PDA

View Full Version : Appendix

ivra
01-03-2010, 07:30 PM
I am an old gamer who has played great old games like Master of Orion, Master of Magic ++. A thing I miss in new games that these old games had, was the really good appendix in their manual. You could find all the information you wanted there. A lot of tables detailed all the available aspects of the game. With that in mind I have tried to create what could have been the appendix of the manual to this great game.

Warning: The attached file contains spoilers since they show all units, quests, items etc in the game.

The zip-file contains the following pdf-files:
Unit List.pdf - A list of all the units + their stats
Unit Talents.pdf - A list of all the unit talets
Unit Skills.pdf - A list of all the unit skills
Items.pdf - A list of all the items
Sets.pdf - A list of all the object sets
Pet Dragon Abilities.pdf - A list of all the pet dragon abilities and upgrades
Medals.pdf - A list of all the medals
Companions.pdf - A list of all the companions
Spells.pdf - A list of all the spells
Quest List.pdf - A list of all the quests

The list of units and objects should be complete because I have based them on the game files themselves (the different text files in ses.kfs). Hopefully the rest of the info is complete as well.

I might be old school, but I like to write out reference lists that I can scribble on during the game. For instance the spell list can be used to mark the spells you already know so that you can go into a shop and buy the new spells directly instead of having to go to the spell book for each available spell in the shop to check if you already have it. This is a great tool for people like me that forgets quickly :).

Hope you find this useful.

Elwin
01-03-2010, 07:34 PM
Good job

Urbz
01-03-2010, 08:33 PM
Awesome job, much appriciated! :grin:

loreangelicus
01-04-2010, 12:11 AM
Ivra, I think this is the best gift (aside from the game KBAP itself) that I got this holiday season, THANK YOU!!! :grin:

ivra
01-07-2010, 07:23 PM
Thank you for the fantastic feedback :grin:

I found a small error in the list of Pet Dragon Abilities and upload the new pdf file here. The last health update of the Stone Wall was wrong. It gives +3000 health, not +2000 as listed originally. A fully updated Stone Wall has 5000 health.

Please let me know if you find any other errors.

Lacunaa
01-10-2010, 10:49 PM
This is great, thanks ivra!

TemjinGold
01-11-2010, 12:03 AM
Good job!

ivra
01-12-2010, 09:02 PM
I have modified the unit list (added resistance) and the spell list (added info of which spell helps which medal).

I have also been trying to create an good travel route to complete all quests with as little travel time as possible. I got inspired from the following thread (see post #10 from elwin): http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=11909&highlight=elon+tekron+verona

The attached zip-file contains:
Unit List v2.pdf - Resistance added
Spells v2.pdf - Medal info added
Travel Route.pdf - New; an attempt to create an optimal travel route

Petwin
01-13-2010, 08:37 AM
Great job.

I tried to give the question of the optimal travel route a go in this thread, but I never worked it out:
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=11996

Minor detail: you say that Debir gets uploaded 2 times, I think it's 3 times: after the 2nd, the 4th and the 6th stone.

Petwin
01-13-2010, 01:22 PM
Ivra posted the skills of the pet dragon. DGDobrev also posted this information in the KBAP Info thread http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=10991

What I missed is a 'quick refence guide' - thingy to plan the upgrades of the pet dragon. Maybe it's useful for someone else.

Note 1: when multiple upgrades are available on the same level, I put the one with the least mana cost first.
Note 2: there's no guarantee that the game will actually offer an upgrade as early as possible.

ivra
01-13-2010, 03:41 PM
I have verified your travel route and it is indeed correct and quicker than my suggestion (108 vs 132 hours). That's the cool thing about presenting an optimal solution; it it so easy to prove it wrong. Just present a better solution, just as you have done :-)

The downside with your route is that it is also much more challenging. The reason for this is that you need to defeat Shenobi on Elon (and prior to that Chief Uchkuk to free the king and get the Shenobi quest) + you have to defeat Rakush at Uzala before going to Tekron and Umkas. Not having the XP you get by completing Tekron and Umkas make these fights much tougher. These two islands are both difficulty 75, while Tekron and Umkas are 65.

Another worry I have with both our travelling routes (the are equal in this respect) is the single trip to Bolo in the start of the game. If you play on impossible some of the fights are really hard to do without huge losses. At this time only Debir and Scarlet Wind is completed. I am a little worried that some of these battles are actually impossible...

bmcelvan
01-22-2010, 07:12 PM
Thank you so much...fantastic job!

ivra
01-25-2010, 11:36 AM
I have found an inaccuracy in the listing of some of the items that spawn new units. The number of creatures you get is random. This is what I have found out so far:

Carved Coffin - Each coffin gives 1 to 3 Vampires
Coffin - Each coffin gives 4 or 5 Skeleton Archers
Dragonfly Eggs - Each egg gives 2 to 5 Fire Dragonflies
Snake Eggs - Each egg gives 2 or 3 Snakes
Spider's Egg - Each egg gives 2 or 3 Cave Spiders
Thorn Sprouts - Each thorn sprout gives 5 to 8 Thorn-Hunters

Only one random number is created per use of the items, no matter how many items you specify. So if you specify to use 100 Dragonfly Eggs, for instance, you will get 200, 300, 400, or 500 Fire Dragonflies.

rollems
02-04-2010, 09:31 PM
i just printed the PDF's its amazing. ready doc for me :) thanx a ton for great work.

i have question.
i was looking at the Units2 PDF. and there are so many paramaters like
Attack , Defense , Resistance , Crit , Damage , Heath , HP.

does any one know the formula how they affect when 2 units fight. assuming both are standing in front of each other. No magic. No Shield etc. No retaliation affect.
lets say
DevilFish 600 vs Polar Bear 20. so if devilfish attacks how much damage will polar bear get. or vice versa.

Also what is the difference in Health and HP ?

ivra
02-04-2010, 09:59 PM
hi rollems! Take a look at this thread:
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=10991&page=2
Post #17 covers the attack/defense formula. You should also read post #1 which contains a lot of info of the game.

Health and HP (Hit Points) are the same.

yerkyerk
02-15-2010, 12:23 PM
Thanks for the work. Might be very useful :)

Granamyr
02-20-2010, 06:48 AM
irva, any plans to do an appendix including the gift bag items? I'm sure translation is a problem if you're trying to go off the Russian set but were you to involve the community just by asking us to fill in the holes for what you don't have already, I'm sure we could all get it knocked out pretty quick. Just a thought.....

ivra
02-23-2010, 06:36 PM
No, I don't plan to include them. The reason is that the file "KBa_ny_manual_eng_1.0.0.doc" that is included in the gift bag installation already has a thorough description of all the items and sets. I do not see any need to copy that info into the appendix.

Theonus
03-02-2010, 02:35 PM
Where do you find the file "KBa_ny_manual_eng_1.0.0.doc". I installed the bonus pack but that specific file is nowhere to be seen.

ivra
03-02-2010, 03:06 PM
Strange. I was sure I got it with the gift bag file I downloaded. Appereantly not. I guess I have downloaded from another place in this forum. To make it easy to find I uploaded the file here as well:

Vomaxx
04-06-2011, 03:32 AM
Thanks very much for this valuable resource!

chickenhed
05-07-2013, 08:16 PM
This is just amazing.

Separi
08-29-2013, 09:31 PM
Thx a lot, been searching for this again lol

vume5
03-07-2014, 07:58 PM
Hi,
in the unit list there's a weird row called "quantity".
At first I thought it might be the max cap quantity in a stack, then I figured out it's how many units you can have with leadership 10000.
The following two rows were obvious from the start: quant*singleValue.
These three rows are mostly a waste of space however.
Well, the sum cost does show a newbie which units are considered particularly valueable, that is probably give the most benefit/leadership. Then again, items that power up cheap units can make cheap units superior to expensive ones (like ThornCrown+Banner+maxDmgSpell for ThornWarriors)
Also, there's no point in keeping the quantity number whole. It's not like you'll ever have exactly 10000 Ldrshp, certainly not for a long period of time anyway.
Meaning it doesn't matter that you can't buy/get 0.263 Green Dragons.
The HP sum row is a waste because it doesn't consider resistances.
What would be good to know instead is the average damage sum. Though it wouldn't consider Talents and Skills (like poisoning the enemy during an attack).

And the spell list should tell what type of damage it does.
Most are obvious but some like Deathstar and Geysir are not.

Having said that, the lists are great.
Ah yes, one more thing: the Talent list should defenitely be sorted according to their sequence in the unit list, not alphabetically. How is the reader supposed to know what Talent that symbol represents? This means some Talents will be listed multiple times... Maybe integrate the description in the unit list? And the skill list should be cleaned up from Immunities, Resistances, Suscept. They are already mentioned with the exact value in the Resistances row.