PDA

View Full Version : KB - Bonus Disc!!!

feanor
01-02-2010, 11:34 AM
K.Bounty - Bonus disc!

-------------------------------------

- map editor with manual

- 1 new mod: 'Orc March' with new story, new units, army upgrades, Rage Spirits magic, new items, new artefact sets, new locations, new characters and unique arenas!

- 2 new single scenarious: 'Gladiator Arena' (duels with creatures/bossess/heroes) and 'Defender' (defence in castle)

Sources:

http://kingsbounty.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=6039&st=120&p=190952&#entry190952

http://www.gamer.ru/games/550-king-s-bounty-printsessa-v-dospehah/posts/26469

Comming in april 2010!

Zhuangzi
01-02-2010, 11:47 AM
Wow, looking forward to this. Will it be a free download?

Hopefully we'll finally see some mods for this game. :grin:

DGDobrev
01-02-2010, 12:35 PM
Most interesting, I'm looking forward to it as well! :) There are referrences to the gold edition, though.

rancor26
01-02-2010, 02:07 PM
Nice, but global release in april or russian release?

Metroplex
01-02-2010, 07:17 PM
That's great I suppose, although I wish the developers used the time instead to make a fully fledged KB:AP follow-up, instead of releasing mods.:(

DGDobrev
01-02-2010, 07:23 PM
Well, starting a new project is a pretty time-consuming work - plot line, what would be different, what would they keep from the previous games, etc. Keeping in mind that KBTL and KBAP received a pretty strong support and were greeted warmly, I am certain that if there is to be a new KB game, the developers will take their time in developing a worthy sequel, not some rushed up, full of bugs sequel like Disciples 3, for example, which is by no means worthy of carrying the disciples title..

Zechnophobe
01-02-2010, 08:02 PM
I applaud this, and pretty much new something was in the works when they added a mod manager with the 'gift bag'. I am thinking they may be planning a fair amount of follow up content, though maybe nothing past the map editor. I would not be surprised however if they are intended to keep their player base engaged with the game while they work on a sequel... that IS why you do post release goodies like this. I mean, either that or because you are really nice ;).

Mandea
01-03-2010, 06:25 PM
oau, I was just about to say how much I missed in AP the tournament from the first castle in Legend. :)
great news, can't wait.

Metroplex
01-04-2010, 07:13 AM
Tournament, what tournament?
I also played Legend and don't recall any of this.:confused:

Mandea
01-04-2010, 07:15 AM
sorry, it's not in the first castle, it's in the building next to it. master shivarius or the other guy gives you a tournament with 5 opponents. the reward for the last fight is a very useful artefact against dragons. but the name is correct, TOURNAMENT :D
I loved it.

markgil
01-09-2010, 07:01 PM
i'm a little confused about the new content. wasn't there some new content added to the game already not too long ago? if so, is it in a patch form or does it come when with when you purchase the game now? also, is the bonus disc going to be free or does it have to be purchased? thanks!

Mandea
01-25-2010, 08:28 AM
any news? the rusian version is expected in february. I guess we'll have more news then.

joasoz
01-25-2010, 09:04 AM
I wonder if this will be available for me as a Gamersgate customer.

Mandea
01-28-2010, 09:14 AM
It is supposed to appear on 5/2/2010 (day/month/year), in russian. I guess we'll have more info later. it might be released as a patch too.

Mandea
02-08-2010, 07:26 AM
DGD: can you please translate it to us?
http://kingsbounty.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=6039&st=240
I managed to read some of it using google translate and as far as I could understand it's been postponed for a while. is it correct?

WhYdOyOuThInKtHaThApPeNeD
02-08-2010, 10:05 AM
not some rushed up, full of bugs sequel like Disciples 3, for example, which is by no means worthy of carrying the disciples title..

DGDobrev, I read that they spent a fair bit of time working on Disciples 3. From the trailers and such it looks awesome, the dark imagery and graphic art is sweet. Makes me think future versions of KB should collaborate with Luis Royo to do all the unit and hero art and animations. I haven't played D3 yet, waiting for the English release, hoping it comes soon. I loved D 1 & 2. So you say D3 doesn't live up? Sad to hear.

I hope they make a genuine follow up to KBAP with major additions and improvements. I'm working on a wish list for what I'd like to see in a new KB. Big list... I agree I hope they put a lot of time and sincerity into a follow up. I'm happy to wait. All should take the example of Blizzard.

Elias_Maluco
02-25-2010, 11:25 PM
Wow!

Two words: map editor. All I ever wanted for this game. Can hardly believe it!

DGDobrev
02-26-2010, 12:04 AM
DGDobrev, I read that they spent a fair bit of time working on Disciples 3. From the trailers and such it looks awesome, the dark imagery and graphic art is sweet. Makes me think future versions of KB should collaborate with Luis Royo to do all the unit and hero art and animations. I haven't played D3 yet, waiting for the English release, hoping it comes soon. I loved D 1 & 2. So you say D3 doesn't live up? Sad to hear.

I hope they make a genuine follow up to KBAP with major additions and improvements. I'm working on a wish list for what I'd like to see in a new KB. Big list... I agree I hope they put a lot of time and sincerity into a follow up. I'm happy to wait. All should take the example of Blizzard.

I'm sorry for the belated answer on that :)

Well, I also loved Disciples 1 & 2. D2 was amazing. I'm sad to report that D3, the way it is, is downright awful. I had the opportunity to play through all the campaigns in the Russian version - not to mention that they are buggy, and to start the next one you have to revert to the former patch, finish the game, then go back to the last available, which is unthinkable for a finished game. Not to mention that you always get a pre-set hero that moves through the campaigns and in the state the game is now, you can't play a hero of your choosing, you can only recruit warrior, archer (guildmaster) and mage heroes as support to your main one.

What I disliked was the concentration points - places where damage is doubled for the unit standing on it (circles for melee, hills for ranged and magic spring or something for casters). That's like having a spot where a stack of black knights can stand and smack double-damage hits at any enemy that blindly rushes towards them, before any other bonuses kick in, which can amount to 600k criticals. Although they provide certain tactical value, they can turn a battle around and make the AI look stupid. At least in D1 and D2 battles were decided by army lineup and troop strength, which usually gave you quite some trouble against tough enemies.

I agree that graphics are cool, towns do not seem that static, but in essence, nothing has changed. D3 is D2 revamped with better graphics. Units are pretty much the same and the building trees are copied 1:1. The only difference is the RPG development of your lords and that they have pretty much the same movement, which puts them on at a disadvantage. Why use a Guildmaster when a Mage has the same move speed and much more utility (not to mention damage) at higher levels? Not that you have a free map to use them on, though. They'll come with the expansion.

This is why I considered Disciples 3 a flop and it pains me greatly to see such a great game getting such an awful sequel. I can only hope that the expansions and the numerous patches can fix and improve it.

@Mandea

Sorry for the belated answer too...

They are talking about the gold edition, that will include KBTL + KBAP in a single package. There are certain mention of the bonus disc, but I didn't see anything conclusive.

Starranger
03-22-2010, 08:55 AM
Has anyone (perhaps DGDobrev) heard something new from the new patch (or gift pack)? Is it released in Russia? Or what is the new release date? (I think originally it should be the 5.February)

Mandea
03-22-2010, 09:55 AM
It's not ready yet, not even in russian. I've read about it on the russian forum.

heron1
03-29-2010, 10:11 PM
any news on the map editor?

Mandea
03-30-2010, 07:33 AM
Nope, it's not ready yet.

Starranger
04-12-2010, 06:45 AM
Has anyone heard any news about the new "addon"? Is there any new release date?

Mandea
04-12-2010, 09:00 AM
No, the topic regarding this problem in the russian forum has been closed and it will stay that way until the bonus disc will be ready or any other important news will come up. Sorry, I wish I had beter news.

Starranger
04-12-2010, 02:31 PM
Thank you for the info. I hope they will not cancel it completely. Because I think the map generator will be a big plus for the community. :-P
If I think how often I played fan maps in HOMM then I see hundreds of hozrs of fun! Also for the next years, perhaps until Kings Bounty 3?

Mandea
05-20-2010, 07:44 AM
so? any news?
Does any moderator know anything?
They said end of March and now it's almost end of May.

I am really envious for Mass Effect 2, Bioschock 2 and other games that get DLCs. I would really like something like that for KB too.

Sneaksie
05-20-2010, 09:02 AM
Please wait for the official announce, it will happen soon.

Mandea
05-20-2010, 01:33 PM
Ok, thanks for the quick answer. So that project is not dead but still alive and kicking :). That's good news. I can't wait :D

Elias_Maluco
05-20-2010, 05:56 PM
Oh, please, be ready soon. The only reason I still come back here almost everyday is to check if the bonus disk is released.

Zechnophobe
05-21-2010, 01:12 AM
I would easily pay for any new and cool content for this game. It has already been a great investment. Just, y'know, FYI.

Mandea
05-21-2010, 05:29 AM
Yes, me too. We are waiting for some great news :)

heron1
05-21-2010, 10:05 PM
I think this release will jump start our forum again, seems dead at the moment.

xianren20
05-22-2010, 05:54 AM
Please wait for the official announce, it will happen soon.

It's for KB-AP or just for KB?

rancor26
05-22-2010, 06:31 AM
It's for KB-AP or just for KB?

KB-AP obviously.

Metathron
05-22-2010, 08:56 AM
I think it's for the original KB from 1990. :mrgreen:

markgil
05-22-2010, 10:45 AM
perhaps they have decided to scrap the free add on and do either a full blown expansion or a full 3rd game.

camelotcrusade
05-27-2010, 08:00 PM
Hey guys, I think it's going to be the sequel, called Crossworlds.

http://www.1cpublishing.eu/game/king-s-bounty-crossworlds/features

Can't wait for more info about this game! Somebody should start a thread. I would, but there's nothing I can add yet.

rancor26
05-28-2010, 06:15 AM
Hey guys, I think it's going to be the sequel, called Crossworlds.

http://www.1cpublishing.eu/game/king-s-bounty-crossworlds/features

Can't wait for more info about this game! Somebody should start a thread. I would, but there's nothing I can add yet.

There's already a thread you should keep your eyes open :)

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=14862