PDA

View Full Version : The Sacrifice scroll

zoltar
12-19-2009, 09:44 PM
I can't seem to find the Sacrifice scroll, one of my favorite spells from KBTL. I know most things in the game are random, but are any places more likely than others to have it? I have tried skipping around to every shop on every island using cheat codes, but couldn't find it that way. :(

DGDobrev
12-20-2009, 07:01 AM
Try the save game scanner to get a report and search for the spell in it. If you can't find it in the shops, you will have to rely heavily on the treasure searcher ability of the pet dragon and hope for the best.

zoltar
12-20-2009, 11:02 AM
Try the save game scanner to get a report and search for the spell in it. If you can't find it in the shops, you will have to rely heavily on the treasure searcher ability of the pet dragon and hope for the best.
Thank you very much, that's a fantasic tool! Now I suddenly realize why some people bother with no-loss campaigns. :)

Regarding my problem, there was actually one shop that had a single copy of the Sacrifice scroll: Asklepy's Lab on Sheterra. Probably one of the worst places to get to, right?

According to the tool, maps to Sheterra can be found on the Grand Canal, Nameless Island, and River of Memory. Getting to Nameless will be a project in itself, so forget about that. Is it easy to get to River of Memory or Grand Canal? I only have access to the following islands at the moment:
Tekron, Umkas, Montero, Verona, Rusty Anchor, Debir, Dersu, Scarlet Wind, and Bola.

Elwin
12-20-2009, 11:36 AM
NO forget canal, its to hard to get.
Its much easier on nameless. Actualy its not guarde at all on nameless. And geting to nameless is very easy from umkas( the map next to wise owl)

And no loss campaigns have notihng with this too. I did it and many others before it was created.

zoltar
12-20-2009, 02:26 PM
NO forget canal, its to hard to get.
Its much easier on nameless. Actualy its not guarde at all on nameless. And geting to nameless is very easy from umkas( the map next to wise owl)
Turns out it doesn't matter - I just got it from a randomly digged chest in combat, just like DGDobrev suggested. After having digged hundreds of chests, I happen to get it just after I know where to get the scroll in a shop. :lol:

And no loss campaigns have notihng with this too. I did it and many others before it was created.
Based on my experience on normal, no-loss would be impossible (or at least incredibly frustrating) without a lot of luck in the beginning of the game. The low HP units you normally get when starting die like flies, and you don't have any powerful spells like phantom, resurrection, hypnotize. Isn't there a high risk of having to restart the game from scratch if you are unlucky with placement of high powered units and scrolls?

Elwin
12-20-2009, 02:45 PM
There are many things lamosyt guaranteed allowing that. This tool helps of course but its not why popele do no loss .. Its just bacause its not so tedious as it was in legend

Arilian
12-22-2009, 03:52 PM
There are many things lamosyt guaranteed allowing that. This tool helps of course but its not why popele do no loss .. Its just bacause its not so tedious as it was in legend

I have used th save game scanner last time to be sure i have it at verona.

I do not use ma kiteing though so it took me a while to get there.
On the first fight on Verona i got it from a battlefiled chest - and later on the told castle. This was probably a coincidance but a weird one :)

Arilian
12-22-2009, 03:59 PM
"Based on my experience on normal, no-loss would be impossible (or at least incredibly frustrating) without a lot of luck in the beginning of the game. The low HP units you normally get when starting die like flies, and you don't have any powerful spells like phantom, resurrection, hypnotize. Isn't there a high risk of having to restart the game from scratch if you are unlucky with placement of high powered units and scrolls?"

Luck is always nice, and most people like to start with specific conditions but the begining can be done even if you are totally unlucky.

Inquisitors are garanteed, Paladins can be get withough a fight and with no extreme kiting. Later you can you the Emerald dragon from the Q for tanking - if you are REALLY unlucky and get no heal spell, you can still have priest:)

You will might miss good spells later a lot, but missing one or two spells is usually not a tragedy. Missing phantom is really bad, but you can have summons instead. Missing Ressurect can be helpd by phatomed paladins etc...