PDA

View Full Version : Edal's Flight School for PS3 SIM Beginners Only (personal training)

edal86
12-16-2009, 02:41 PM
http://i610.photobucket.com/albums/tt184/edal86/agenda.jpg

** If you are interested please post your PSN ID, I Will contact you as soon as I can **

** NEW SIM PLAYERS WILL BE PRIORITY ****

* fangface666
* haitch40
* kavorland
* hrok81
* trueshotcaller (Next session - Session 3 continuation)
* lost_cause64
* humblebumbler
* zjfo
* ezee63

edal86
12-16-2009, 02:44 PM
Where can I sign up for this service?? I'm in :grin:

You will be first on my list if you are interested

haitch40
12-16-2009, 02:49 PM
hmm i wouldent mind some tips from u cos u are the master of this game although i have sim prety much nailed now

KAV
12-16-2009, 02:53 PM
Signing in.
ID: kavorland

edal86
12-16-2009, 02:59 PM
hmm i wouldent mind some tips from u cos u are the master of this game although i have sim prety much nailed now

I can give you a little test match and see how you do and where you are at, and we can work from there.

* By the way, Rhah may be dropping out of Ace of Aces tournament and has mentioned that he is willing to leave you his spot, please answer to this at the ace of aces thread

Hrok81
12-16-2009, 03:45 PM
I know I'm not exactly new to the game, but you saw me "flying" (read: being shot down one billion times) the other day, so...if you don't mind...

P-51
12-16-2009, 03:45 PM
If you need help i'd be happy to!

trueshotcaller
12-16-2009, 05:10 PM
Hi edal, I'd appreciate a test match too... even though I've been playing a bit, I still seemed not to have 'turned the corner' - I played on the same team as you and others the other day, with an La-5, and couldn't manage a single kill.

Then on the same team as Mirgervin, against you and a small group, I think I lucked into a kill off of a hit where the guy crashed soon afterward.

I really need to see why my turn & burn isn't up to par.

On another note, I tried a boom & zoom plane, the Bf-109 K4 I think, against Mirgervin yesterday on a 1 v 1 and frustrated him so much with it that he actually quit the game. I think he quite possibly is what we call a 'cheeser' - I was giving him quite a fight with the changed tactics and he wasn't up to the change in strategy needed to get kills. I think he's mastered being able to turn quickly on someone's 6 and get his kills... he may even be using some sort of unseen advantage to do so, I don't know, b/c once I managed to make him earn his kills he quit. He even crashed his plane once I damaged it to get a new one - I'm really beginning to think he's a cheap player, and I'm thinking about dodging him if he doesn't straighten up and fly right so to speak...

lost cause
12-16-2009, 10:56 PM
Christmas and Christmas eve are out. I am off week between Chiristmas and New Years and will be available some mornings while my wife is at work. Im two hours ahead of you and usually stay up till 1,2, or 3am. I have some car work to do but not everyday. I'll post here Sunday my schedule for next week. So maybe late morning/early afternoon or later in the evening a few sessions? Is this OK? Oh, and I now am miked up.

edal86
12-16-2009, 11:33 PM
I will contact you guys soon, by the way how many of you guys have a headset? not necessary but it may be helpful

trueshotcaller
12-17-2009, 02:49 AM
have u tried n contact him and tryn to sort this out between u 2 b4 coming in here making these kinds of remarks.

Again I dont want to b a b*tch about it (wow been doin alot of peacekeeping today... maybe I am a b*tch :o lol) but i've been playin mirgervin quite often and, tho he's def not the kind of guy that'll go ez on u if you're strugglin, he came out as a nice guy and helped me in my progress... just sayin

No need to sort it out b4 saying what I said. It's just a fact - he couldn't shoot my down turn & burn style so he quit on the game. This is cheap.

This has nothing to do with 'struggling,' this has to do with honorable play.

STINGERSIX78
12-17-2009, 02:56 AM
if u need a test target. i would play the drone. ;)

xX-SiLeNcE-Xx
12-17-2009, 03:01 AM
No need to sort it out b4 saying what I said. It's just a fact - he couldn't shoot my down turn & burn style so he quit on the game. This is cheap.

This has nothing to do with 'struggling,' this has to do with honorable play.

Are you sure he quit though. On multiple occasions, I've just been disconnected with no reason as to why...

trueshotcaller
12-17-2009, 05:32 AM
c'mon m8 dont b like that: we've all had days where for some reason things tend to b more aggravating... maybe he was having one of those and simply quit... maybe he lost connection...
I'd give him the benefit of the doubt. The guy's a sport (well, that could obviously b argued) and one hell of a pilot

Anyways life's too short to let things like that get to u m8

Cheers

Dude, life is too short for you to come in here and try to tell me what to say and not to say about someone else's game play. Why don't *you* drop it? This was about him, not you, you weren't there, you have no reason to drum up reasons why *you* think *he* quit. He was cheap. I know. I was there. So I'm talking about it. *You* are inserting your uninformed opinion on the matter. You're not peace making here, you're butting in on a situation that didn't concern you. If he has an issue with what I posted, let him come here and explain himself for himself please.

Mate, again, please drop it - this matter does not concern you, and now you're turning it into something it doesn't have to be.

trueshotcaller
12-17-2009, 05:40 AM
Are you sure he quit though. On multiple occasions, I've just been disconnected with no reason as to why...

Yes I'm sure. Right after he missed his last pass at me, after missing the pass before when I landed some hits on him, after flying around chasing me, he quit. The timing was impeccable.

We'll see if he makes a habit of this in future games. If he doesn't - fine, he shouldn't. If he does, we won't be surprised.

edal86
12-17-2009, 10:17 AM
are u f*in serious?
this is a public forum where ppl can post their opinion -as u and i did - now if u only want the opinion of the ppl concerned - which in this case i believe is only u and migervin - then the word PRIVATE MESSAGE comes to mind...

Now if the point of ur little side note there was to make the guy come out and publicly apologize to you for leaving the game - or even better to explain to us all what is this "unsceen advantage" he's enjoyin ( the guy must b rofl if he reads this, i kno i would), well i think u should try to learn and apply the 3 G's: Grow up, Grow some balls and Get a grip.

please dont ruin the respect I have for you, ignore his comments and the problem wont escalate. Take your own advice and send him a private message, argue there, not here please.

KAV
12-17-2009, 11:53 AM
edal89

Above all the gossip there was a question about headset.
I aint got 1, but will soon.

Hrok81
12-17-2009, 01:44 PM
I got one

trueshotcaller
12-17-2009, 02:35 PM
I have a headset too...

haitch40
12-17-2009, 02:56 PM
i dont have a headset but i can hear you talking through 1 just cant talk back

trk29
12-17-2009, 03:46 PM
Please stay on topic this thread is for Edal's Flight School.

fangface666
12-17-2009, 04:25 PM
You will be first on my list if you are interested

I most certainly am, I'm not a complete noob, I've been playing since October but gave the online stuff a rest whilst waiting for the patch, and hav now made the leap to sim, the problem I have, apart from being a flying target drone, is turning. Or rather out turning my foe!

I played on Wednesday seperately with DH1979 and Olife, with dinoh I was in an La 7, that wasnt too bad I think I got 1 kill, I respawned at the usual height, dinoh was hugging the deck coming in my direction and for once I managed to roll and dive onto him getting the kill :-P the rest of the time he kicked my arse.

The second game with Olife I just had my arse handed to me, 20 min game I got 1 lucky kill on a head on pass, the rest of the time I was cannon fodder.

What really got me was we would make a headon pass and before I had even turned through 180 degrees he had managed to turn onto my six, didnt think hurri's had handbrakes :grin: although I was in a P51b dont know if that makes a differance?

Although afterwards Olife did send me a nice message congratulating me on my courage, lambs to the slaughter more like;)

So its the this aspect that I need tuition on, unless when we do play you see A whole load of other issues!!!:rolleyes:

And I have a head set too.

haitch40
12-17-2009, 04:28 PM
Please stay on topic this thread is for Edal's Flight School.

edal asked us who had headsets

fangface666
12-17-2009, 04:28 PM
Edal, I have just seen your B-day thread, It was my birthday on the 15th Dec, I cant believe you are "only" 24.........I'm now 38!

Can you teach an old dog new tricks?

We will see!

fangface666
12-17-2009, 04:31 PM

Haitch, that wasnt directed at you buddy.:grin:

Irishmandkg
12-17-2009, 11:32 PM
I'm not too good with sim, mostly stick to realistic.

lost cause
12-18-2009, 12:15 AM
I don't have a headset either. I get paid tomorrow so I can get one. Been wanting one anyway. I usually play alone and could use the company! How do they work? Do you have to use one of the USB ports? I'm alreadu using both ports. Wal Mart? Best Buy? Target? any of the above? What brand is a good one?

Old man? At 38? Ha! I don't think anyone haere is as old as me. I'm.......Damn! I'm...f......fi...Damn! I'm......... ..... Damn! I can't say it

edal86
12-18-2009, 12:30 AM
I don't have a headset either. I get paid tomorrow so I can get one. Been wanting one anyway. I usually play alone and could use the company! How do they work? Do you have to use one of the USB ports? I'm alreadu using both ports. Wal Mart? Best Buy? Target? any of the above? What brand is a good one?

Old man? At 38? Ha! I don't think anyone haere is as old as me. I'm.......Damn! I'm...f......fi...Damn! I'm......... ..... Damn! I can't say it

I bought a LG bluetooth for my ps3 works well and cost 16 dollars on ebay (shipping included) battery lasts 8 hours, but I never charge it so I usually run out of battery faster (no usb port needed with a bluetooth)

Again, it is not necessary, I just want to know who has one, as long as you can hear me it is ok.

lost cause
12-18-2009, 01:04 AM
Ok. LG bluetooth. I'll look around. Thanks for doin this by the way. A bit of chivelry never hurt anybody.

trk29
12-18-2009, 01:39 AM

I wasn't talking about your post. I was talking about the first one talking about mergirvin.:-P

haitch40
12-18-2009, 09:05 AM
I wasn't talking about your post. I was talking about the first one talking about mergirvin.:-P

ok oops im a bit embarased now
btw how do u do the embaresed emoticon?

edal86
12-18-2009, 09:10 AM
Sorry guys, just finished this semester finals and I am caught up with Christmas shopping, I will work with you all as soon as I can :)

InfiniteStates
12-18-2009, 10:02 AM
Thanks for doin this by the way. A bit of chivelry never hurt anybody.
I disagree - think of all the poor victims when Edal creates a load of sim monsters and unleashes them into the wild... :P

fangface666
12-18-2009, 05:26 PM
Sorry guys, just finished this semester finals and I am caught up with Christmas shopping, I will work with you all as soon as I can :)

No worries buddy, I think all us Padawan's are just grateful someone is prepared to take us under their wing (get it) rather than just use us as cannon fodder:grin:

We await your instruction Yoda!

edal86
12-19-2009, 12:39 AM
All trainees, please read the first post for instructions and description of the training.

See you guys soon. :)

trueshotcaller
12-19-2009, 12:48 AM
Edal, I really like the way you create, plan, and organize your events. Great, great training system you've set up here!

I'm on the US Eastern time zone - just let me know when you're ready - I'm usually available after 9pm EST... thanks! I'm looking forward to learning and getting better!

edal86
12-19-2009, 01:02 AM
Edal, I really like the way you create, plan, and organize your events. Great, great training system you've set up here!

I'm on the US Eastern time zone - just let me know when you're ready - I'm usually available after 9pm EST... thanks! I'm looking forward to learning and getting better!

thank you, I have not turn on my PS3 since yesterday, but by tomorrow (saturday)or later today (friday) I will be online more often. See you then my friend

trk29
12-19-2009, 05:35 AM
ok oops im a bit embarased now
btw how do u do the embaresed emoticon?

:-[

:-$

:$

These are the three that I know of but this forum doesn't accept them for some reason.

irrelevant
12-19-2009, 06:27 AM
@edal!

LOL - upon our first tournament meeting, you have revealed to me that you initially thought i was "easy prey." after managing a win (you were at a disadvantage, of course), i suddenly became a "future menace", at which point you demolished me.

bwahahaha! i love it! ;)

edal86
12-19-2009, 09:23 AM
@edal!

LOL - upon our first tournament meeting, you have revealed to me that you initially thought i was "easy prey." after managing a win (you were at a disadvantage, of course), i suddenly became a "future menace", at which point you demolished me.

bwahahaha! i love it! ;)

lol, ok now those emoticons of embarrassment could come in handy. :)

But yes that is the edalmeter for showing the skill of my opponents :)

haitch40
12-19-2009, 09:40 AM
lol, ok now those emoticons of embarrassment could come in handy. :)

But yes that is the edalmeter for showing the skill of my opponents :)

lol how could you make an edalmeter it would go off the scale and break as soon as it saw you flying :D

HumbleBumbler
12-19-2009, 10:22 AM
Would be grateful if you could add me too!!

Thanks

trueshotcaller
12-19-2009, 03:53 PM
Just wanted to report that I've had my 1st training session with Edal, and he is an extremely patient, extremely thorough flight instructor. After only one session, I'm already a measurably better pilot - it's really interesting just how much there is to learn about even *seemingly* minor aspects of simulation flight!

To future students - if you pay strict attention, you WILL learn and get better with Edal showing you the ropes!

Looking forward to my next training session!!!

He-111
12-19-2009, 05:53 PM
You can sign me up!

PSN: zjfo

edal86
12-19-2009, 08:57 PM
Thanks for joining guys.

Again, what I teach you is basically what I have learned from playing the game. I wont get technical because, I can't, I dont have the knowledge that some of you show about planes. What I do have is experience and that is what you will learn from me.

Another thing, you must be patient; with yourself and with me. English is not my first language so sometimes I need time to figure out what I want to communicate.

Thanks again, see you guys soon :)

haitch40
12-20-2009, 09:39 AM
. English is not my first language so sometimes I need time to figure out what I want to communicate.

its not? well you fooled me there you speak like it is

P-51
12-20-2009, 04:37 PM
its not? well you fooled me there you speak like it is

I honestly have to agree, I didn't realise at all!

edal86
12-20-2009, 10:19 PM
I honestly have to agree, I didn't realise at all!

Well, It is very different writing and speaking. :) But thanks for the compliments

ezee63
12-21-2009, 05:15 AM
I sure could benefit from some flight training.
PSN: ezee63

edal86
12-21-2009, 05:38 AM
I sure could benefit from some flight training.
PSN: ezee63

Great to have new faces interested in simulation mode. I will take you in.

haitch40
12-21-2009, 08:33 AM
Well, It is very different writing and speaking. :) But thanks for the compliments
true but ur english grammer is better than mine and im pure english :P

P-51
12-21-2009, 09:15 AM
true but ur english grammer is better than mine and im pure english :P

Again, I have to agree! (I did just double check my grammar lol :grin:).

edal86
12-22-2009, 10:15 PM
* To all trainees, I have not used my PS3 for 2 days now, so if you added me and I have not responded dont think that Im ignoring you.

* It will be very helpful for me if you posted here when you plan to be online for a training session, sort of an appointment. Be sure to give me a 6-12 hour in advance notice, to eliminate time zone differences. In the case that I log in and see you online I will invite you for your training, if you are ready.

Thanks

haitch40
12-23-2009, 10:42 AM
* To all trainees, I have not used my PS3 for 2 days now, so if you added me and I have not responded dont think that Im ignoring you.

* It will be very helpful for me if you posted here when you plan to be online for a training session, sort of an appointment. Be sure to give me a 6-12 hour in advance notice, to eliminate time zone differences. In the case that I log in and see you online I will invite you for your training, if you are ready.

Thanks

time zone im on till fri 10 am to 6pm gmt next week im on holiday and then i got till the 5th jan 10 am to 6pm

edal86
12-23-2009, 10:48 AM
time zone im on till fri 10 am to 6pm gmt next week im on holiday and then i got till the 5th jan 10 am to 6pm

ok dont worry, family is first, have a great time

lost cause
12-23-2009, 12:52 PM
Hi edal! I don't know if this will work out for me. I'm on holiday from today till Jan 4th. Christmas eve and Christmas day are out. The best time is next week when my wife is at work, but I'm helping my sons work on their cars and I need to do some on mine too. But not everyday. I will post here by Sunday what days I will be free and an evening or two or three. How late are you willing to stay up? I'm on central time USA. Two hours ahead of you. I can go till 1,2, or 3am. So maybe a late morning session or later evening session? Or two?

haitch40
12-23-2009, 01:06 PM
ok dont worry, family is first, have a great time

btw i ment im on 10am to 6pm tomorow and today im back from holiday on the 31st

haitch40
12-31-2009, 03:05 PM
btw i now have a headset
i also have a new tv that has better picture but my mother insists i have it far back so i dont hurt my eyes (oh lord i hate mothers)
also i am alot better in groups than 1v1 as i usualy target an enemy chasing some1 else and then attack

edal86
01-02-2010, 08:44 AM
btw i now have a headset
i also have a new tv that has better picture but my mother insists i have it far back so i dont hurt my eyes (oh lord i hate mothers)
also i am alot better in groups than 1v1 as i usualy target an enemy chasing some1 else and then attack

lol, good news. You will see how it is easier to spot an enemy with a big screen tv :)

Looks like you are prepared for everything my friend, the headset will be very useful

haitch40
01-02-2010, 01:00 PM
lol, good news. You will see how it is easier to spot an enemy with a big screen tv :)

Looks like you are prepared for everything my friend, the headset will be very useful

yes the headset is useful
but i whenever i talk to people on it i become nervous and i dont know why maybe its because i havent spoken to you lot before or maybe its cos my mother is in the next room and can here everything i say (might start to shut my door)

edal86
01-02-2010, 11:22 PM
yes the headset is useful
but i whenever i talk to people on it i become nervous and i dont know why maybe its because i havent spoken to you lot before or maybe its cos my mother is in the next room and can here everything i say (might start to shut my door)

lol, yes. My girlfriend sometimes says that I look stupid talking to the TV. Women will never understand technology lol. Just kidding, all women are exceptional beings.

InfiniteStates
01-02-2010, 11:55 PM
PMSL women will never understand men talking to a game console/TV, and yet they can sit and talk on the phone for hours... go figure ;)

haitch40
01-03-2010, 01:14 PM
lol true women do think its weird and then talk on the phone for hours.