PDA

View Full Version : KB:AP DVD 3 activation limit!

Metroplex
12-16-2009, 05:39 AM
I know they want to protect their game, But I regularly reinstall everything (I made the mistake of installing it on Windows 7 RC which expires on 1 March 2010!) so now I only have 2 activations left!
Will this limitation ever be lifted? (like Bioshock was):evil:

Urbz
12-16-2009, 09:35 AM
uff that's harsh indeed, but not alot you can do about it really. I doubt it'll be liften but who knows? Time will tell eh.
I guess this is an up-side of buying a digital game at least.

jake21
12-16-2009, 07:11 PM
Which publisher has this silly limit of 3 crap ?

I know they want to protect their game, But I regularly reinstall everything (I made the mistake of installing it on Windows 7 RC which expires on 1 March 2010!) so now I only have 2 activations left!
Will this limitation ever be lifted? (like Bioshock was):evil:

Metroplex
12-17-2009, 03:44 AM
The publisher... 1C I believe.

DarrkPhoenix
12-23-2009, 06:19 AM
Rather unfortunate that they decided to go with a (limited) activation DRM model for the DVD release. Guess this means I won't be getting this game for quite some time, if at all. It's a pity, too, as I really liked King's Bounty and had been planning to get a DVD copy of this expansion as soon as it came out, but I'm simply not willing to pay over $20 for a game that requires remote activation (e.g. the download versions), and anything with limited activations is simply a no go under any conditions. Oh well, there's far more games I'm interested in than I have time to play, so all this ends up meaning is that 1C loses out on a sale while some other company gets my money.

Csimbi
12-23-2009, 05:22 PM
Rather unfortunate that they decided to go with a (limited) activation DRM model for the DVD release. Guess this means I won't be getting this game for quite some time, if at all. It's a pity, too, as I really liked King's Bounty and had been planning to get a DVD copy of this expansion as soon as it came out, but I'm simply not willing to pay over $20 for a game that requires remote activation (e.g. the download versions), and anything with limited activations is simply a no go under any conditions. Oh well, there's far more games I'm interested in than I have time to play, so all this ends up meaning is that 1C loses out on a sale while some other company gets my money.
Ditto. I guess this obsoletes my question (http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=12028).