "very soon after Christmas".
Christmas in what year? It cannot be nearly out, seeing as none of the usual sites even have it listed under `forthcoming releases` or `pre-order`.
Apart from that Christmas reply to another thread, 1C have said nothing about the release for months, since the "watch this space" post in the stickies.
Very poor strategy, and dreadful lack of communication.

rickah88
01-08-2010, 09:10 PM
@Breadfan,

I agree totally! As I said, it's like the gameplan was to get the product out so the 50 diehards on here can tear it to pieces then maybe in 2010 it will be widely released. I sispect 2 or 3 more dumb mods will be released before we see the "legit" version show up in American stores. That's fine, I've got Torchlight coming in a few weeks. The marketing team for 1C should be shown the door for such a horrible roll out.

rickah88
01-28-2010, 04:22 PM
Wow....still no hard news on a US DVD release...Where are all the "admins", probably making foolish mods. Great job 1C, by all means, keep up the good work(NOT)!

Zechnophobe
01-28-2010, 07:44 PM
I think most copies of KBTL that were sold, were done so via electronic means. The 4 or 5 people who actually need a 'hard copy' are simply the pariahs. No need to be so angry about it.

WhYdOyOuThInKtHaThApPeNeD
01-29-2010, 10:53 PM
Thanks for that Yesasia link to get the DVD version Metroplex. But does anyone know if that DVD version is legit or just a burned disc with home made box and art? That Yesasia place is the only retailer I could find by searching Google that sells a hard copy. How is it the ONLY place that has access to a hard copy DVD for sale? Can anyone from 1C confirm it's legit?

rickah88
02-02-2010, 02:06 PM
I think most copies of KBTL that were sold, were done so via electronic means. The 4 or 5 people who actually need a 'hard copy' are simply the pariahs. No need to be so angry about it.

Do you have any stats of links to back that up?
Not being angry, as I'm having a great time playing Torchlight & Dragon Age. I just think it would be nice to have the choice to either buy a hard copy, or purchase a downloadable. Unlike you, I don't like to be "force-fed". I like to have options. As for 1C, I think they're shooting themselves in the foot with this title. As for being a "pariah", please explain...I believe that "the 4 or 5 people that need a 'hard copy' " far outnumber the 1 or 2 geeks that are downloaders. Last time I checked Amazon's 'hard copy' sales were pretty popluar, ditto for Best Buy, ditto for Wal-Mart...etc etc.
Again, enjoy the 1 or 2 mods that 1C is ever so dedicated to rolling out. Isn't funny how NONE of the 1C people have popped in to enlighten us about a possible 'hard copy' release.
By all means, keep beta-testing it for me, so that when the 'hard copy' does come out, it will be that much better.

DGDobrev
02-02-2010, 03:23 PM
The beta testing was conducted by the russian players for over 6 months before the game was launched in English. Keeping this in mind, the people who play it now are hardly beta testers. This is why the games has very few irregularities (mostly in the translation) and almost no bugs.

Breadfan
02-07-2010, 11:33 PM

Pariahs? That`s really helpful, NOT!
What is wrong with wanting a physical copy of something you have purchased?
Have you never lost a downloaded item thanks to Micro$oft`s inability to write a stable OS?
Besides, just look at the release strategy for "The Legend". I bought my DVD version very early on, then later find that a `collectors edition` comes out with added goodies. I would have loved that, despite the added cost, but as I already have the game, I`m not going to buy a second copy, cheaper to make my own T-shirt. Thus, the publishers lost the chance of earning some extra income if the collectors edition had been available at around the same time as the vanilla release.
I`ve been a fan of the genre since the original KB (probably before that even , if you consider something like `Lords of Midnight` as a forerunner. I`ve never seen a publisher so hell-bent on hacking off its (potential) customers.
I only knew about "The Legend" when I saw a physical copy of it in the shops, and couldn`t believe my luck that a favourite game had been brought back to life. Just think how many potential sales may be missed when somebody walks into Game with 30 odd quid to spend, would those same people be browsing download sites? I think not.
Or perhaps you`re one of those people who are happy with a hard drive full of MP3 downloads, until it fails. At least if a cd fails, you only lose that one`s content, not the whole collection. Besides, there`s a kind of pride in ownership, especially with good box art and manuals (unfortunately, the manuals leave a lot to be desired, anybody else remember the fantastic `thick` manuals that accompanied the early HOMM games?)

Zechnophobe
02-08-2010, 12:14 AM
Well, it may be that these two things go hand in hand. KBTL sold a lot of copies via electronic means... because that was the delivery paradigm that was pushed for it. Keep in mind that for a smaller company, boxes are significantly more expensive than digital distribution. Honestly, if I were producing this kind of software, I would really consider trying to focus solely on the digital element. Also helps that you don't get so strongly tied to your publisher this way, and are future proofing yourself against the slow degredation of the physical market place for digital goods.

That's probably a less snarky way of saying what I did before.

Breadfan
02-08-2010, 08:29 PM
Well, it may be that these two things go hand in hand. KBTL sold a lot of copies via electronic means... because that was the delivery paradigm that was pushed for it. Keep in mind that for a smaller company, boxes are significantly more expensive than digital distribution. Honestly, if I were producing this kind of software, I would really consider trying to focus solely on the digital element. Also helps that you don't get so strongly tied to your publisher this way, and are future proofing yourself against the slow degredation of the physical market place for digital goods.

That's probably a less snarky way of saying what I did before.

Except, it doesn`t come in boxes, it comes in a plastic dvd case that even I can buy 100s of for pennies each.
They might sell quite a few copies by digital means, but if this is the only outlet available, what do you expect?
There are those who are fine with the download system, and those of us who prefer the solid physical media. We`ve been promised the latter several times now, yet it still shows no signs of appearing.
Chalk up at least one lost sale due to poor distibution.

Zechnophobe
02-08-2010, 10:58 PM
Just for the sake of argument though, maybe the overhead costs for boxed and dvd'd versions of the game is $10k. That's cost to mass produce the expected number, cost of distribution to retailers, and other things that I probably don't know to add up.

if the company doesn't expect to make a fair chunk more than that from retail sales, I can understand them not going that route.

Breadfan
02-12-2010, 06:17 PM
Just for the sake of argument though, maybe the overhead costs for boxed and dvd'd versions of the game is $10k. That's cost to mass produce the expected number, cost of distribution to retailers, and other things that I probably don't know to add up.

if the company doesn't expect to make a fair chunk more than that from retail sales, I can understand them not going that route.

So why do a physical release in just Asia, and promise the same for Europe and US, both of which are now well past their promised release dates.

It cannot be translation issues, seeing as the YesAsia copy is in English.
No wonder a quick search shows the game up on so many `warez` sites, the publishers are playing right into the pirates` hands.

rickah88
02-12-2010, 08:01 PM
@Breadfan,

I totally agree with you. Obviously it can't be an "overhead" issue if the Yesasia hardcopy exists. Perhaps it some sort of legal issue, with releasing in the US or Europe?? Again, I must say it's one of the worst marketing campaigns(or lack there of) I've ever seen.
Even more interesting, is you don't see any of the "moderators" jumping on this thread(which I started almost a month ago) to offer any explanations. It's brilliant moves like this that usually lead companies to bankruptcy! At least take a minute to say:
Nope, never coming out
-or-
We are working on it, and expect a release date of...

Zechnophobe
02-12-2010, 11:05 PM
Well, a thread moderator has nothing to do with the process. That's like asking your gas station attendant why the price keeps rising.

I hadn't realized there was ANY physical copy form of the game, and it rather nullifies my considerations. Since I don't mind digital version, I don't have any ill will towards them, though I am now a bit more curious about it.

Vomaxx
02-15-2010, 04:02 AM
This thread is very helpful to me because, having just started KB The Legend, I naturally thought I'd get Armored Princess soon. It has taken me a couple of days--I'm a little slow, sometimes--to realize that there is no DVD of this game available in the USA--that the game exists only via download. I do hope it comes out in physical form before I finish The Legend (although at the rate I'm going I don't have to worry before April or May, I guess.)

rickah88
02-17-2010, 04:06 PM
@Zechnophobe,

I'm pretty sure Mr. Nike-it is more than a thread moderator. It stands to reason that if 1C only releases AP via download as cost saving feature, then
their employees probably multi-task.

@Vomaxx,

I would not hold my breath on an April/May release. 1C thinks little outlets like: Amazon, Best Buy, Wal-Mart, etc are not big enough to sell their product to the masses. Meanwhile the 14 diehards on here having fun with their mods, and biased gaming sites offer useless awards. Color me impressed!

@ Nike-it,

Anything you'd like to add to this discussion? Thought so.

DGDobrev
02-17-2010, 04:13 PM
I wonder, what is the problem with a digital download? Saves you the money you will otherwise spend on package, saves you the troubles with corrupt or damaged CD/DVD's. You can burn the game to as many disks as you want because you have the activation key for it which you can store pretty much everywhere. Looks like a good deal without spending way too much money on the game.

rickah88
02-19-2010, 01:39 PM
@DGDobrev,

Good point...on the flip side, what's wrong with a hard copy release? How are all the other gaming companies so wrong? You would think that a small company like 1C should be doing it better than the bigger compaines.
For example, Torchlight was released via downloard then a short time later it was widely released on hard copy. Do you, honestly, think Daiblo3(just appeared on Amazon 3 days ago) will ONLY be released via download...Nope! Maybe many years in the future streaming will be the main source of entertainment(games, blu-ray, etc) right now the current infrastructure is not set up to handle that. People, like myself, enjoy owning a product(case, booklet, artwork, etc) not just doing a flash download.
Again, I encourage ANYONE from 1C to comment on this...it's their forum, afterall. Thought so.

Metroplex
02-21-2010, 08:06 AM
If you really want to get the hard copy, from a reputable site that sells legitimate copies and don't mind a bit of waiting as they have to ship it to America from New Zealand, then go here:
http://www.mightyape.co.nz/product/PC-Games/Kings-Bounty-Armored-Princess/3862601/
They send it by registered post so that if it gets lost in the mail, you're covered.:grin:
Opening wallets sound...:grin:

Metroplex
02-21-2010, 08:18 AM
Call me old-fashioned but I just love owning the hard copies of all the games I have, box, manual and a nicely stamped DVD...
Those that say digital downloads are better don't live in Australia where download limits apply, there is no such thing as 'unlimited downloads' available in our ISPs, and besides even if you were to burn the downloaded game all you end up with is an ugly burned DVD with the name written with black marker.
I'd rather do other things online than worry about downloading several GBs of games and wasting (and paying for) that bandwith as well as the game itself.
And what if the net was to go down, Steam went broke...:-)

Metroplex
02-21-2010, 08:43 AM
There must be a worldwide shortage of KB:AP hard copies as even eBay Australia has none left, and sadly the NZ link above has now run out of stock!
Sorry folks, seems it was a case of 'first come, first served', they're rare as hen's teeth now, at least I am glad I got my copy.

rickah88
02-21-2010, 02:40 PM
@Metroplex,

Hmm...kind of confirms my theory that there is a market for a hard copy! Gee, what a brilliant idea that would be: releasing a hard copy of the game. I wonder why nobody thought of that sooner!
But the good news is this: 1C is hard at work making sure the +2 flaming sword mod will be released in a timely fashion.
Kudos!

DGDobrev
02-21-2010, 03:15 PM
Well, I think you should buy the hard copy of the game now. You have the site, you have everything. What stops you from doing that?

rickah88
02-22-2010, 09:22 PM
@DGDobrev,

Clearly, comprehension was not your strong suit! As explained by Metroplex the site has run out of stock(which I confirmed). Furthermore, label me a goofy American but I try to buy from US retailers if possible(usually 99.9% of the time). It's called supporting the US economy, which is quite the tall task now isn't it? As a consumer I would like to have the official US release, not some overseas cracked edition...that's just me! As I've stated before I just wanted to know:

1) When?
2) If not, then why?

I didn't think that was such a tall order. Oh, I'm sure the OP's are busy posting another "glorious" review, or useless mod.

BTW: I'm ½ Polish, so please, spare me your "you offended the entire Eastern Block comment" from the other thread. I know my history, I don't spend all day downloading mods for games.
If you can't provide anything beneficial to this thread(that I started) please do me a favor and stop trolling.
My thanks in advance!

Zechnophobe
02-22-2010, 10:22 PM
@DGDobrev,

BTW: I'm ½ Polish, so please, spare me your "you offended the entire Eastern Block comment" from the other thread.

Well, I'm ½ an inconsiderate jerk, so that makes it okay for me to tell you that you are acting immature, whiney, and exhibiting a common 21st century 'entitlement complex'. So spare me from your arrogant aggressive behavior. You started a thread on the internet, this doesn't give you some sort of sovereign right over what information or views can be put there.

Your insufferable bleating has slithered under the skin of the good people of this forum, and I think we are all hoping you will take your mucus stained tendrils elsewhere. And if that means 1C gets 20 less
'goofy american' dollars, I think it is an injury those here would gladly endure.

Remember, I'm ½ an inconsiderate jerk, so all I said couldn't possibly be insulting.

Metroplex
02-23-2010, 08:00 AM
To rickah88:
I can assure you the NZ site sells legitimate copies not fake, bootleg software, I can vouch for that as I bought my KB:TL copy from them.
I understand you wanting to support the US economy by buying local, but sometimes you have no choice but to import the games you want, as I live in Australia some games are banned and can't be bought locally, Dark Sector, being one which couldn't so I lifted my middle finger to the idiots at the OFLC board and imported the UNCUT version, I still have it and it was a great game.:grin:
I hope the NZ site stocks up soon so that you can buy it, also check eBay, maybe someone will post some new copies for you to buy.
So far these are the only sites where KB:AP is available, sad really as what this game needed was wider exposure and wider retail outlets selling it.

rickah88
02-23-2010, 12:21 PM
@Metroplex,

I thank you for the confirmation of the NZ version. I do check ebay from time to time, so we'll see what happens. Again I appreciate your helpful comments.

@Pheobe,

I thank you as well, please get back to me when/if you graduate High School. Perhaps then you can actually "contribute" something to this thread, vs. hurling insults. So if you're ½ "inconsiderate jerk" which side of the family did you get that from? Mom or Dad? I'm sure they must be proud!
Allow me to offer some words of wisdom for you(free of charge):
Son...fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life!

DGDobrev
02-23-2010, 12:49 PM
It's all too well and good to throw insults, but the case you made had just shown a serious lack of consistency. You accuse other people, including me, of being not comprehensive (or not comprehensive enough) or do post that are not constructive.

Well, how about this:

in the single BD challenge:
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpost.php?p=145296&postcount=8
- now tell me: how was that post applicable to the thread at all? How did it contribute to it? What does it have to do with 1 BD challenge?

in the suggestion to 1c/Katauri for a new mod to enhance gameplay:
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpost.php?p=145295&postcount=7
- now tell me: how did that post contribute to the thread? We're talking about gameplay here.

in the reviews:
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpost.php?p=144745&postcount=47
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpost.php?p=145290&postcount=50
- once again: how did that post contribute to the thread? Well, you make us see the point of a few writers who clearly had no idea what the game is all about, played it a little on easy and wrote a review. In my opinion, one is entitled to a review ONLY when he/she has gained some proficiency with the thing they're writing about. Otherwise I can easily make up a review of say, Dragon Age: Origins without ever playing the game, only based on screenshots, guides and general opinion: it will look good and many people will agree with me because I have studied a number of psychological loopholes that I can use to mold some people's opinion to my liking and look like the big deal.

In the wishlist for a NEW king's bounty game:
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpost.php?p=141166&postcount=8
- now how was your post applicable to the thread? The thread was about a new king's bounty game. Do you consider your post productive in any way?

In my opinion, it is extremely imptroper to give advices to other people - concerning proper posting, comprehension, contribution - without leading by example. The posts above show your own ill consideration, comprehension and contibution. As such, it is highly improper to demand from other people the thing you don't do yourself.

I am sorry that I had to write this, but I do not appreciate being attacked. I tried to be considerate, I tried to be helpful, but I guess that got me nowhere. I do hope that by stating things as they are and showing you what I mean EXACTLY you will actually see and address the problem.

To conclude: as you can see, this board has grown to a number of members that appreciate each other's opinions, analyze and debate various parts of the game, and help each other in times of need. I believe they do not want their case-specific threads being filled with gibberish like "where's my DVD?".

I sympathize with your problem, I do hope you'll get a hard copy of the game soon. I am aware that you have the right to an opinion, I respect that, but I do not respect you trying to push that opinion in other threads. You have this one - fill it with whatever complaints or suggestions you wish, just please stay out of the rest that do not concern your problem.

Zechnophobe
02-23-2010, 04:07 PM
See, this is part of why we like DG. He's the kind of guy who when he gets REALLY angry uses curse words like 'shucks' and 'darn it'. I stepped in above because he was attacked, and I have no problem spewing venom when the time is right for it. Telling him to post constructively on this forum is like telling Gandhi to 'chill the hell out'.

rickah88
02-24-2010, 05:01 PM
@ DGDobrev(dum dum #1),

Allow me to type slowly for your benefit. Your items:

"in the single BD challenge:
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpos...96&postcount=8
- now tell me: how was that post applicable to the thread at all? How did it contribute to it? What does it have to do with 1 BD challenge?"

Everyone was looking for a tough challenge, so I presented 1C with one, any takers? I thought not.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

"in the suggestion to 1c/Katauri for a new mod to enhance gameplay:
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpos...95&postcount=7
- now tell me: how did that post contribute to the thread? We're talking about gameplay here."

Again we fall back to your lack of comprehension skills(it's okay, honest). If you took the time to read the entire thread, Pavned called me out directly...thusly prompting my response. Please, try to keep up...perhaps 1C should develop a Comprehension Mod just for DGDobrev.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

"in the reviews:
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpos...5&postcount=47
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpos...0&postcount=50
- once again: how did that post contribute to the thread? Well, you make us see the point of a few writers who clearly had no idea what the game is all about, played it a little on easy and wrote a review. In my opinion, one is entitled to a review ONLY when he/she has gained some proficiency with the thing they're writing about. Otherwise I can easily make up a review of say, Dragon Age: Origins without ever playing the game, only based on screenshots, guides and general opinion: it will look good and many people will agree with me because I have studied a number of psychological loopholes that I can use to mold some people's opinion to my liking and look like the big deal."

Please tell me you're not serious! These are reviews by legit, web-based game reviewers...not some wannabe named DGDobrev. They were not bad reviews, but not overly good either. It was a thread about reviews for the game so I added a couple. Again HAD YOU READ the review you would see the quote I lifted stating the games relative obscurity due to only digital download. Seriously, were I you, I'd think hard about going back to school(assuming you actually finished some sort of schooling), and not wasting time playing games all day long.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

"In the wishlist for a NEW king's bounty game:
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpos...66&postcount=8
- now how was your post applicable to the thread? The thread was about a new king's bounty game. Do you consider your post productive in any way?"

After reading this I'm pretty convinced that you're the kind of person that has to have things repeated several times for it to sink in. This post offered up a wishlist for a potential new game...my wish was that it gets a hard copy. For once in your life, calm your fanboy self down and READ, and then COMPREHEND!!!
Your opinions on what is "imptroper" and "giving advices"(both your words, while you're studying comprehension in school...hit the spelling books also) are all duly noted.
Let me state again, for the record(and for DGDobrev):
I started this thread with the simple task of finding out if/when a hard copy was/will be available, and if not then why?
Clearly, DGDobrev, you have been about as helpful to me as lead balloon! So, with that said, please move along to your little mods and allow me to seek the answers I seek from someone with more knowledge than one such as yourself(from what I've seen, that's not a tall order).
Last time I checked, it was a free country(well at least where I reside it is), and this forum was open to any/all discussion provided it was not vulgar in content(that means bad words). So, just like anyone else in this forum, I'll post: whatever, whenever, and to whomever I like.
Let me know how the schooling goes!

@Zechnophobe(dum dum #2),

"See, this is part of why we like DG. He's the kind of guy who when he gets REALLY angry uses curse words like 'shucks' and 'darn it'. I stepped in above because he was attacked, and I have no problem spewing venom when the time is right for it. Telling him to post constructively on this forum is like telling Gandhi to 'chill the hell out'."

Using DGDobrev's logic(now that's a scary thought), how is this helping the topic of this particular thread? You should be attacked for saying such things...oh yeah, as you stated you're ½ inconsiderate jerk. BTW, I'm sure your Gandhi quote offended many of the people of India. Perhaps you should join DGDobrev in school.
I'll type this slowly for you as well, if you can't help with the problem of this thread...move right along. Thank you in advance for your compliance!

Mandea
02-24-2010, 07:21 PM
I wonder where are the moderators :D
we have a troll amongst us.

Metathron
02-24-2010, 08:32 PM
I've already reported him/her/it, because this guy is clearly out to grind his axe. If that proves inadequate I suggest we all add him to our ignore list. :)

DGDobrev
02-24-2010, 08:57 PM
Well, I'm not even considering dignifying rickah88 most recent attack with a proper, well-constructed response, because it would seem that he would shift words in any way to his advantage even when he's at fault, and take pride in punishing 1c for the lack of hard copies by either insulting the board members or filling various threads with "where's my hard copy"-type of stuff.

If he were serious enough, he would have taken this complaint to 1c support himself, made a proper case with a decent behavior and requested a copy he's willing to pay for directly from them. I doubt 1c would have just dismissed that (as they have gained a good reputation over the past few years) and maybe even gave a hard copy of the game to him as a present for his loyalty. If there are (were) hard copies in New Zealand, there should be hard copies made already, so 1c most certainly has some in stock.

However, I think everyone who's posting here both against him and/or in defense of the regular board members is just fueling the troll. Not to mention that this throws us even more out of topic and it would appear that this is exactly what he wants to solidify his theory.

I propose that we leave rickah88 vent off his malcontent all he wants here and there and wish him good luck on his acquisition of a hard copy of the game sooner or later.

Elwin
02-24-2010, 10:19 PM
YEP DGDobrev is right as always ^^. No troll feeding.