PDA

View Full Version : Start over?

Shinji
12-21-2009, 09:05 PM
Today i played this game for the first time, i made a warrior on normal but i having some trouble making progress...
I'm lvl 5 now and i think i lose way too much units in a single battle (at least 2 in a weak battle), i even ran out of archers from the castle at the beginning...

What should i do? Start over?

Elwin
12-21-2009, 09:26 PM
first thing, always explore the land and get what u can get without a fight. I havent played legend for long si dont remind it quite well. Do u have a rage box? u should have it already and it helps much

Shinji
12-21-2009, 09:44 PM
first thing, always explore the land and get what u can get without a fight. I havent played legend for long si dont remind it quite well. Do u have a rage box? u should have it already and it helps much

No i dont have one yet...
I've decided to start over, made a new warrior but now i want to do it right.
I know the monster a bit better now...
What's are the good things to go for in the talent tree for a warrior? And what to chose when you level up? I went for the leadership all the time...

Elwin
12-21-2009, 09:56 PM
You should do first part of main quest as first to get ragebox. Should be lvl3 when you got this if u do this properly.Its main warior weapon. About choosing .. there is no one good way, some tend to go ld only some states that ld on early beging is pointles since its giving low ld and your stats per level wil be always +1. So stats now and ld later.
But its up to you ..
Skills well rage increase, exp for rage spirits and anger will be the first to get i bet.

Shinji
12-21-2009, 09:58 PM
You should do first part of main quest as first to get ragebox. Should be lvl3 when you got this if u do this properly.Its main warior weapon. About choosing .. there is no one good way, some tend to go ld only some states that ld on early beging is pointles since its giving low ld and your stats per level wil be always +1. So stats now and ld later.
But its up to you ..
Skills well rage increase, exp for rage spirits and anger will be the first to get i bet.

thx for the quick help ^^
hope i dont screw up now, cuz i rly like this game :)

ill post how it went ;)

ow one more question: are there any talents i have to pick from the other 2 talenttrees?

Elwin
12-21-2009, 10:07 PM
of course you do. especialy magic one, you will not have much magic runes as a warrior but getting magic to learn spells is a must be. You can skip chaos magic but distortion and order help a lot.Oh and do not learn every spell you get, you wil not have enough crystals for that

Shinji
12-22-2009, 07:54 AM
N what about those starter items... do i rly have to get 2 off the best at the starting place?

Elwin
12-22-2009, 08:07 AM
NO you dont. It helps but its not realy neeeded.

Shinji
12-22-2009, 06:26 PM
My new warrior is level 5 now n i have 48000 gold, 32 mana, 52 rage and 1134 LD
my setup is:
10 bowmen
10 priests
3 archmages
8 bears
8 griffons

my only learned spell is lvl1 battlecry

the problem is now that i realy have a hard time killing big troops (like 48 spiders)
should i learn the healspell? or is it a waste?
or are there any other spells i should have at this level?

Elwin
12-22-2009, 06:33 PM
48 spiders i wouldnt call a big stack at all .. healspell is ok.Well for warior you dont need damaging spells but support and crowd control spells.
army composition isnt bad. I think one of the best unit avaialbe on begining are royal snakes they are awesome. U can find them in snake cave in arlania or at one of frog castles at swamp. Rember this game is much about exploring and tricking an enemy. If u have problem with enemy u can always try to fool him and get to the area you want ;p berserk fighting everything at start wil mostly lead to lose in the end. Unless you are very skilled player of course ;p

Shinji
12-22-2009, 08:32 PM
I exchanged my bears for the royal snakes, they are indeed awesome ^^
i got enough money to buy the gladiator's sword, but then ill only have 2000 left, should i wait for it a bit longer?

n sry for all the questions, but you rly are a great help ^^

Elwin
12-22-2009, 09:12 PM
well, gladiator gives 10 runes after 50 battles, maybe u dont need it at that moment but dont forget about it. there is around 500 battles so its long way but there is a posssibilty to take it too late for bonus.
Of course you have sleem and zerock on your command? :p

Shinji
12-22-2009, 09:34 PM
well, gladiator gives 10 runes after 50 battles, maybe u dont need it at that moment but dont forget about it. there is around 500 battles so its long way but there is a posssibilty to take it too late for bonus.
Of course you have sleem and zerock on your command? :p

only zerock...

Elwin
12-22-2009, 09:43 PM
why not sleem? its easy to saturate him .. it was 40 spiders i think .. or something like that .. sleem is much a help, when he get few levels he get evi shoal ability, the massive area damage which kill almost everything at begining.

Shinji
12-22-2009, 10:53 PM
just got him, that skill is really handy indeed ^^
almost lvl6 now, this is going way better than my first attempt :)

now i see how useful a good tank can be.
But its getting harder and harder to make sure my tank doesnt lose any units, any tips?

Elwin
12-22-2009, 10:56 PM
stoneskin spell if u have. there is no realy decent tank in the begining actualy. I guess you use magic shield from archmage for tanking

Shinji
12-22-2009, 11:01 PM
Yeah i use my archmages for that. But still...
I use griffons as tank, but when a troop of 100 somethings attacks it, it loses 1 unit. Griffons aren't that cheap, so i rather keep them alive :)

btw, this is starting to look like a beginnersguide :p

Elwin
12-22-2009, 11:06 PM
Well the best for beginig to not lose much is having the inquisitors, but they are pretty random and do not always appear.

Shinji
12-22-2009, 11:15 PM
guess ill have to keep using walls :p

think ill make a guide with all this information, maybe it will help others :)

Elwin
12-22-2009, 11:19 PM
There is another thing i forgot. If u realy need tank u can kite the tent guardian in greenwort .. it will provide some knights or horsemans which are better tanks than griffin.
About guides it was written here already and not much ppl need it now. All poeple seem to move to Armored Princess :P

But i see you are good at tactics :p so game wont make you much trouble, maybe karador might do

Shinji
12-22-2009, 11:22 PM
they just had this one at the store for a very low price ^^
but i think ill play the sequel too :)

Shinji
12-22-2009, 11:31 PM
Final question (for today :p)
I know what morale does, but is there any way to boost it?

Nike-it
12-23-2009, 06:24 AM
Final question (for today :p)
I know what morale does, but is there any way to boost it?

Some items can increase morale.

Elwin
12-23-2009, 07:17 AM
items or wives. Well AP is not so cheap :P I find it much better than Tl but its also harder, finishing Legend is much recomended. sometimes units can do also. But rising neutral unit morale is rare

Shinji
12-23-2009, 10:39 PM
things are going good i think :)
im almost lvl 8 now and ive cleared the first continent. (except for some hard heroes) n i have about 100.000 gold
but i dont know when i have to go to the next one, cuz when i arrived the first time they were all (strong/very strong) or am i going to the wrong one?

Elwin
12-23-2009, 11:00 PM
wel i do not know where u went ;p The nly possible way is the freedom islands, yes they will be marked as very strong. First what you should do is to get everything what is possible without fight on north western and eastern island. If i remind correctly you can find around 1000 leadership there, it helps a lot ;p

Shinji
12-27-2009, 09:36 PM
i did what you said n took all the loot i could get
i'm lvl 10 now, got 200k gold n 4000 LD, but im still stuck, i can win a battle, but i always lose units...
the ranged units keeps killing my priest and bowmen
and the melee units kill 2/3 griffins every fight...
what am i doing wrong?

Razorflame
12-31-2009, 04:38 AM
your unit combination is bad!
:>

bowmen are really bad ranged units due to their high leadership cost and damage they do

priest are pretty useless vs living units

you should take

horseman/royal snakes
inqi's
alchemist(their potions rocks and they are garantueed although not alot of people like them due to their relative high leadership)
evil beholders(mind control owns, and their sleeping ray is also very nice)
for the last unit u can take anyone i mostly try to get a shaman from the inn on arlania if ain't getting that i ussualy restart my game

shamans are masters of killing bosses ;-) especially with phantom you own any boss with any combination ^^(so long there is at least 1 ranged unit xD)

and if your an undead leader

use ancient vamps
normal vamps
cursed ghost
skellie archers
ghost

simple as that

any other unit i would not recommend
but then again it's your choice

Shinji
01-03-2010, 10:25 PM
i cant find any inqi's... :(
n i only have 14 horsemen n i im kinda affraid to lose them becuz i cant buy/res them

Razorflame
01-04-2010, 04:40 AM
inqi's can be found at mage tower (same where u get the rage box)

or at the infurious paladin

or at eastern island from the first pirate where u buy ships from
else replace the inqi with royal snakes combined with horseman

Elwin
01-04-2010, 08:08 AM
but its random.They might not be there

Shinji
01-04-2010, 04:09 PM
no they are not there, guess i have bad luck :(

and i only have 14 horsemen, its all i can find...

pfff i dont know if i should keep playing, no inq's n almost no horsemen...

Elwin
01-04-2010, 05:14 PM
why not? i rember playing without them on my first game as well , but i hardly can remember what was my setup. What i can suggest :
kill lucky james. Sneak to dwarven lands , gather nice units like cannoneers cyclops on giants and return then.

Shinji
01-05-2010, 02:12 PM
i made a new army:
shaman (38)
evil beholder (44)
giant (4)
cyclops (4)
cannoneer (36)

i use my giant as tank for the melee and my cyclops (with target on) for the ranged. only downside is that i cant heal them with my totems :(

just killed the giant spider with no losses tho ^^

Razorflame
01-06-2010, 09:11 PM
seems like a very weak army compostition ^^

and killing the spider and kraken is easy ^^

Elwin
01-06-2010, 09:46 PM
i would call this army composition weak.