PDA

View Full Version : No turning back

lost cause
12-21-2009, 05:31 PM
I got a new headset this weekend (now I'm live!) and ws trying to get it to work on the PS3. It took a little doing figuring it out. Everytime I tried something, I would go online into a lobby to see if I was up. If I wasn't, I'd quit out and try again. So I finally got going and ended in arcade team dogfight with some friends I had flown with prior to moving to sim. It was a joke! I got no kills. The action was faster than I had remembered. The planes were super planes. No thinking to it. Just keep pushing the target button and go for the nearest guy. If you didn't like the setup, push the target button again and go for somebody else. Banging the stick left and right. Constantly in WEP. And the wild pac menatality! I looked up and the score was 140-0!!! I was shocked! My team was winning and I didn't have a single kill. Nobody said a word about it, they just kept the slaughter up. I tried to get the guys to play some sim but they wouldn't. Mumbled something about no stick. I had to quit arcade because it was boring me and I had accomplished everything I could so I moved up to sim a few weeks ago. After that battle, I'm done with it. Sim is a completely new and involving game which is very demanding and challenging. Arcade is just a mess!!

SgtPappy
12-21-2009, 05:50 PM
Hey lost cause. I guess that was you trying to work out the radio last week? Hah, it was good flying with you against those two pro German players.

Just remember, the ground is not your friend :-P

But don't worry about it. You'll eventually develop the skills necessary for this kind of crazy flying. Have a bunch of flights on offline practise mode so you can learn some skills on flying low while keeping your eyes on the enemy planes.

Also, tonnes of us guys play sim every weekend (as will I until school starts up again) and you can add some of our names off the list here: http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=9800

Hope to see you again up there!

SEE
12-21-2009, 06:04 PM
From what you say, it's a good job the devs didn't patch blackouts and redouts in Arcade level. Poor folks wouldn't see much of a match otherwise! I tried it once.....twas enough for me but if the planes looked like flying saucers and the terrain was sort of 'Alien' .................I might have tried it twice! :grin:

lost cause
12-21-2009, 06:43 PM
Those two guys were pros? We didn't get wupped too bad then! Yeah, I was a little nervous. Don't know why, but I was. Yup, the ground is not my friend. You gotta be careful lookin around for a long time. My plane ended up goin downhill several time and wouln't pull up. Also tryin to keep up at treetop level is pure nerves. Lookin around tryin to spot somebody and haulin ass with the wings full of tree branches has a tendancy to use up planes! I'll see ya up there for sure. It makes me nervous whenever I see names from this forum in the lobby. I flew with irrelevent a couple times also. I just know I'm fixin to get schooled. I guess 2 or 3 is a pretty good score for 20 minutes, huh?

dkwookie
12-21-2009, 09:46 PM
The action was faster than I had remembered. The planes were super planes. No thinking to it. Just keep pushing the target button and go for the nearest guy. If you didn't like the setup, push the target button again and go for somebody else. Banging the stick left and right. Constantly in WEP. And the wild pac menatality! I looked up and the score was 140-0!!! I was shocked! My team was winning and I didn't have a single kill. Nobody said a word about it, they just kept the slaughter up.

That sounds like a great match, score was a bit low though :-)
Talking in arcade mode gets in the way of the carnage. I dont like idle chatter when there are noobs to be shredded ;)