PDA

View Full Version : king bounty expansion pack

mighty_king
12-13-2009, 09:56 AM
i have the king bounty that i did buy from a store why cant i buy the expansion pack in a store too?

Elwin
12-13-2009, 09:58 AM
Currently its available only in digital version. (NOt counting for slovian languages versions)

mighty_king
12-13-2009, 10:12 AM
so it will only be available on the digital version and i cant buy it from a store never?

Elwin
12-13-2009, 10:17 AM
It will be, but no one knows when ;s

mighty_king
12-13-2009, 10:22 AM
when i download it from stem and if i uninstall the pc of my can i download the game yet agian soo i dont need to buy agian then?

Elwin
12-13-2009, 10:34 AM
I do not know steam rules but it should be like that. I bought the game from official store on this site and i can instal game 5 times, and whwen i will need more i can write to them for new keys

mighty_king
12-13-2009, 10:48 AM
thx for the help

cicobuff
12-13-2009, 11:33 AM
I saw a retail version (DVD boxed set) for KB:AP in Singapore Changi Airport's duty free shops. So I guess it's actually available. I think the version was the Asia Pacific/Australia (English) version.

cicobuff
12-13-2009, 11:37 AM
I do not know steam rules but it should be like that. I bought the game from official store on this site and i can instal game 5 times, and whwen i will need more i can write to them for new keys

1. The Steam version can be installed unlimited times on any number of computers.

2. BUT you are required to install the Steam client.

3. You will also need to log in to access the game.

4. There is an offline mode if you are not connected to the internet but you are required to log in at least once successfully to use that mode.

5. Simultaneous logins on different PC are not allowed if you are online.

mighty_king
12-13-2009, 03:10 PM
thats nice too hear becase i have some game that i did install on my steam :)
can i still play the King's Bounty: The Legend and the expansion pack when i have the first game on cd and the second one from steam?

Elwin
12-13-2009, 04:52 PM
The game is not expansion at all. ITs LIKE KB2. Different game and no need to have legend to play Ap

Oh and much harder btw :p Starting this game with mage even on normal is preetty hard. I did it, but i used strategy from impossible dificulty from legend ...

Metathron
12-13-2009, 05:09 PM
Armored Princess is a stand-alone expansion. It's not a sequel, because the game is almost identical to its predecessor.

Kings Bounty Hunter
12-13-2009, 06:21 PM
eh? What's all this then? a new game?

Links please

cicobuff
12-14-2009, 06:52 AM
thats nice too hear becase i have some game that i did install on my steam :)
can i still play the King's Bounty: The Legend and the expansion pack when i have the first game on cd and the second one from steam?

The quick answer is yes, you can play both. But as the others have pointed out, KB:AP is a standalone expansion. So you can play KB:AP even without KB:L installed.

Coin-coin le Canapin
12-14-2009, 12:43 PM
Oh and much harder btw :p Starting this game with mage even on normal is preetty hard. I did it, but i used strategy from impossible dificulty from legend ...
I'm playing a mage on normal after finished the game with a warrior, and it's way more difficult.
Until Verona, I had major losses on my fights and just a few gold...

Now, I can fight without losses, thanks to my oil mist -> rain of fire, and a nice mana regen during fight (regen from killing stacks, after each round, and with the blue ball of the pet). The only thing I don't like is that my fights are so long. Way more than with my warrior.

And to reply to the subject, I don't know how you define a "sequel" to the game as a "new game" or how you define an expansion.
I call KB:AP a stand alone expansion, but the changes are kind of the ones between doom and doom 2... Same engine, same gameplay, just some improvement, new levels, and so on.

Elwin
12-14-2009, 01:26 PM
well it was called sequel oficialy on this forum by nike-it .. About mage .. at the begining its longer tha warior but later on it will not be ... if you focus on spell power they can do 6-7k damage warior cant get such high with his dragon