PDA

View Full Version : Borgs last flight

Gul_Dukat2
12-09-2009, 10:31 AM
hi guys i want to ask for some tips for this mission! i always lose all aa guns! the tommys killed me all the time and how can i win?

Korsakov829
12-09-2009, 01:25 PM
Play on easy level first, then the harder difficulties.

Defend your flanks, counter attack, use artillery barages and flares.
When you call in reinforcements, get infantry almost all the time and evenly distribute them. The AA guns don't really need to be defended if I remember, but they are useful.
Thats the basics of this mission, just defend.

Thats all I can say for now.

Gul_Dukat2
12-09-2009, 01:43 PM
yes but what about the tanks? i must kill the tanks!!

Korsakov829
12-09-2009, 02:47 PM
Get atleast one tiger tank to block the road near the destroyer, your tiger should last awhile. The Flak-88s can help destroy the tanks, as well as the artillery barrage. What you can really do is delay the tanks by infantry and then sneak in a AT grenade. Calling in a Pak-40 will be very helpful too.

haorant
12-14-2009, 05:41 PM
I forgot what it was that you should do in the mission but i just wanted to say that this is one of the best mission in the game u get to play BIG stuff haha...

Gul_Dukat2
04-21-2010, 03:05 PM
the tiger in last german mission has only 25 shells each i found out where to get more! theres somewhere a destroyed tiger tank (the burning one) get in the truck on the hill next to your start position and just drive to the tiger wreck and get the ammo!!

insolent1
04-22-2010, 03:34 PM
There is also 88 ammo in the crates beside the 88 on the right side.

The main downside to this mission is the way it forces you to go after the rocket launchers even if you held the first line(where you could just send down a tank to deal with them), the last time I done this all my infantry where killed and the allies where using my 4 tanks as cover as I had them on hold fire, I had to do a couple of reloads to save the Tiger but lost most of my tanks to AT grenades.

KnightFandragon
04-22-2010, 03:50 PM
I hate this mission.........its laggy, the planes are annoyingly deadly and the side mission to kil the rockets is impossible...Plus its a mission where you fight only to have to lose in the end......I hate missions where you fight but have to lose to win......I lost my Tiger early to a P51 rocket.......yeah....gay mission

kane1
04-23-2010, 05:10 AM
Yea the p-51s seem to be using Lazar guided bombs and rockets. I wouldn't have minded the secondary mission if I had more time. If your using vehicles and troops that you put in yourself, the game will play on(the mission still ends,everybody leaves but the game keeps going). It's mostly infantry but the snipers and the flamethrowers are deadly. I played that part just as much.

KnightFandragon
04-23-2010, 06:21 AM
If your using vehicles and troops that you put in yourself, the game will play on..

Lolz, this might have been my problem when I played it last......I think by the time the minimission comes around your supposed to NOT be holding the front line.....I was. It turns out the mini mission crosses the road right in front of the front line and the Brits were unloading right were I needed to be and kept spotting me and give me a taste of some 50caliber lead off the Shermmys.....so yeah it was gay. I had put in like 4 squads of men 4 Tanks 2 88s and Hummels...i was totally intent on holding that line until I found out the side mission is scrapped if you hold the front. Also, I dont think the mission ends till you fall back anyway...

kane1
04-24-2010, 03:31 AM
I just remembered, I use to put a squad at the end of the pier so that when the mini mission started they would destroy most of the launchers.

KnightFandragon
04-24-2010, 05:15 AM
My first thought was to delete them entirely but I actually wanted to see how to destroy them and I figured it would bug up the mission so I tried it.

insolent1
04-29-2010, 06:19 PM
Finished this mission again last night, you have to take out the rocket launchers even if you hold the original positions.
I left a squad and a matilda2 up by the rocket launchers and they took all but 1 out, the officer ran off and I had to hunt him down.
There is a lot of AT/AP mines/88ammo and ammo up there, so next time I might get some of it earliar as a plane hit the main AT mine box before I could empty it

expoke
08-06-2010, 05:15 PM
this mission pissed me off, i was at the part where i hadto destroy the rocket launchers so i get the ingame movie and when i clicked continue bam i was back at my normal mission so the rocket launchers were out of the map that really sucked. i even did not have a chance to destroy them