PDA

View Full Version : Death Star

Hento
12-25-2009, 12:56 AM
It says that it does astral damage to all living things, but mechanical units are not living, it would be nice to make this happen in the next patch so there are at least some units that would be impervious to its effects.

DGDobrev
12-25-2009, 01:02 AM
Well, you have a point, but still, astral damage is astral damage :) It cannot be resisted by anything and mechanic units shouldn't be an exception to the rule, because other spells like armageddon (which is astral + burn post-effect) will not affect them as well, which can be exploited vs. certain enemy heroes.

Hento
12-25-2009, 01:21 AM
I was very disappointed with this because mechanical units have no moral bonuses and Repair Droids have appallingly low attack and even 100% attack increase in attack from scope item doesn't apply.

So it would have been nice if they had at least one advantage.

Also, obviously, mechanical units are not living, that's why they can't be resurrected(another disadvantage).

DGDobrev
12-25-2009, 01:33 AM
Mech units have one great advantage. Get 1 stack of repair droids and 1 stack of guard droids. Split the Repair driods stack. Add something that can be resurrected by a paladin or an inquisitor and enjoy the no-loss victories. Since repair driods' ability is rechargeable, you can use it indefinitely on your tank (the guard droids) and on your repair droids (if you suffer any casualties) long after the battle is over and only a few enemy units remain.

Hento
12-26-2009, 05:34 AM
I know, but they are seriously gimped, how is it possible that all items that enhance archers don't enhance Repair Droids which have Archer in their description as a unit type, even those items for missile attacks...?

Arilian
12-28-2009, 01:10 PM
They did not help a lot of archer units. Just units with a bow.
It is probably the translation, they did horrible work. (i dont know the original just seen some examples)

Hento
01-03-2010, 03:07 AM
So why doesn't telescopic sight item affect Repair Droids?