PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360 patch, any news?

tasmanian guy
01-01-2010, 06:28 AM
Having paid the full price of this game and then to discover that there were no wheel brakes if you had a joystick (and it even had a sticker on the case recommending the AV8R joystick) I have held out for the patch since September (3 months ago now). I see the ps3 users have got their patch, is there any news when the 360 version will get theirs?

Or am I just better off just buying the ps3 version (I hate using the ps3 for games, due to the online section interface sucking badly). Will the xbox 360 av8r work on ps3, since it works fine on the pc as well?

Buggins
01-01-2010, 09:27 AM
I'd like to know as well. Anton?

Riceball
01-01-2010, 09:53 AM
Will the 360 patch be coming or not?

Man up guys!

Chrester
01-01-2010, 11:19 AM
+1

Yakoff
01-01-2010, 11:40 AM
If the patch will let me stop my Spit on "Inspect Airfields" without tipping over, I'll be one happy mofo.

ChankyChank
01-01-2010, 02:43 PM
Spit landing tip: When you touchdown, hold the tailwheel off as long as possible with slight forward pressure, and when it tries to flip forward around 50-70 kias, pull the stick all the way back and set it down. Works for me every time almost. Having no brakes sucks but you can slow it down some with rudders or if the match has unlimited ammo then fire your guns :-P

axhat
01-01-2010, 04:38 PM
I think it might be time to give up on the patch guys. I held out a long time myself, but we have to look at the facts.

1) Anton was always flaky about giving any solid 360 patch info.

2) He has completely disappeared since the release of the PS3 patch. Have not heard from him on this or the uplay forums.

3) He simply isn't professional enough to at least let us know if the patch is dead or not. Even when the game was new he would throw a tantrum if anybody criticized or questioned the game in any way and he would blame everyone else involved in the project.

4) He made numerous statements about not making any money for working on a patch and has no real motivation to do so.

These are just my observations, I have no source to prove that the 360 patch is dead, but I also have no reason to believe that it 's ever going to be released.

CrazyOwl
01-01-2010, 06:04 PM
I also agree with the guys posting here, I have to been waiting for the patch. this is my second time posting and....

" IT REALY SEE A LACK OF PROFESSIONALISM BY ANTON AND AND HIS TEAM"

and I dont care if ANTON or anyone come again and say its not our fault cause of the publishers and microsoft bla bla bla. just make it happen and shut up.

common, PS3 can have a patch and 360 not. What you guys in microsoft are gonna loose money by doing the right thing. Or you guys traying to build another game to pull more money out of the hard working people with the patch we whant and some other faults to stard doing the same thing saying another patch is comming and is also again anothere lie and tray to builddd another game. common until when you guys going to keep doing that.

SUCKS SUCKS YOU GUYS SUCKS..

Dont get me wrong I do like the game but is not finnish, if you guys have a little bit of knowledge would know that, common you guys are using iL-2 name and you are giving it a BAD REPUTATION, pc version is very nice verryyyy nice.

ANyways you guys get my point and Peace and sanity to All

<S>, and hope they do SOMETHING.

move your A^% of the chair and finish what you started.

<S> CrazyOwl

InfiniteStates
01-01-2010, 06:14 PM
Posts like this are born out of ignorance of the system. What you are essentially doing is moaning at the guy packing oranges in the factory because the supermarket doesn't have fresh oranges.

I can't be bothered to fight this fight again, but suffice to say, Anton has performed above and beyond the call of duty for a game producer, and to call him unprofessional is pathetic. He's probably disappeared because he's sick of getting the childish blame for crap that's out of his control, simply because he's the only representative that shows his face.

Your patch is in QA - things don't get QA'd if they're not getting released.

juz1
01-01-2010, 08:36 PM
Having paid the full price of this game and then to discover that there were no wheel brakes if you had a joystick (and it even had a sticker on the case recommending the AV8R joystick) I have held out for the patch since September (3 months ago now). I see the ps3 users have got their patch, is there any news when the 360 version will get theirs?

Or am I just better off just buying the ps3 version (I hate using the ps3 for games, due to the online section interface sucking badly). Will the xbox 360 av8r work on ps3, since it works fine on the pc as well?

The xbox av8r will not work on ps3..it needs the av8r-03...you have the av8r-02.

if you xbl feel free to add me ( I'm in soggy Victoria) gt= juz1
________
Armenian Recipes (http://www.cooking-chef.com/armenian/)

Mr Greezy
01-01-2010, 08:43 PM
Hear hear.

We're all waiting for the patch, but it's exceptionally rude to slander the game developers for something that's out of their hands. It's the same thing as all the posts that threaten to "leave the game" if the patch doesn't come. As InfiniteStates said, it's very childish. Before you take time out of your life to personally attack someone, you should get a better understanding of where they're coming from. And comments like that clearly illustrate the poster's lack of knowledge about the game industry.

I'm not saying you can't be frustrated. I am. I haven't played this game in a while because I'm waiting for the patch. I'm also looking at all the Wings of Prey movies and feeling very disappointed that all the cockpits and cool effects present in that game aren't in this. But I'm certainly not going to say "Anton, you're pathetic and you've wasted my time." That's what babies say.

I check this forum often and when I see posts like some of the ones in this thread, and in others before it, there's no doubt in my mind as to why "Anton has disappeared". Why would he coddle ungrateful teenagers on the internet? Sounds like a nightmare.

Deascendent
01-01-2010, 08:56 PM
All the motherf*** has to say is that there is no news!!!!!!!!!!

WTF IN the MOtherF***ing hell is so hard about that?????!!! HUH????

It's not coddling, it's called respecting your customers to the best of your abilities...

Why even create a developrs forum, when you don't give a s*** about posting anything except when something good happens..

juz1
01-01-2010, 09:07 PM

It's not coddling, it's called respecting your customers to the best of your abilities...

Why even create a developrs forum, when you don't give a s*** about posting anything except when something good happens..

are you guiltysparks clone? ...or Joe Pesci in Goodfellas?
________
Jaguar Mark Viii Specifications (http://www.ford-wiki.com/wiki/Jaguar_Mark_VIII)

trk29
01-01-2010, 09:49 PM
They said the patch was in Q&A and that is all we know.

Telling the devs the suck is rude, disrespectful, and not needed.

CrazyOwl
01-01-2010, 11:38 PM
bla bla bla.... call it what ever you like. Its the same battle that have been going for the last 3 to 5 month. We are not saying he dint do his job and beyond. nice for doing one part what happen to the finnish job. I also do my work far and beyong but I feal better when I finnish it to the last drop,

To say that theres a path for a platfom and maybe and I say maybe that theres one for the other and then the other never appear its say something else. Microsoft, publisher what ever other games do it more quickly and better. Wy cant these be like the rest. Wy I feel these stuff always happen to the community of war plane simulations.

I prefer to hear the truth and get over with it than to hear some excuses and keep my waiting and hopping.

Thas my opinion.

<S> like always

and Happy Holidays Fliyers!!!

CrazyOwl

tasmanian guy
01-02-2010, 12:53 AM
Well all I'm asking is for an update, nothing more, I've been pretty patient with this game, but not having wheel brakes on the joystick is a major oversight on beta testing.

Anyway hopefully we will get the patch soon.

If anyone is in Australia and wants to add me my gamer tag is tasmanian guy

imnotgeoff
01-02-2010, 01:40 AM
we'd all like the patch to come out,but just be patient,its still an excellent game

stealth finger
01-02-2010, 04:39 PM
would we be able to email anyone for an update? would it be best to ask 505 or ms?

SEE
01-02-2010, 06:01 PM
You need to Email Q&A department as I seem to remember someone saying the patch (what's a 'patch' anyway ...remind me as I've forgotten!) is there. Think Q&A must be a department that deals with 'Questions and no Answers' ............I'll get me hat and coat.......:grin:

Yakoff
01-02-2010, 06:04 PM
Spit landing tip: When you touchdown, hold the tailwheel off as long as possible with slight forward pressure, and when it tries to flip forward around 50-70 kias, pull the stick all the way back and set it down. Works for me every time almost. Having no brakes sucks but you can slow it down some with rudders or if the match has unlimited ammo then fire your guns :-P

YOU DA MAN!...Thanks for tips Chank. That was the ticket. Now to continue on with the game for more and bigger grief. :)

Soulsurfer
01-03-2010, 05:52 PM

No news is good news, right? :) IMO we will never see a patch on the 360, it's been in Q&A for forever (allegedly). Don't be disheartened though as there is DLC on the marketplace which you can have if your willing to spend the money lol.

Riceball
01-03-2010, 06:00 PM
Faith in the patch is low. At least I was able to get the the great P-47 and the awesome missions while they were at the bargin price of $5.00.

Yeah, that was sarcastic.

Chrester
01-03-2010, 06:06 PM
And i will buy wings of prey instead. Tried the demo and so much better than the xbox360. Mostly because i can run the game with a descent joy and no deadzone.

Riceball
01-03-2010, 06:09 PM
And i will buy wings of prey instead. Tried the demo and so much better than the xbox360. Mostly because i can run the game with a descent joy and no deadzone.

That's what you are supposed to do. If 1C and 505 had their way.

Riceball
01-03-2010, 06:14 PM
And sure, I can understand being on a brake. But, if i took pride in my work and cared about the customers i might spend the time to fill them in.

The_Goalie_94
01-03-2010, 06:41 PM
If the patch will let me stop my Spit on "Inspect Airfields" without tipping over, I'll be one happy mofo.

I land the spit no problem in my first try...and second....and third...well the fourth i hit the ground to hard...anyway, i did notice it had little balance, but thats caused by the landing gear opening inward instead of out like the P-51 and FW-190. The BF-109 has the same problem.

Anyway back to the patch...IT NEEDS TO HAPPEN! I mean the patch will draw the crowd back in, more people will play the game with the patch then without. Plus i dont feel like playing 50 strike missions in a bomber just to get a B-17 well PS3 get only 30...WTF!

PantherAttack2
01-03-2010, 08:58 PM
Well, I just got back from traveling, and it looks like I missed a lot of stuff. ;)

1- If Anton didn't log onto this forum, he wouldn't have seen the first thread concerning the 360 patch. That means he won't see ANY threads about the patch. Creating threads about the same thing over and over again is useless and does not help him notice you.

2- As I just said, all of these threads are the same. Newsflash- there is no news about the 360 patch! We get that already, so why do I need to read a dozen people saying it over and over again?The patch will come when it is ready.

3- I agree with many of the points said in this thread, and I really want the patch to come, but all of this is still pointless. How in ANY way is this thread going to get you the patch faster? You can complain as much as you want but it's obviously not helping.

Edit: I think this thread should be locked, especially because of #3.

Yakoff
01-03-2010, 10:46 PM
I land the spit no problem in my first try...and second....and third...well the fourth i hit the ground to hard...anyway, i did notice it had little balance, but thats caused by the landing gear opening inward instead of out like the P-51 and FW-190. The BF-109 has the same problem.

I was specifically having problems landing at the two small airfields in the Single Missions "Inspect Airfields" in Simulator mode with Xbox/360 using the AV8R joystick(no brakes). If you're having no problem landing under the same scenario, you're a better man than me.

Buggins
01-04-2010, 05:35 AM
Well, I just got back from traveling, and it looks like I missed a lot of stuff. ;)

1- If Anton didn't log onto this forum, he wouldn't have seen the first thread concerning the 360 patch. That means he won't see ANY threads about the patch. Creating threads about the same thing over and over again is useless and does not help him notice you.

2- As I just said, all of these threads are the same. Newsflash- there is no news about the 360 patch! We get that already, so why do I need to read a dozen people saying it over and over again?The patch will come when it is ready.

3- I agree with many of the points said in this thread, and I really want the patch to come, but all of this is still pointless. How in ANY way is this thread going to get you the patch faster? You can complain as much as you want but it's obviously not helping.

Edit: I think this thread should be locked.

who cares what you think?

juz1
01-04-2010, 08:00 AM
there's alot of love in this thread.:grin:
________
CHEVROLET S-10 BLAZER SPECIFICATIONS (http://www.chevy-wiki.com/wiki/Chevrolet_S-10_Blazer)

Chrester
01-04-2010, 08:12 AM
there's alot of love in this thread.:grin:

Yea cant we all just get along and hug each other :lol:

PantherAttack2
01-04-2010, 11:04 AM
who cares what you think?

Who cares about the opinion of one who insults another because he has different views?

Hehe, I agree with juz1. :) And geeze, it's the internet, what's the point in me getting all angry and upset over what someone says? That would be a waste of time.

stealth finger
01-04-2010, 01:34 PM
To be honest, after gunnys rumour (even though he is a bit trollish sometimes) that 505 have decided not to push the patch on box then until we hear to the contary from Anton or someone i'm resigned to it not coming. If it had been submitted after the ps3 one dropped like they said it wouldve been out by now. If it was indeed submitted then it must've been rejected. I really hope someone can shed some light on it when they go back to work.

El_Luz
01-04-2010, 02:21 PM
I am really pissed off...
I bought this game really early, because a mod said a patch will come and fix the stickLayout-issue. I didn't play an hour, just wait for the patch and nothing happen so far.

It's really sad, that this company didn't post a firm statement.
I just wan't to know if it makes sense to wait or if I just sell this game or switch to PS3...

just drop us a line - how difficult can it be?

IiI GUNNY IiI
01-04-2010, 02:48 PM
As early as September we heard there was going to be a patch or update of some kind.Over 6 weeks ago we were told MS had it and the process would take about 3 weeks.I told you last week I had heard the update was rejected and the developers refused to work on it any longer.IE No patch.Stop waiting its not happening.Just move on and never buy a title from these people again. I will get flogged like a dog for this post,But before everyone jumps in to put me down or berate my grammar think about this to say anything you need to be able to prove me wrong.So where is the patch ?????

stealth finger
01-04-2010, 02:52 PM
I had heard the update was rejected and the developers refused to work on it any longer.

You never did say where you heard from?

Either way I hope someone comes up and says what's what in an official manner soon.

Doktorwzzerd
01-04-2010, 11:45 PM
What I love are all the biggest forum trolls posing as reluctant Cassandras burdened with the cruel responsibility of speaking the unpleasant truth. "Oh yeah, you know, I have been patiently and good-naturedly waiting ALL this time for the patch to come out but now I finally have to admit its not coming" Yeah right, you guys, you know who you are, have been saying the patch was never going to come out since early October. In fact I remember a lot of rumor threads on this forum back then from some guy claiming to be a 505 insider saying the patch wasn't coming out. Then the PS3 patch came out. Just wait, or don't I don't care, but the only thing any of us knows for certain is that none of us knows anything for certain about the 360 patch.

akuma
01-05-2010, 11:32 AM
It does seem to have been in QA for a long, long time.

I dont see how Infinity Ward can get a patch through in mere days and 505 cannot seem to get a patch through in 6 months.

Whats going on?

trk29
01-05-2010, 03:26 PM
It does seem to have been in QA for a long, long time.

I dont see how Infinity Ward can get a patch through in mere days and 505 cannot seem to get a patch through in 6 months.

Whats going on?

Because there is a lot more money in that game and it was one of the most anticipated games of the year.

juz1
01-05-2010, 07:47 PM
just to remind my aging brain, does it actually cost the dev or publisher to release a patch. Anyone know how much?
________
Buy Vaporizer (http://vaporizers.net/vaporizers)

FOZ_1983
01-05-2010, 07:58 PM
just to remind my aging brain, does it actually cost the dev or publisher to release a patch. Anyone know how much?

As far as im aware all it costs is the time it takes to sort it. Guys still earn their pay packet so they should be doing it. Its a sore subject at the mo to be honest.

juz1
01-05-2010, 08:03 PM
is there a queue for patches? ( or has everyone done too much meth over the festive season? )
________
Herbalaire Vaporizer (http://www.vaporshop.com/herbalaire-vaporizer.html)

FOZ_1983
01-05-2010, 08:16 PM
No que.

1) game has issues players complain it needs a patch
2) weeks later they amdit its got issues and they will patch it
3) months later they say the patch is ready
4) send it for certification with relevant company
5) they say its fine and then a couple of weeks later we get our patch, everyones happy

as it is were at stage 4 or 5.

Its straight forward to be honest, but IF MS have sent it back then to be quite frank it must be a shocking job they have done on the patch. At the end of the day its either with Anton and co or MS, we just dont know how to find out because nobody will tell us.

If everyone could establish what they know we could all piece this puzzle together, but its a bloody mass of confusion at the mo :(

In good time im sure we'll hear something from someone.

ontheborderland
01-05-2010, 11:24 PM
It's quite possible that Microsoft's QA has picked up the problems with the patch that Sony's missed (custom layouts not really working, p-51 reverting to crap flight model when using custom layouts, no engine stall sounds etc...), so it's gone back for another round of development.

If that is the case, I'd personally rather wait a little while longer for a patch that does everything it said it would, but the question then becomes whether or not the developer are willing / able to sink more money into redeveloping it.

The M00ps
01-05-2010, 11:45 PM
I doubt that Microsoft bothers to QA the playability aspects of the patch. They probably just check for technical compatibility with the console and Live.

InfiniteStates
01-06-2010, 09:42 AM
It costs the developer the wages, rent and bills for the duration of development. The publisher may or may not pay for this (in this case, not). And it also costs the publisher to release the patch via Sony/MS. None of which they will see in returns.

I don't know how much the manufacturers charge to release the patch, but the average game industry worker salary in the UK* is around £30k/year (more if they're contract workers rather than permanent employees). So if you have 5 guys working on it for 1 month that is £12,500 in salary, with rent and bills on top.

*Note - we get shafted compared to our US counter-parts, but then I wouldn't want to speculate on the Russian salaries.

juz1
01-06-2010, 10:24 AM
It costs the developer the wages, rent and bills for the duration of development. The publisher may or may not pay for this (in this case, not). And it also costs the publisher to release the patch via Sony/MS. None of which they will see in returns.

I don't know how much the manufacturers charge to release the patch, but the average game industry worker salary in the UK* is around ??30k/year (more if they're contract workers rather than permanent employees). So if you have 5 guys working on it for 1 month that is ??12,500 in salary, with rent and bills on top.

*Note - we get shafted compared to our US counter-parts, but then I wouldn't want to speculate on the Russian salaries.

if people find I'm a bit partisan about this forum well its the quality of responses such as the above...

sincere thanks to all:grin:
________
Cl200 (http://www.cyclechaos.com/wiki/Honda_CL200)

InfiniteStates
01-06-2010, 10:32 AM
if people find I'm a bit partisan about this forum well its the quality of responses such as the above...
Umm...not sure if that was positive or negative... :confused:

FOZ_1983
01-06-2010, 10:49 AM
Umm...not sure if that was positive or negative... :confused:

lol, amen to that. I wasnt to sure either :P

juz1
01-06-2010, 10:56 AM
humblest apologies for my lack of clarity...

and yes it is positive:grin:

c'mon guys...have a little faith in yourselves!
________
OG KUSH MARIJUANA STRAIN (http://trichomes.org/marijuana-strains/og-kush)

winny
01-06-2010, 10:56 AM
I doubt that Microsoft bothers to QA the playability aspects of the patch. They probably just check for technical compatibility with the console and Live.

I think so

If I were a betting man I'd say the updates not out because of technical issues found during QA to do with the online game.

I don't think QA really bothers too much about game play it's a lot more technical (otherwise half the games out there wouldn't get released!). Although I am guessing!

I reckon MS have probably bounced it back to the publishers at least twice, it's been a long time.....

This is all just my theory and I'm guessing really. Maybe it'll appear.