PDA

View Full Version : Official Support Group Thread for Il-2:BOP 360 Players

Deascendent
01-04-2010, 03:53 AM
Earlier today, I decided to see what all else I could find on the Il-2 Bop patch, on the web. When doing a search for the 360 patch, all I could find were a few links to this forum and one stray post by a user on Gamefaqs.com. But when you do a search for the ps3 patch, there are atleast two pages full of results on google. It seems that 505 games sent out a press release on November 23 stating that the ps3 patch and only the ps3 patch was in q/a awaiting certifcation. Two and a half weeks later, the patch was released on December 7th, a monday. When I was playing BOP with friends tonight, I figured that since tomorrow will be 4 weeks exactly since the ps3 patch, and that patch was released unknown to the developers, that tomorrow we might get ours!!! A very happy thought!

But if the turn of events that preceed the ps3 patch is a clue to how the 360 patch will be released, then there will be a press release followed by two and a half weeks.... : ( So, possibly, we might be looking at another two and a half weeks plus however much time until 505 games sends out a press release.... very dissapointing indeed...

Have we not been patient enough?? This is torture!! The release of this game has been botched so badly! IT COULD HAVE BEEN SO MUCH MORE! Still, as it is, it's my favorite game, and to see the ps3 patch released a month ago, as it is today, really hurts to be so neglected.

I read earlier today on an article, that the il2 demo was downloaded over 1 million times on both psn and xbox live, but only aprroximately 300,000 copies were sold on both systems!! That is a huge loss to the ones that could have stood to make a profit on the game!!! The bottom line is that people that have played il-2 on pc and continue to, were hugely let down by this game, and have no reason to play a inferior game on a console, what a flop!!!

Anyways, I started this thread as a support group for those wanting to vent and let their feelings on the subject be heard, it's not healthy to hold in the pain, like all the admin's and ps3 users want you to, it's okay 360 brethren! I am there for you, even if it's only me, I want you to know that!

Slomo
01-04-2010, 04:34 AM
I've given up the on the 360 patch, I really doubt it is coming. Thinking that way I can still play the game and not get all bent out of shape. And if it does come then I can be pleasantly suprised.

Also, from what I have seen of the PS3 patch (very little) it does not truly fix the crashing issue. It only punishes those who intentionally crash with a negative score, however I have never seen anyone intentionally crash, everyone I have played with has been very classy in this regard. It appears to do little to give a kill because you put a plane in the ground from damage.

Additionally, I haven't heard great news about the P-51D since the patch. It seems it is better but still not worth bothering with in the eternal turning clusters that usually take place. I have also not seen good things about spawn crashes, which I usually get about 2 per game.

So, in summary, my opinion is that the patch isn't coming, if it does it won't completely solve my issues with the game, and I will still play as long as there are players. The only way the patch will really help me is if it brings players back, which I think it will/would.

Deascendent
01-04-2010, 04:42 AM
I've given up the on the 360 patch, I really doubt it is coming. Thinking that way I can still play the game and not get all bent out of shape. And if it does come then I can be pleasantly suprised.

Also, from what I have seen of the PS3 patch (very little) it does not truly fix the crashing issue. It only punishes those who intentionally crash with a negative score, however I have never seen anyone intentionally crash, everyone I have played with has been very classy in this regard. It appears to do little to give a kill because you put a plane in the ground from damage.

Additionally, I haven't heard great news about the P-51D since the patch. It seems it is better but still not worth bothering with in the eternal turning clusters that usually take place. I have also not seen good things about spawn crashes, which I usually get about 2 per game.

So, in summary, my opinion is that the patch isn't coming, if it does it won't completely solve my issues with the game, and I will still play as long as there are players. The only way the patch will really help me is if it brings players back, which I think it will/would.

Hmm, has anyone really reviewed the patch indepth? What all planes were fixed besides the p-51, p-47, and 190's?? And how fixed were they?

Also, you gotta remember that the patch will have black/red outs and custom mapped controls and such..

hypertek
01-04-2010, 05:26 AM
perhaps the lack of popularity/demand is slowing the developers down on making a patch?

Soviet Ace
01-04-2010, 05:33 AM
perhaps the lack of popularity/demand is slowing the developers down on making a patch?

The patch is ready, it's just that MS is still in Q/A with it. Well, last time we heard, that was the case. But it's definitely made already.

Robotic Pope
01-04-2010, 02:44 PM
Hmm, has anyone really reviewed the patch indepth? What all planes were fixed besides the p-51, p-47, and 190's?? And how fixed were they?

Also, you gotta remember that the patch will have black/red outs and custom mapped controls and such..

You are right, nobody has really come out and confirmed all the updates. So Ive taken the update list of fixes (minus PS3 exclusive updates) and put confirmed for everything that has been confirmed by a PS3 BoP user, or unknown for things I haven't yet heard anybody talk about. PS3 guys if you can help us out by confirming the unknowns and adding anything extra, then I can edit this post with your info. I'm sure it would be much appreciated by all us frustrated 360 users. Thanks :)

•Controls remapping (custom layout). confirmed on PS3 patch but zoom doesn't work on sim
•Changed MP kills scoring system. Suicide will always reduce score; crash (or bailout) soon (one minute) after signifficant damage will score to shooter; crash (or bailout) after 12 seconds after being hit even lightly will score to shooter. confirmed scoring change on PS3 but unawarded kills still happens although less often
•Brakes with flightstick fix. Confirmed on PS3
•(For Arcade& realistic) RS will look around with 'half pressed' target camera trigger. Unknown on PS3
•More effective flak. Confirmed in patched PS3 version
•Blackouts and redouts on realistic/simulation back again Confirmed in patched PS3 version
•keyboard support Confirmed by Edal and Trk29 but available on PS3 only
•P-51 flightmodel changed Confirmed P51D,P51B,P47. Seems to revert to pre-patch when using custom control setup . Other planes Unknown
•B-17 damage model changed Confirmed (by InfiniteStates) on PS3, B-17 is now a "Tank"
•separate machine gun and cannons fire with 30% pressed trigger (on default layouts) Confirmed (by Trk29) on PS3
•MP balancing: 5 points for air victory, -1 point for death confirmed on PS3
•Enemies AI and allies AI were improved Unknown on PS3
•Condition for unlock aircrafts were changed. Confirmed on PS3
•improved sounds for stall Not fixed on PS3
•Landing brakes on flight stick were fixed Confirmed on PS3
•low lod for aircrafts tuned (to be more visible on SD resolutions) Confirmed on PS3

FOZ_1983
01-04-2010, 02:51 PM
Didnt it go to MS for Q/A but fail and get sent back to 505/Gaijen or whoever it was? im sure that was what anton said.

Robotic Pope
01-04-2010, 03:08 PM
Didnt it go to MS for Q/A but fail and get sent back to 505/Gaijen or whoever it was? im sure that was what anton said.

Hmmm I think that was just a rumur that someone posted although it could very well be true. I don't think Anton has posted anything since the PS3 update launched. So nobody knows anything which is the problem really and why people are getting up tight. If anton or one of the other devs came here and said something like " There has been a problem, the xbox patch my come out later than you expected maybe by a month". Yes we would still be pissed off, but at least then we would have proper knowlage of what is happening and then the Constant bitching here would decrease x100.

I'm sure the developers are very busy but it takes very little time to post here or in the yuPlay forum. Even stating that you know nothing but the fact that it has been sent to the Publishers and its now out of your hands, is better than nothing at all. Its the nothing that is causing all this baddness. Please devs, give us some info and halt this badness.

FOZ_1983
01-04-2010, 03:11 PM
Hmmm I think that was just a rumur that someone posted although it could very well be true. I don't think Anton has posted anything since the PS3 update launched. So nobody knows anything which is the problem really and why people are getting up tight. If anton or one of the other devs came here and said something like " There has been a problem, the xbox patch my come out later than you expected maybe by a month". Yes we would still be pissed off, but at least then we would have proper knowlage of what is happening and then the Constant bitching here would decrease x100

Thats where im sure i read it Im sure it was anton who said it in one of the PS3 patch threads. I've tried looking through all his posts etc but got bored after reading the same thing over and over again.

iannik
01-04-2010, 03:26 PM
I read earlier today on an article, that the il2 demo was downloaded over 1 million times on both psn and xbox live, but only aprroximately 300,000 copies were sold on both systems!! That is a huge loss to the ones that could have stood to make a profit on the game!!! The bottom line is that people that have played il-2 on pc and continue to, were hugely let down by this game, and have no reason to play a inferior game on a console, what a flop!!!

Absolutely! this is the reason for I put my copy on the shelf

irrelevant
01-04-2010, 03:30 PM
I have yet to hear the stall sound on PS3. Can't confirm the other unknowns at this point because I either use different settings or haven't tried them for myself.

Robotic Pope
01-04-2010, 04:17 PM
Thats where im sure i read it Im sure it was anton who said it in one of the PS3 patch threads. I've tried looking through all his posts etc but got bored after reading the same thing over and over again.

Well I read his previous posts and the last he spoke about the 360 patch was Dec 1 saying he was already talking to publishers about the 360 patch. ("already" lol) this was 6 days before PS3 patch release.

Over at the YuPlay BoP forum its just as dead info wise and a Developer hasn't posted in their own forum for yonks. Strange thing is Anton is regularly posting in the Wings of Prey forum (even on Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Years Eve? thats the holiday exuse out the window then)
I'm Sorry but it does give the impression, that Anton IS actually avoiding all the questions asked to him, both here (If he still reads here) and on the YuPlay BoP forum. If that is true and why that is? only he can say. I did have respect for him but that has lessened quite a bit now.

Yes he may not be obliged to post here on this forum. But when you set up your own forum (YuPlay BoP forum) for giving information and answering technical questions about BoP, it is very bad to then abandon it without any explaination.

stealth finger
01-04-2010, 04:27 PM
Strange thing is Anton is regularly posting in the Wings of Prey forum (even on Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Years Eve? thats the holiday exuse out the window then)
I'm Sorry but it does give the impression, that Anton IS actually avoiding all the questions asked to him, both here (If he still reads here) and on the YuPlay BoP forum. If that is true and why that is? only he can say. I did have respect for him but that has lessened quite a bit now.

have you tried sending him a PM though there, see if he says sanything?

Robotic Pope
01-04-2010, 04:34 PM
have you tried sending him a PM though there, see if he says sanything?

I was never able to create a YuPlay user acount (tried once and it failed, tried again and it said my email is already used. Pretty bad forum design if you ask me) so i've been a lurker since the begining.

If someone else with a usable YuPlay acount could PM him, that could be helpfull, let him know this lack of info is brewing up some bad shit

InfiniteStates
01-04-2010, 04:37 PM
•B-17 damage model changed Unknown on PS3
I can confirm this after using it to get a few unlocks - it's a one man tank now.

It was Gunny that posted that from something he read on another XBox forum. He has always maintained it wasn't concrete, but coupled with the lack of official information it's not looking good. Who would want to come on here and tell everyone the patch isn't coming?

Robotic Pope
01-04-2010, 04:58 PM
I can confirm this after using it to get a few unlocks - it's a one man tank now.

Thanks dude :)

I hope this isn't all for nothing. Well at least its useful for PS3 users aswell I guess.

FOZ_1983
01-04-2010, 05:00 PM
I couldnt create an account for the yuplay forum either. Dont mind though as i get all the info on this one to so its all good.

To hear anton is posting in another forum frequently though is a little dissapointing to hear, maybe he's just not got the nerve to post that the 360 patch is a no go.

I think from what im reading is -

The 360 patch went to Q/A and failed for one reason or another, Anton and co have business elsewhere and cant afford to commit to sorting out this patch so have just given up with it. I was willing to say (in agreement with seraph) that this was due to the holiday perido etc, but to hear he has been posting frequently elsewhere gives us reason to worry maybe??

Time will tell. Lets see how we get on.

stealth finger
01-04-2010, 05:01 PM
The 360 patch went to Q/A and failed for one reason or another, Anton and co have business elsewhere and cant afford to commit to sorting out this patch so have just given up with it. I was willing to say (in agreement with seraph) that this was due to the holiday perido etc, but to hear he has been posting frequently elsewhere gives us reason to worry maybe??

That's the jist i'm getting. I hope it's not true.

FOZ_1983
01-04-2010, 05:06 PM
Just send him a PM then perhaps? Surely he must reply to someone. I've seen on numerous occasions anton and kril?? (something like that) are actually on this forum looking at it but not posting (they are listed down at the bottom with people currently viewing this forum) so its not like they are not aware of our troubles and concerns.

If theirs no patch comnig for the 360 then we will have to deal with it, nothing we can say or do will change that unfortunately, BUT it would be nice and considerate if they at least told us rather than string us along endlessly.

trk29
01-04-2010, 11:13 PM
Just send him a PM then perhaps? Surely he must reply to someone. I've seen on numerous occasions anton and kril?? (something like that) are actually on this forum looking at it but not posting (they are listed down at the bottom with people currently viewing this forum) so its not like they are not aware of our troubles and concerns.

If theirs no patch comnig for the 360 then we will have to deal with it, nothing we can say or do will change that unfortunately, BUT it would be nice and considerate if they at least told us rather than string us along endlessly.

They won't respond to pm's he stated he never would if someone sent him one. I sent him one and he never responded to me.

stealth finger
01-04-2010, 11:15 PM
They won't respond to pm's he stated he never would if someone sent him one. I sent him one and he never responded to me.

well that sucks

trk29
01-04-2010, 11:15 PM
You are right, nobody has really come out and confirmed all the updates. So Ive taken the update list of fixes (minus PS3 exclusive updates) and put confirmed for everything that has been confirmed by a PS3 BoP user, or unknown for things I haven't yet heard anybody talk about. PS3 guys if you can help us out by confirming the unknowns and adding anything extra, then I can edit this post with your info. I'm sure it would be much appreciated by all us frustrated 360 users. Thanks :)

•Controls remapping (custom layout). confirmed on PS3 patch but zoom doesn't work on sim
•Changed MP kills scoring system. Suicide will always reduce score; crash (or bailout) soon (one minute) after signifficant damage will score to shooter; crash (or bailout) after 12 seconds after being hit even lightly will score to shooter. confirmed scoring change on PS3 but unawarded kills still happens although less often
•Brakes with flightstick fix. Confirmed on PS3
•(For Arcade& realistic) RS will look around with 'half pressed' target camera trigger. Unknown on PS3
•More effective flak. Confirmed in patched PS3 version
•Blackouts and redouts on realistic/simulation back again Confirmed in patched PS3 version
•keyboard support Confirmed by Edal on PS3, PS3 exclusive?
•P-51 flightmodel changed Confirmed P51D,P51B,P47. Seems to revert to pre-patch when using custom control setup . Other planes Unknown
•B-17 damage model changed Confirmed (by InfiniteStates) on PS3, B-17 is now a "Tank"
•separate machine gun and cannons fire with 30% pressed trigger (on default layouts) Unknown on PS3
•MP balancing: 5 points for air victory, -1 point for death confirmed on PS3
•Enemies AI and allies AI were improved Unknown on PS3
•Condition for unlock aircrafts were changed. Confirmed on PS3
•improved sounds for stall Not fixed on PS3
•Landing brakes on flight stick were fixed Confirmed on PS3
•low lod for aircrafts tuned (to be more visible on SD resolutions) Confirmed on PS3

•separate machine gun and cannons fire with 30% pressed trigger (on default layouts) Unknown on PS3

yes

yes exclusive.

trk29
01-04-2010, 11:22 PM
Guys all I can say is lets hope the patch comes they said it was in Q&A and thats all we know.

I wish I could give you a better answer.

PantherAttack2
01-04-2010, 11:32 PM
I wish I could give you a better answer.

Me too. Really.

Robotic Pope
01-04-2010, 11:43 PM

yes

yes exclusive.

Thanks man, Ive edited the original post.

FOZ_1983
01-04-2010, 11:46 PM
Cheers for the updates fella's, us poor 360 players appreciate it :D

i'm still feeling the bug from flying earlier pope :( want to log some more hours in doing some hops from field to field :D lol