PDA

View Full Version : Call of Colossus

Ryastar
12-22-2009, 02:39 AM
Can anyone run through how to change what troops you get from these things, and for that matter what troops you can get. I'm trying to get red dragons, but I've had no luck so far. I've tried the scroll on every island I have access to, which basically meant a quicksave before travelling, travelling, using the scroll, reloading, and trying again with a different island. Am I doing it right and just having abysmal luck, or is there some other way to manipulate the outcome?

Elwin
12-22-2009, 08:41 AM
yes, u can. use spider egg,snake egg or drgonfly egg to change the result

BoomBa
12-22-2009, 03:28 PM
What do you mean you can do it with eggs ?
can you explain how to do it ?

lauvhk
12-22-2009, 04:15 PM
What he means:

1. Use any egg. It will spawn a new creature.
2. Then use the scroll of Call Colossus. You will receive something else.

Goat
12-23-2009, 05:27 PM
Changing maps also resets this. I usually save the game, go into cave try, reload if I don't like it, then enter the cave and exit, try again, enter exit enter and try, and so on.

Ryastar
12-23-2009, 06:54 PM
Hmmm... I may have found a hidden requirement for the spell. I tried all the tips you guys posted, but still wasn't getting any red dragons. Then I had a thought - not only was I not getting red dragons, I also hadn't gotten any green ones, the two level five troops that are in my army. I decided to try temporarily ditching my red dragons in a castle, and sure enough a few reloads and uses of call of colossus later, I had 11 brand new red dragons.

I think that the spell can only summon units you don't have in your army.

Urbz
12-23-2009, 07:14 PM
Hmmm... I may have found a hidden requirement for the spell. I tried all the tips you guys posted, but still wasn't getting any red dragons. Then I had a thought - not only was I not getting red dragons, I also hadn't gotten any green ones, the two level five troops that are in my army. I decided to try temporarily ditching my red dragons in a castle, and sure enough a few reloads and uses of call of colossus later, I had 11 brand new red dragons.

I think that the spell can only summon units you don't have in your army.

Nice find, good to know I guess :)

Goat
12-23-2009, 11:29 PM
I found the same thing in my testing. I could not get more of a unit I already had even if in reserve.

Zechnophobe
12-24-2009, 07:22 PM
My god, it all makes sense now. Having an army I was running around with, that had 6 different level 5 units in it, and I *never* could manage to get a resupply stack to help me out, it was frustrating! Now I just need to drop the ones I want off at a castle, and go elsewhere.