PDA

View Full Version : Update for 360 users

dwolf104
12-27-2009, 02:10 PM
Does anyone know the release date for BOP on the 360. I love this game but hate setting up the joystick everytime i want to play. The update was given to Microsoft months ago. Why so long to test it and release it. I want brakes dammit. and reversing of the sticks on the controller (mode 2 for you r/c boys)

axhat
12-27-2009, 02:44 PM
This is my opinion, but if anybody has good news I would love to hear it. Please just dont respond in defense of this fly-by night dev crew,the publisher or anybody else Anton and crew have blamed everything on.

Being that the dev's have disappeared and/or dont have the respect for the 360 customers to give us ANY info since the release of the PS3 patch I wouldn't count on seeing this game developed any further.

Just let me know if you have any proof that the game isnt dead in the water for the 360.

P.s I dont care if you thnk the game is good enough without a patch. For me and many others it simply is not.

InfiniteStates
12-27-2009, 08:00 PM
P.s I dont care if you thnk the game is good enough without a patch. For me and many others it simply is not.
Why not go and play whatever is better then? Sounds like you need to read around the forum a bit more thoroughly to understand what's going on with your patch.

Robotic Pope
12-27-2009, 08:23 PM
Why not go and play whatever is better then? Sounds like you need to read around the forum a bit more thoroughly to understand what's going on with your patch.

+1

The proof you ask for, Axhat, is writen in many, many threads on this forum.

Deascendent
12-27-2009, 08:50 PM
I thought we told Anton a while back when he finally popped his head in here and said there was no news and that he didn't want to say it because it made him look pathetic.... that we don't care!

News about no news, is better than no news!!! PLEASE!!

axhat
12-27-2009, 09:04 PM
ummmmm........ I have been playing the games I feel are better. But thanks for telling me to take my ball and go home.

I can find nothing on this or the Uplay forum that has any information since the release of the PS3 patch. By all means show me where I am wrong.

SEE
12-27-2009, 11:18 PM
Not sure what to make of the lack of 360 update coms, 'tis very odd I must admit. Patch or no patch I will soldier on! Good news is that there are still lots of peeps enjoying BOP on-line..............:grin:

InfiniteStates
12-28-2009, 12:28 AM
ummmmm........ I have been playing the games I feel are better. But thanks for telling me to take my ball and go home.

I can find nothing on this or the Uplay forum that has any information since the release of the PS3 patch. By all means show me where I am wrong.
Well why get so arsey about the patch then?

Last post by Anton:
It is basically the same as PS3 update, so it is ready. By "development" I meant mostly cycle of publisher's QA. Changed it to "production".
The publisher wouldn't be QAing it if they weren't going to release it. You'll just have to wait like all the other 360 players.

SEE
12-28-2009, 03:51 AM
This is a great title and, whilst I respect anyones opinion as to why they want a patch, I don't really understand the 'refusal to play it'. Makes me wonder why BOP is so unplayable for some and the 'dogs bollocks' (Brit slang for 'excellent'....:grin:) for others? I love it even though most of the time I'm hurtling downwards, ass smoking, wings shot full of holes having failed another feeble attempt at a 'rolling scissors' (which tends to work out more akin to 'falling scissors'). But that's my point, you don't need a patch to be a better flyer........you just need to play and play and play.....(good news was the other guy didn't get the kill.....stuff the patch, great as it is!)

EvangelusE (Gamertag)

Riceball
12-28-2009, 10:39 AM
This is a great title and, whilst I respect anyones opinion as to why they want a patch, I don't really understand the 'refusal to play it'. Makes me wonder why BOP is so unplayable for some and the 'dogs bollocks' (Brit slang for 'excellent'....:grin:) for others? I love it even though most of the time I'm hurtling downwards, ass smoking, wings shot full of holes having failed another feeble attempt at a 'rolling scissors' (which tends to work out more akin to 'falling scissors'). But that's my point, you don't need a patch to be a better flyer........you just need to play and play and play.....(good news was the other guy didn't get the kill.....stuff the patch, great as it is!)

EvangelusE (Gamertag)

I like the game, but the #1 plane I want to use is currently broken (no, I don't care if the others are fine) and my time is too valuble to me to sit around and wait for a game because of the horrible lobby system.

SEE
12-28-2009, 12:14 PM
Fair enough about the preferred plane Riceball, must be disappointing if there is a specific plane you must have, but a lot of fun can still be had in Strike and CA using alternatives (or creating matches for a set period i.e 1941). A lot of us counter the lobby system by using the Party Option so that 'friends' can join without searching. At least they get the 'coms' about state of play and when the next session is about to start instead of 'Server Not Available'. I don't mind waiting and get to chat to the others.......eager anticipation is worth the wait!

IiI GUNNY IiI
12-28-2009, 01:22 PM
There is a surefire way to stop things like this in the future.Never buy a game from these developers again.I for one will never buy anything with a 505 or C1 label again and Yplay is gone from any game selections.Ok I may have a name wrong on a developer or may have some fact wrong here so I`m sure Ill be chastised for this post.Said simply if I see any logos from this game on any other game I will not buy it "it is a do not trust this game situation"thats how I will show my displeasure.Now anyone that is ready to deflect the argument away from the subject and run from the facts can now run down my grammar .

SEE
12-28-2009, 04:17 PM
Just curious Gunny so just two questions! Have you stopped playing the game full stop or just MP? Riceball is disappointed with a particular plane and the lobby system but what aspects have made the game unplayable for you in particular (or is it the delay in the patch release)?

lost cause
12-28-2009, 04:57 PM
I offer my 2 cents worth. I feel bad for you 360 guys. Really. Yeah, the game is great and all that stuff, but I quit playing it for 2 weeks because of the controller issues. I was bored and sick of arcade and I wanted to move into sim, but I also wanted the dead zone fixed and customization before I blew any money on a stick. So I waited. I see clearly your problem and, if I owned a 360, I'd be pissed too. I'm wondering where the hell it is myself. I think it is because the game is not a big money maker and it gets put on the back burner to those games that are. Just be patient and try not to worry about it. That's all you can do. That's all I have to say about this. Except, GO COWBOYS!!!

AutomaticAddict
12-28-2009, 05:54 PM
Could it be because Microsoft being is an American-bred company and the xbox is the their console? Conspiracy I tell you, its the KGB, I know they are behind this patch BS! Makarov and his terrorists from MW2 maybe hijacked the patch then, who knows...For sure I will wait for a decent review from any game I am looking to buy with any of the companies assosiated with this endangered dodo bird of a game on the box. Hahaha, but for real, wheres the customer service department around here? Is customer satisfaction a viable business tactic for maintaining your consumer base and to create trust in a particular brand name? Anyone? Its not a trick question...

IiI GUNNY IiI
12-28-2009, 06:04 PM
Just curious Gunny so just two questions! Have you stopped playing the game full stop or just MP? Riceball is disappointed with a particular plane and the lobby system but what aspects have made the game unplayable for you in particular (or is it the delay in the patch release)?

I stopped playing due to the fact that there are a number of small problems with the game from the online scoring to the p-51.But mainly I stopped playing due to the fact that there are so few people to play with.I feel that the lack of a timely
update to fix the problems has driven the players away.The offline portion of this game took me less than a week to finish on sim.EVERY AIRCRAFT and EVERY MISSION,even the SINGLE MISSIONS in less than a week so without online players the game just got boring .

SEE
12-28-2009, 06:42 PM
Gunny, sign on bud! I have played virtually every night since the game came out and there are people playing regularly in all levels. As for the scoring? This evens out because every one experiences the same problem and we all accept that as being reasonably fair. Give it a go.............

EvangelusE (gamertag)

AutomaticAddict
12-28-2009, 06:55 PM
...Heres a trick question though, wait wait wait...Is there anyone on 360 who has won a single capture the airfields game using a flightstick on simulator, while flying the P-51D loaded out with bombs?...Waaaahahaha! This game doesnt need a patch, by whatever do you mean? Lol

SEE
12-28-2009, 07:10 PM
Sure Robotic Pope has won CA on SIM with a P51-D but uses a game PAD. In fact he gets high scores regularly in Dogfights and TB's with his P51-D and seems to have sussed how to get the most out of it without a patch. He's a good flyer and seems at one with any plane - patch or no patch! (Don't you just wanna hate him..........:grin:......only kidding RB...you're a top guy!)

AutomaticAddict
12-28-2009, 07:38 PM
You missed one condition...with the bombs loadout using a stick on sim...It is impossible, someone tell me I am wrong. No brakes? 50 Rocket kills? Overloaded fuel? Lol.

markyboyacebassist
12-28-2009, 07:41 PM
I stopped playing due to the fact that there are a number of small problems with the game from the online scoring to the p-51.But mainly I stopped playing due to the fact that there are so few people to play with.I feel that the lack of a timely
update to fix the problems has driven the players away.The offline portion of this game took me less than a week to finish on sim.EVERY AIRCRAFT and EVERY MISSION,even the SINGLE MISSIONS in less than a week so without online players the game just got boring .

The 666th has at least half a dozen members on every night so if you look out for their gamer-tags you'll get many multi player matches Or you could even join!

http://666thfighter-bomber.all-up.com/:-P

InfiniteStates
12-28-2009, 08:39 PM
Is customer satisfaction a viable business tactic for maintaining your consumer base and to create trust in a particular brand name? Anyone? Its not a trick question...
No, unfortunately, in this industry, it's not. Why do you think the biggest business model is churning out shitty license games to coincide with other media releases (mainly films)? If the ideal you proposed held true, crappy license games wouldn't work.

And as I'm sure you guys are aware...the patch does nothing to fix the problem with finding a game. Although it has added the option to create a game to the dialogue box that tells you there's no games :rolleyes:

condorz38
01-06-2010, 04:42 AM
Because people want an instant fix to all their problems with the game. Instead of enjoying the game for what it is and sin't, they would rather whine about what they don/t have. I think it is a pretty good game, yes it has problems, but it is fun to play, and one should enjoy what we have rather than complaining about what we don/t. I think the best thing is to enjoy what we have, ane accept anything more as a bonus. Why give up the fun now in hopes that the future will be better? Live and enjoy what is, and you will at least have the moment, wait and complain and you may have nothing more than empty hopes.

Slomo
01-06-2010, 05:42 AM
Because people want an instant fix to all their problems with the game. Instead of enjoying the game for what it is and sin't, they would rather whine about what they don/t have. I think it is a pretty good game, yes it has problems, but it is fun to play, and one should enjoy what we have rather than complaining about what we don/t. I think the best thing is to enjoy what we have, ane accept anything more as a bonus. Why give up the fun now in hopes that the future will be better? Live and enjoy what is, and you will at least have the moment, wait and complain and you may have nothing more than empty hopes.

I would argue with this logic. Ever since the internet and consoles were mated it seems as if every developer instantly took on the attitude that they can release flawed games and "fix it later". This attitude is pretty clear when you consider the crap that has been released only to be fixed later and especially in the "extra content" they make you pay for.

You are correct in saying the internet has spoiled the consumer, but it has spoiled the developer 10 times more. This crap didn't exist back in the days of original Nintendo, Sega Genesis, PS, N64. A game was crap or it wasn't; there was no "it will be patched, just wait" grey area. On the other side, games like MW that get patched immediately spoil the consumers into thinking that everything should be fixed in 2 weeks. It doesn't happen that way. I have given this game almost 5 months and that is a bit ridiculous in this age. The game should have been released properly or fixed immediately. Neither happened and people have a right to gripe.

I still enjoy and play this game, I subscribed to XBox live for this game only. However it takes a special kind of person to keep at this game with the flaws that exist. Some hardcore flight sim guys are absent because of the cockpit, brake, and other issues. Some score-oriented players are gone because of the multiplayer scoring issue.

You can't put all the blame on "spoiled players", the internet-ready console has spoiled the developers far more.

Riceball
01-06-2010, 07:39 AM
I'd be totally fine with the game how it is if the planes I was interested in using were worth a crap.

I know, I just don't know how to use them. Sure.

InfiniteStates
01-06-2010, 10:06 AM
Ever since the internet and consoles were mated it seems as if every developer instantly took on the attitude that they can release flawed games and "fix it later". This attitude is pretty clear when you consider the crap that has been released only to be fixed later and especially in the "extra content" they make you pay for.
Superb post (and not just the bit I quoted) :)

Although it's not the developer that is to blame, it is the publisher. They want to stop paying out to the developer ASAP, and start getting money in from sales. So they cut the dev cycle short. Believe me, the developer will be happy to work on the game until the cows come home, fixing everything and adding all the cool stuff they wanted on the publishers dime.

I know we have fixed the final bugs in a project, but the publisher goes ahead and submits a buggier previous version for release anyway. Because they didn't want to wait an extra week.

Plus, patches are annoying on many levels... it's annoying if the game is initially unplayable without one, it's annoying throwing hard disk space away on them, and if you're on a slow connection, e.g. 2mb, which you can play online with fine, but if you have to download a 500mb patch, that is you out of action for the evening...

But - it's business. And while we keep buying them, they'll keep doing it.