PDA

View Full Version : Is there a way to restore/heal fallen Royal Thorns?

harisbr
12-14-2009, 08:40 AM
I try not to lose anyone and if one dies I usually restart the fight, but it is frustrating not to be able to heal them at all. Even paladin resurrect doesn't work. Sacrifice doesn't work on them either.

I am addicted to Royal Thorns, i cant play without them :D Unfortunately Im running out, just a few left in Rusty Anchor and Im currently on Montero after clearing the biggest part of Verona. Thank god Temple of Love gave me 450 Paladins. Is there a place that has a high percentage of giving Royal Thorns after Montero? The other toon Im running out are the Royal Griffins, but on these i can use Sacrifice.

My current setup is: 21 Royal Thorns, 37 Paladins, 80 or smt Inquisitors, 4 Emerald Dragons and 37 Royal Griffins. Back up: 7 Trolls and 6 Cyclops. My strategy is simple, I summon griffins and thorns and send them afront together with fully buffed Dragons. This strategy works pretty well and i usually have no losses. Im playing a warrior Amelie on normal difficulty. Currently level 23 with 70 fights without loss and 10-15 fights with minor losses.

Elwin
12-14-2009, 08:44 AM
There is no way for that. They wuold be too good if so ~~

ON umkas there is merchant who always have aruond 20-30 of them

harisbr
12-14-2009, 08:53 AM
There is no way for that. They wuold be too good if so ~~

ON umkas there is merchant who always have aruond 20-30 of them

So i guess Resurrect spell won't work either, if i ever get it. Anyways Umkas sounds fine, i cant wait :D

Elwin
12-14-2009, 08:55 AM
I met some in Elon as well but they are not guaranteded there. About thorns read :plant: ability and you will find out you just can bring them back.
Thats why i kicked them out of my team for no lossses game. ITs imposible to not lose them. Choshas works beter than them for me.

ender
12-14-2009, 09:07 AM
You can gain more with sacrifice, but with warrior is hard.

Mystic Phoenix
12-14-2009, 09:11 AM
The only way to bring them back is by the resurrection ability of the paladin class. However, they will count as losses in the end (not my own experience but according to this forum). I don't mind that, so that's the way I use them.

I once found a huge number of them at the big lighthouse in Verona, but I was just lucky then.

Elwin
12-14-2009, 09:16 AM
Yes right. You can sascrifice them. But they ae high hp so you need large power of your sacrifice to rise them.

harisbr
12-14-2009, 09:32 AM
bah, i need to take 2nd level of Chaos Magic just for sacrifice, and what will i get back? Possibly 1 royal thorn each time, hmmm really hard for a warrior indeed

about paladin resurrection, i tried it before but i didnt work

Elwin
12-14-2009, 09:55 AM
he said about class not unit.

Mystic Phoenix
12-14-2009, 09:55 AM
about paladin resurrection, i tried it before but i didnt work

It's not the unit "paladin", but the class (that's why I wrote "paladin class", that means opposing to a warrior or a mage). The paladin class offers the unique ability "Resurrection" which brings back 100% of one fallen stack on level 3. It works, you can trust me ;).

karabaja
12-14-2009, 10:04 AM
you can use "timeback" spell on them if you have enough mana for it.

harisbr
12-14-2009, 10:12 AM
hehe didnt notice you said about paladin class, my bad

timeback i suppose it will be available in late game

Elwin
12-14-2009, 10:13 AM
yep timbeack is late game spell. unless you sneak of course ;p

harisbr
12-14-2009, 10:39 AM
save game scanner results

Island of Umkas Ben Gan Royal Thorn 46
Lands of Samman Castle of Samman Royal Thorn 9999

:D :D :D

edit: no timeback scroll but at least i get resurrection in a few places

Elwin
12-14-2009, 11:33 AM
ohh yes sammman can have random unlimited unit

travelingoz
12-14-2009, 12:53 PM
The pirate who's lost his treasure wandering around the foreshore of Umkas Island usually has at least 50 Royal Thorns.

Elwin
12-14-2009, 02:27 PM
thats what i said already :> and 50 ... i laways hade 20-30 so guess its beetwen 20-50

Zechnophobe
12-14-2009, 07:07 PM
Demonologists can resurrect Plants, last I checked.

Newbie1234
12-15-2009, 05:30 AM
I really liked Royal Thorns for the early game (especially with the Thorns +100% attack helm), but the vulnerability to fire and difficulty of ressurection really hurts them badly as the game progresses.

harisbr
12-15-2009, 08:02 AM
I really liked Royal Thorns for the early game (especially with the Thorns +100% attack helm), but the vulnerability to fire and difficulty of ressurection really hurts them badly as the game progresses.

i have that helm too

fire vulnerability is a problem indeed, i always forget how easy is to kill them when i play with my mage

Holywhippet
12-17-2009, 02:04 AM
yep timbeack is late game spell. unless you sneak of course ;p

I've got it, and I think I've only uncovered a bit over half the map.

Elwin
12-17-2009, 09:21 AM
Well its random, but mostly it is on the end.

godelmetric
07-18-2010, 10:53 PM
Demonologist life drain works.

N3MES1S
07-19-2010, 03:42 AM
The only way to resurrect plants is with sacrifice spell or the drain life demonologist hability. U can sacrifice inquisitors, or another level 2-3 troop and u gain 2-3 royal thorns. Then u resurrect the sacrificed troop. If u seen u are going to lose more r thorns than the ammount of gained with sacrifice, cast invisibility spell on em. And remember r thorns are level 4 units, u can cast fear on any enemy level 1-4 (if u have level 3 fear or 1-3 level 2) and worry only about level 4-5 enemy stacks. If u can, use demonologists. Demonologists + sacrifice spell, too hard u lose any royal thorn.

clinek
07-20-2010, 05:47 PM
Time back is a common spell to get in dersu. You will usually find armageddon, time back, or death star in dersu but death star is usually found in reha.

kcwong
07-21-2010, 12:56 AM
Time back is a common spell to get in dersu. You will usually find armageddon, time back, or death star in dersu but death star is usually found in reha.

Doesn't Time back require you to move the royal thorn first?

clinek
07-21-2010, 01:15 AM
no it doesn't. The only way that time back will not work is if an enemy is occupying the spot where you were at the beggining of the previous round.

MachDelta
07-21-2010, 04:58 AM
Are you sure? I seem to remember not being able to timeback a stack of Red Dragons once because they hadn't moved since the last round (I just had them fire off a flame breath first turn)... I was a little irritated since my game had a paltry selection of Reds. :p

kcwong
07-21-2010, 07:41 AM
Are you sure? I seem to remember not being able to timeback a stack of Red Dragons once because they hadn't moved since the last round (I just had them fire off a flame breath first turn)... I was a little irritated since my game had a paltry selection of Reds. :p

Yes, I remember the same happened to me.

N3MES1S
07-21-2010, 12:39 PM
No. If a unit hasnt moved yet, time back doesnt work on that unit. Time backs move a unit to the initial position of the turn, so if it has not moved yet, its no sense time back will work.

clinek
07-21-2010, 05:28 PM
yea but it also works on the units status as well. The only time i have ever used time back is with green dragons so im not entirely sure of this. I am pretty sure i remember not moving for 2 turns then casting the spell and it worked but maybe not.

Zechnophobe
07-21-2010, 09:57 PM
No. If a unit hasnt moved yet, time back doesnt work on that unit. Time backs move a unit to the initial position of the turn, so if it has not moved yet, its no sense time back will work.

You are not correct. If the unit is in the same place, it works fine. If another unit is in its old location, then you cannot timeback it.

N3MES1S
07-21-2010, 10:18 PM
You are not correct. If the unit is in the same place, it works fine. If another unit is in its old location, then you cannot timeback it.

I cant understand, thats wat i said on my post.. u just need to read the time back spell description.

ludak021
10-03-2010, 03:55 PM
"moved" means attacked, moved, taken dmg etc. you can have a unit not move at all, just attacked and it will be considered as able to timeback, if you are lucky cause sometimes it just doesn't work in the same circumstances that it worked before. Ah well, one of many "small" bugs, like inquisitors not being able to cast holy anger on paladins sometimes, phantom spell not working on cyclopses, or this:
http://imgur.com/e0veQl.jpg (http://imgur.com/e0veQ.jpg)

...demons humping guardian angels is just plain wrong, not because of moral issues, but because I could not move/select/cast anything on either of them...

IntelCoreDuo
08-05-2011, 10:49 AM
I try not to lose anyone and if one dies I usually restart the fight, but it is frustrating not to be able to heal them at all. Even paladin resurrect doesn't work. Sacrifice doesn't work on them either.

I am addicted to Royal Thorns, i cant play without them :D Unfortunately Im running out, just a few left in Rusty Anchor and Im currently on Montero after clearing the biggest part of Verona. Thank god Temple of Love gave me 450 Paladins. Is there a place that has a high percentage of giving Royal Thorns after Montero? The other toon Im running out are the Royal Griffins, but on these i can use Sacrifice.

My current setup is: 21 Royal Thorns, 37 Paladins, 80 or smt Inquisitors, 4 Emerald Dragons and 37 Royal Griffins. Back up: 7 Trolls and 6 Cyclops. My strategy is simple, I summon griffins and thorns and send them afront together with fully buffed Dragons. This strategy works pretty well and i usually have no losses. Im playing a warrior Amelie on normal difficulty. Currently level 23 with 70 fights without loss and 10-15 fights with minor losses.

How do you keep all these inquisitors alive? Especially in hero battles, where spells kill off several of mine frequently. Can paladins revive endlessly many of them?

I always assumed that you had to get the no loss battles all in a row in order to get medals, so I didn't bother losing one or two units in early game. I will have to restart now :mad: *rage face*

1darklord
08-05-2011, 11:48 AM
No you don't have to get the no losses on the row to get the medal, getting them over time is fine. I find my Inquisitors are rarely attacked, when they are they use their heal on themselves. Paladins can revive themselves and everyone adjacent.

There are several spells worth getting Phantom will allow you to copy a stack of Paladins/Inquisitors/Rune-Mages, all of which will then be able to heal your units. Aternatively the Ressurection spells directly returns units. As a Warrior however it will be lacking in power, so Phantom will be better for you.

You certainly don't need to restart. Unless you are trying never to lose a unit in the whole game. I'd play it normally first without such a crazy challenge! :)

Daniel.

ShuiMienLung
08-05-2011, 03:59 PM
Turn Back Time will also not work on a unit which has changed shape after the beginning of last turn. (That is to say, at the beginning of last turn you had a stack of Ancient Vampires, and some time either last turn or this turn you converted them to (Ancient Vampire) Bats. TBT will not work on the stack of bats.)

I know that this is the case with both kinds of Vampire, and my supposition--because I've never used either kind of unit--is that it is also the case with the Werewolf and Gobot.

Those four units are the only ones I recall that change their form, but there may be others.